Do you like pearl necklace ?

dek2k8

Alpha Male
Do you like pearl necklace ?

Apart from diamond, pearl is another choice for you.

Maybe it is good when going to friends' party or ball.

:Dancing_wub: :Dancing_tongue: :Dancing_wub::Dancing_tongue:

mae

yes i love pearls...in fact i feel so elegant wearing pearl accessories.

Angelmum

err, how come I felt I wear pearl necklace like ah-soh? My set is those man made that can join bracelet n necklace into a long pc.

Bracelet or ear rings looked fine.
My earrings r clip on so quite painful to wear for more than 1hr.. any trick to reduce pain, tried loosen end up drop easily

JenLee98

There r some modern designs with pearls too....... I hv a set of pink pearls of earrings and Y-shaped pendant necklace.......:Dancing_wub:

lulu_booboo

hmmm... pearls....
yes, very nice....

i would love a Akoya Cultured pearl necklace from mikimoto... about 7mm in diameter... :red:
so far only have a pair of their earrings which i bought when i went to japan for biz trip... at that time, that's all i could afford :tlaugh:

some info on pearls:
Lustre: The first thing that our experts look for when selecting pearls is lustre. Lustre can vary, depending on the smoothness of the surface, the uniformity of the pearl layers, and the amount of impurities. The depth of the lustre is closely related to the nacre thickness, so that pearls with the greatest nacre thickness tend to have the deepest lustre.

Narce Thickness: Nacre thickness refers to the thickness of the pearl layers. The greater the nacre thickness, the higher the quality, and this factor is also an important element in the durability of the surface. Nacre thickness is also related to the length of time that the pearl is cultured, with pearls cultured for a short period of time having a thinner nacre.

Surface: Pearls with few flaws and smooth surfaces are deemed to be high quality. However, every pearl has a few natural flaws, and there is no such thing as a flawless pearl.

Colour: As the expression 'pearly white' suggests, pearls are mainly white or milky white. Akoya pearls come in colours other than white, including pink, blue, silver, and cream-coloured varieties, and those pearls with the most uniform coloration are considered the best.

Shape: The closer a pearl is to a perfect sphere, the more highly it is regarded, but baroque pearls, which have irregular shape, and the exquisite gently curving lines of the drop pearls are also considered attractive.

Size: Given two pearls of the same quality, the larger one is more highly valued. It is best to select the size most appropriate for the jewellery item envisaged and the expected use of the pearl.