Do you let your kids to join boys/girls scout if their age is reached?

dek2k8

Alpha Male
Do you let your kids to join boys/girls scout if their ages will be reached?

It maybe a chance for them to learn more knowledge after becoming a good scout.

:Dancing_tongue: :Dancing_wub: :Dancing_tongue: :Dancing_wub:

vion

If dds r interested, y not?? 1 immediate benefit from uniform grp is tt they'll learn self discipline.

dek2k8

Alpha Male
If dds r interested, y not?? 1 immediate benefit from uniform grp is tt they'll learn self discipline.
Yes, agreed with you.

Uniform grp and books reading will 100% bebefitial to the kids.
This will trigger their learning interest.
:tlaugh::001_302:

stonston

trigger learning is provided they get a nice teacher-in-charge or officer....
i noe some schools they holler at the kids for no rhyme or reason...instead of trigger learning, they trigger hatred onli....

Angelmum

a lot of marching, ironing and polishing to do ...... if DS dont mind the hassle and hot sun, I got nothing to say.

muman

I have no idea about boy/girl scout. How I can know whether my girl interested it or not? Or can take it or not?

rjj

By P3 they have to sign up for a CCA? How can we know if scout is smthg they want and will last?

What if they want to quit half way?

bluechin

BMSG Moderator
Most definitely.... :)

I grew up being a brownie and then a girl guide.

I must say i totally enjoyed the experience! :) All the tying of knots, games, songs, campfires, camps, friends i made remains in my mind/circle till today.

I recalled going through many tests to fill up my brown and blue cards and to obtain all those proficiency badges etc. It was all rounded.... there were cooking, etiquette, knots, nature awareness, too many to tell etc etc.. Fun and a good learning experience.

Heard comments about scouts being silly etc etc and NCC/NPCC being more macho... but actually in my opinion, i find the activites in scouting is balanced, gives practical life-skills, form life-long friendships for most and helps develop a person's character.

I will love to have my son and daughter follow my footsteps :)