do you swaddle your baby??

TANZHENZHI

I didn't swaddle him as he will wiggle out his hands and leg no matter how tight i wrap him. ;) He just dun like and he will cry whenever we try to wrap him. I only wrap him for about 5days then free his hands and leg.. he then play with the toys i hang above the cot.

Ting

didnt swaddle much, prob til she was 2 mths?
cant rmb.
she always find a way out of the blankie/nappy.
so end up just use beansprout bag. bt she will also kick away.. -.-"

diymummy

I didn't swaddle my baby at all! LOL. He will complain.

But he likes to sleep on his tummy. From birth he slept on his tummy.

my boy likes to be swaddled, he would be unhappy when unwrapped.. but this past 2 days i found his back kinda sweaty.. worried that he's warm. i only use swaddle cloth and romper for him im not sure if it's too warm? the swaddle cloth also made from cotton and not thick. i do on aircon but don't dare to on lower than 25degree scared he got runny nose and myself doing confinement.. what should i do??

Phoebii Cheng

I use nappy cloth to swaddle my son, so far not sweaty, oso the clothings that put on for him are light clothings.......

Could it oso be due to the confinement food tht you eat?

adelynn

i would swaddle her the whole time the first week she was out from hospital till i realized that she likes to keep her hands 'free' during the day. But in the night, she would still prefer to be swaddled to sleep.

I use nappy cloth to swaddle my son, so far not sweaty, also the clothings that put on for him are light clothings.......

Could it also be due to the confinement food tht you eat?
hmm.. not really sure but i don't eat herbal food everyday but alternate. i haven't been taking ginger too cos baby got jaundice now..

the clothing worn by him is also very light and made from 100%cotton..

Ottermum

my boy likes to be swaddled, he would be unhappy when unwrapped.. but this past 2 days i found his back kinda sweaty.. worried that he's warm. i only use swaddle cloth and romper for him im not sure if it's too warm? the swaddle cloth also made from cotton and not thick. i do on aircon but dont't dare to on lower than 25degree scared he got runny nose and myself doing confinement.. what should i do??
i also swaddled my boy til about 3 months...he sleeps better when he's being swaddled...but last time i was staying at MIL's place no aircon n he developed lots of rashes...

aircon @ 25 degrees sounds fine...as long as it's not blowing straight at you n your boy...

Mummy to Baby V

My super-insecure boy was swaddled until 6.5 months, else he cannot sleep well. Swaddle baby only for sleeping or to calm him down. When he is in a good mood, leave hands and legs free to explore. We used swaddle wraps with Velcro tabs so that baby can be swaddled snugly and sleep better.

Light clothings and 25 degrees Celsius alr-con sounds fine. If baby is perspiring, then may need to dress him even lighter, eg. sleeveless singlet, before swaddlng, and check room temperature. Although air-con is set at 25 degrees C, room temp may be higher.

Mummy to Baby V
MummysReviews.com/category/sleep/

thanks for the advises mommies.. i on my aircon at 24degree now and he seems fine and no more perspiring. i will get the sleeveless shirt to see if it helps too..

cloudhoney

wat do your babies wear at the bottom when being swaddled? just diapers, or shorts outside the diapers? am wondering whether need to buy bottoms, as all my handmedown bb clothes are just tops..

hueychye79

what do your babies wear at the bottom when being swaddled? just diapers, or shorts outside the diapers? am wondering whether need to buy bottoms, as all my handmedown baby clothes are just tops..
Hi Cloudhoney mummies, in the morning after shower I only let my baby wear diaper and clothes. If raining day, I will let my baby wear bottom also.

At night will let my baby wear the bottoms after wipe him.

I use nappy cloths to swaddled my baby, but after few mins his hand will come out from the swaddle -_-''

newbie2009

till what age do you mums swaddle your baby?

Each time i try to swaddle my baby, he will find a way to out-smart me. And with a twinkle of the eye, his little hands will pop out and he will end up sucking his fingers.

Any suggestion how to curb this?

Does your baby startle from his sleep? Aparrently if I do not swaddle him, he will sleep sleep only for a short duration. *help*

hakisumi

i didnt swaddle graham from day 1...
he like to stretch..so MIL say dun wrap him la... like so restricted..

my baby also ll startle.. like suddenly the hands COME up...right?
sometimes i ll pat his chest.. sometimes i leave it..
maybe they dreaming....*someone bully them or snatch their milk?*

just like we dreaming....

newbie2009

i didnt swaddle graham from day 1...
he like to stretch..so mother in law say dont wrap him ... like so restricted..

my baby also ll startle.. like suddenly the hands COME up...right?
sometimes i ll pat his chest.. sometimes i leave it..
maybe they dreaming....*someone bully them or snatch their milk?*

just like we dreaming....
ya its like their hands will come up, then will wake up from sleep or will cry. That was the reason why i resorted to wrapping him up. Previously was still ok, however he is getting alot strong, all the wrapping method is not holding him down for long. *sigh*

hakisumi

i use the blanket ..like make a V shape to somehow hold his hands down..lol.. at least got a light weight pressing..ahahhaha

only wrap my gal for about 2wks+ thereafter its pretty adhoc. After end of 1st mth, i practically don't wrap her cos she sweats quite a bit