Do you still buy books for your kids?

I remember when I was a child, our house was full of different books and encyclopedia. I love readings, and I feel like I wont live without a book. But now, that everything can be found in the internet, (my kids seldom open books in our house) and Lord Google has almost everything you need to know, do you think its advisable to buy books? I read the article 5 Roald Dahl books that should be on your children's bookshelf, and I wonder if it worth the money. I am so tempted to buy them. I want my kids to love books as much as I do, but Im afraid Im being too left behind by opting for book, with technologies just around the corner.

Phoebii Cheng

I still buy books for my son....sometimes order from amazon too.....I think the feeling of reading frm the internet and the book is different, personal opnion :001_302:

Yes i most definitely still buy books for my little girl. It's different from reading from iPad and computers, and I think
it forms great bonding btwn parents and kids when they read together.
Books will never go out of style for my family ;p

tpyy

hi mummies,
my baby's just a few months and I am reading to him! enjoying it and plan to introduce him to more and more books. I remember learning just by spending time reading books when I was a kid.

observed something which is quite sad...
alot of relatives and friends will try to show baby handphone, LCD screen/cameras, TV..computer etc...it actually upsets me quite abit becoz my baby is so young.
But in this day and age, i think probably very few people will understand what i mean...

carolinaw

I'd like to buy stories books for my baby so i can read the story for her. I remember when I was a little girl, my mom often told my stories which made me happy. Hope my girl will love the stories too.