do you think its safe to dye your hair during pregnancy?

currently in my second trimester now. been reading a lot online about its relatively safe to dye your hair during second trimester and this process does not have scientific backing to say that dyeing your hair will affect the fetus. Has anyone dyed their hair during their pregnancy and would you say its safe?

thanks. :001_302:

I think they say if you want to dye wait till 2nd trimester. Even wendy(xiaxue) dyed her haor and her baby came out healthy and normal. But unless u really want, if not u should just wait. Whats beauty compared to the health and well being of our little ones. :)

viclou

Currently 23 weeks. i have lots of white hair and recently colour my roots, well happy mummy = healthy baby! Again, its up to individual!

I did! DIY-ed color my hair when í'm in my 1st trim, and went for straighting hair (rebonding) recently (22week now). I don't feel any unwell or uncomfortable at all.

It's fine for me. and according to my gynae check up, my baby is healthy and fine too. :)

viclou

haha, coz i am going to colour my roots a few times during pregnancy, i decided to hold rebounding till after birth. Plus i think i'll probably be tying my hair quite a lot during confinement, so better don't rebound yet :p

zhumei

haha, coz i am going to colour my roots a few times during pregnancy, i decided to hold rebounding till after birth. Plus i think i'll probably be tying my hair quite a lot during confinement, so better don't rebound yet :p

same here! i will rebond after birth too. LUN!

momnbaby

I just dye my hair with natural protective reflex for hair - Color Erbe (from Italy) - which is Semipermanent Reflex Tone On tone & Ammonia and oxidant Free ..
it declare that can be used during pregnancy.. :001_302:
$(KGrHqFHJBcE9!JGVt9ZBPWi1zRP2Q~~60_35.jpg

BabyDF

Hi Mummies.
I have the same dilemma. My hair is not the straight and "obedient" type. Therefore I need to treat and when the previous rebond worn out usually I will rebond it.
But now since I am at my 15weeks, my hair is super unmanageable. Quite stress with it too. I want to rebond but heard many negative comments and reviews altho no proven scientifically says about anything that it will damage the baby.
I am trying to look for alternative to make my hair "obedient" though. I bought treatment shampoo and conditioner plus the mask but still hair is not soft and very curly wirly.

Any help/suggestions babes?

Last edited:
dear mummies N MTB, I think(my thinking only) is depends on individual mummies body, some can N some cannot,
is advisable not take the risk too. I'm planning to dye N rebonding my hair before taking long leave N rest t home, only
resume working when I'm fit to work back later.

BTW, I'm 5 months +++ pregnant, 1st time MTB soon.

As per NHS article chemicals in permanent and semi-permanent hair dyes are not highly toxic. These chemicals only absorbed by hair, and not by scalp or bloodstream. Anyway my advice is not to take risk.

dloreangel

i was thinking of the same thing too just last week
hubby ask me not to take any additional risks... sigh.
my hair damn ugly now