Do you clear your own trays?

jasobias

Hi mummies,
just read abt this topic in papers.
For me at fast food i always empty my tray(actually my boys do it).I trained them fr young.3 yrs old can reach the bin already can clear tray.One bro will hold the bin open while the other empties it.Its so cute to see them do it.They of course get lots of stares fr older lazy people who choose to leave the trays on the table.
At food court if pple dont clear trays i understand coz u cld be dealing with wet stuff n all.But what about fast food restaurants?Whats the excuse for not clearing it?I see it all the time,students,well dressed people n even lazy ang mohs.
U try eating at burger king at Amara hotel,all those well dressed people never empty their trays!!What kind of lesson would that be for their kids?
All mummies want their kids to grow up well mannered n all n i think this should be an impt lesson too.Clearing up after eating.It doesnt get more basic than that.
When someone leaves the table n i am waiting for it,i would always say to them"hey,u forgot to clear ur tray."Some act deaf while others would clear it afterwards.
Dear mummies do share your experiences.

diymummy

Hmmm... I used to clear my own tray. But most times, the bin is always full (at fast foods). Sometimes the bin is stacked with other people's trash. So now I just pack my used stuff on the tray and let the staff clear it. I pack my emptied stuff at hawker and food courts too if I have a tray.

I think if people are too lazy to clear their trays, just pack it. It's helpful for the next person using the table. If someone is waiting for my table, I will try to clear the tray.

I can't stand people who clear their pockets/wallets on the table...

meiteoh

I do, especially at fast food places and some food courts where they have places for you to place your trays. I was thanked once by a cleaning lady at a food court for clearing my tray even though I was lugging around my diaper bag and had a stroller to negotiate. Apparently, there were signs everywhere asking people to clear their trays and not leave it behind but people obviously couldn't be bothered to read.

When I eat, I try to keep the mess minimal, meaning no food stuff on the table like bones and etc and tissues are thrown into the bowl instead of onto the table. If I can't take my tray somewhere, I'll stack up the dishes and put the rubbish IN the bowl and not leave it on the table. It minimizes the work people have to do plus it's less disgusting for the next person using the table.

jasobias

True,me too will always wipe the table with wet wipe after eating.If kids make a mess..then they will be doing their own wiping.I have seen some pple ah,wipe table with wet wipes b4 eating then eat so messily n leave it there.I wld be like "huh!!

joeyz

i do that in fast food outlets, but not hawker centre or food court whereby there is no indication where to place your tray. In cinema, i often bring out my trash even though i see most ppl jus leave their trash there, i jus hope someday, it will slowly change and make the world a better place to live. :)

littlehelper

I do i do!
I clear my tray especially at fast food restaurants and even more when ppl are waiting to get the table.
At food courts normally i do but sometimes if i dunno where i won't.
Those coffee shop place i won't.(No where to put..)

CanCanMum

so far i only cleared my trays in MOS burger lehhh, not in other fast foods restaurants

i dunnO why but MOS burger seems very clean and seeing tat tray of mine lying there seems outta place

i admit i dunn usually have the habit of clearing my own trays super paiseh to admit.............:embarrassed:

jasobias

so far i only cleared my trays in MOS burger lehhh, not in other fast foods restaurants

i dont know why but MOS burger seems very clean and seeing that tray of mine lying there seems outta place

i admit i dunn usually have the habit of clearing my own trays super paiseh to admit.............:embarrassed:
Aiyoh!!CAN CAN mUMMY!!!
Hahahha
next time if i see someone dont return tray ..must ask..u can can mummy ah?!!:tlaugh:

hakisumi

Haha...
Omg...hawker or foodcourt I dun..
Fast food...usually I ll just pack nicely..like carls jr:I ll pack the burger wrapper into the fries box... Dun recall myself clearing...so bad...
But will train Graham to do so though..lol!!!

tika

The only times I've cleared my tray is during school!!!! And at homes. I've always thought its part of the staffs' duties to clear our tables for us. HAaa someone shoot me for being ignorant. Have started clearing my trays since it came up on the news.

But I'm not too pleased with the wiping of tables. Must we really do that too? Its so wasteful to use tissue so often when a staff member can use a cloth. Or is that considered unreasonable?

Oppsgal

The only times I've cleared my tray is during school!!!! And at homes. I've always thought its part of the staffs' duties to clear our tables for us. HAaa someone shoot me for being ignorant. Have started clearing my trays since it came up on the news.

But I'm not too pleased with the wiping of tables. Must we really do that too? Its so wasteful to use tissue so often when a staff member can use a cloth. Or is that considered unreasonable?
Same thoughts... :001_302:... Leave the clearing to the staffs, don't fight the jobs with them. :p But I try to neater abit in fast food restaurant by putting used tissue on the tray.

tika

Same thoughts... :001_302:... Leave the clearing to the staffs, dont't fight the jobs with them. :p But I try to neater abit in fast food restaurant by putting used tissue on the tray.

it was made clear on the news that clearing the tables is not the staff's job actually. :p

jasobias

hmmm..actually ah even if someone packs the tray nicely ah n if i needed to use the table i wont be a very happy person.Coz these days i realise not many cleaners ard n esp if peak time.Think abt it this way,if one can queue up to buy food,get their own napkins straws and all..why cannot go a step further n clear own tray?
Come on mummies lets set a gd example for our future generations!!!