Do you circumcise your boy?

Ashbaby

oh no.. how?

my husband n i intend to do for our boy when he's in his pri sch. but seems like it's better to do it as young as possible. any1 do for their boys when they r older? is it really more painful? recovery still as fast?

Why would u want to do at this age, its gonna be very painful, as my hb also did it ard this age becos he had infection when he was young.

SH74

we dun intend to do at this age. we intend to do for him when he's in his pri sch. but seems like alot suggest doing when they r less den 6 mths old. is it cos it's more painful if do when they r much older? recovery slower?

gigi

we dont intend to do at this age. we intend to do for him when he's in his pri sch. but seems like alot suggest doing when they r less then 6 mths old. is it cos it's more painful if do when they r much older? recovery slower?
Went to have dear son circumcised today. Did it at KK, but very expensive. I asked the Doctor if we should wait. He told me to do as soon as possible as it will be much less painful and the plastic ring, which avoids much cutting and stiches can only be used until the child is 3-4, after that it becomes difficult to do this way. My son did not feel much at all. So glad I did it.

Last edited:

SH74

gigi > how old is ur boy? i cant bear to bring my boy for it now. cos he's at d semi-understand-things stage. though he can alr talk but sometimes he'll still choose to throw his frustrations to us instead of telling us wat happen.

Lin XuaN

Oh, why would you want to circumcise your boy if not for religious issues?
I dont think it is necessary loh..pain pain..
hygiene issues should be inculcated in the young stages then there would not be any problem.

gigi

gigi > how old is your boy? i cant bear to bring my boy for it now. cos he's at d semi-understand-things stage. though he can already talk but sometimes he'll still choose to throw his frustrations to us instead of telling us what happen.
My boy is just on 4 months now. The doctor said the sooner we do the better. My sister had her son done last week by the same doctor he is 3 and the doctor again said it was better not to wait. We did it for hygiene reasons.

gigi

gigi > how old is your boy? i cant bear to bring my boy for it now. cos he's at d semi-understand-things stage. though he can already talk but sometimes he'll still choose to throw his frustrations to us instead of telling us what happen.
When I took DS for check up I asked the doctor his advice was to do circumcision as early as possible. He told me it gets more complicated if it is left to late and is more painful.

bakaholic

Anyone did it right after birth in the hospital? My gynae said it's good to do after birth by the pediatrian surgeon cos bb wouldn't remember anything.

Anyone knows the charges in tmc for that?

foscom

Anyone did it right after birth in the hospital? My gynae said it's good to do after birth by the pediatrian surgeon cos baby wouldn't remember anything.

Anyone knows the charges in Thomson Medical Center for that?
I wanted to do it in the hospital after birth but the cost was close to $1000. Of course this did not include the cost of referrals etc. In the end we opted for the Crescent Clinic a few weeks after birth. It cost $100 and the result was very good.

jaslee

He all

I have a six month old son and this topic was raised at a dinner party. My son is not circumcised I am Chinese, but it seems like a good idea. Has anyone any experiences doing this like:

1) Did u get your son circumcised why why not

2)How old when u got your son circumcised?

3) did you do it for non religious reasons, were your family done, or like me thought it might be a good idea for cleanliness?

4) how long did it take to recover?

5) How much did it cost?

Need some help here dont want to make any mistakes with such a sensitive part of the body.

shi_san_yee

1) Did you get your son circumcised why why not

mostly for hygiene coz i hear alot of boys get infection in later yrs and if they wanna circumcise when they are older, it becomes a surgery where GA is needed, might as well do it early when he hardly knows.

2)How old when you got your son circumcised?

2 weeks old

3) did you do it for non religious reasons, were your family done, or like me thought it might be a good idea for cleanliness?

non religious. it is cleaner and coz i'm a single mom, when he gets older its hard for me to teach him this kind of cleanliness

4) how long did it take to recover?

he stopped crying after day 1, and the ring fell off after 5-6 days. there was blood first 2 days, but later on he didn't fuss.

5) How much did it cost?

Mine was $700, referred by my pd, some go to clinics which is much cheaper. i don't know whats the diff other than peace of mind maybe?

wongsally82

Hi Mummies.

Very interesting posts...

Actually I'm Chinese and wonder if I should have my son done. He is now 2 yrs old...

I was at a party and my sisters boyfiend, who is from the UK, raised the topic. Have to say he did convince me of some benefits... but no one in my family has been done.

Want to hear other mummies opinions on this.....who are thinking of doing it for reasons other than religion? or have done it? and why?

shi_san_yee

Hi Mummies.

Actually I'm Chinese and wonder if I should have my son done. He is now 2 yrs old...

I was at a party and my sisters boyfiend, who is from the UK, raised the topic. Have to say he did convince me of some benefits... but no one in my family has been done.

Want to hear other mummies opinions on this.....who are thinking of doing it for reasons other than religion? or have done it? and why?
i'm chinese too and circumcised my son purely for cleanliness. also because i'm a single mom, so my boy has no father to teach him how to clean and if there is any infection, i won't be able to tell. but i had him done within the first mth he was born, so it was easy to heal and clean. i personally think at 2 yrs might be abit harder to heal coz they would be aware of pain and will touch it, and i think at that age they need to undergo GA?

foscom

Hi Mummies.

Hi i'm also chinese. Had my two boys done for health reasons. Also no one in my family did before. My first son had infections and had to do when older 5 yrs. With our second son we did after birth...much better do as pain of infection is much worse than circumcision... why take the chance

jaslee

Hi Mummies.

Im also from a chinese background. I did my son. I was nervous making the decision, but I'm glad I did. The proceedure took a few minutes and the recovery was fast...

banner82

Anyone can recommend a pd who do circumcision at resonable cost? My pd referred me to a pd surgeon at Gleneagles. He quoted us ard $500 if do it at his clinic, LA.

shi_san_yee

Anyone can recommend a pd who do circumcision at resonable cost? My pd referred me to a pd surgeon at Gleneagles. He quoted us ard $500 if do it at his clinic, LA.
my pd recommended a pediatric urologist surgeon he quoted me $850 at his clinic in Mt E. He did say if done at his mt A clinic, can use medisave but same price. Unless u go to an experienced GP at eunos crescent clinic, a malay doctor. He charges about $100.

This is provided your son is very young and does not require to undergo GA.

Last edited: