Do you use cane?

BbYew

hihi,

I do keep a cane @ home...initially just to threathen my boys..but now, I realli use it to cane my boys when they get out of hands...I oni use it when they refuse to litsen or ignore my warnings 3 times..

aby

Yes, I started on both when they turned 18mo and when they are defiant, same as BbYew.. They have one each..

Lately, I discovered when our boundaries are set and made known to them clearly, the canes are seldom used.. :tlaugh:

rjj

Haha.... we have one in each room, so easy to reach whenever wherever needed....

Yes, like what Aby says....state the boundaries first, use it only when they try to challenge, which they will once in a while.... but may not need to use it too often after all.....

Yes Yes Yes!

i used to cane him when he doesnt listen to me..
1st, say nicely.
2nd, warning.
3rd, still doesnt listen, cane.

now that he is 4, i seldom cane him...
only use it to threaten him.
he will keep quiet, but then bk to his active-self!

lml2402

Yes, I do use cane when after warning 3rd time he won't listen. Nowadays seldom use as he know what is cane.

aby

Haha.... we have one in each room, so easy to reach whenever wherever needed....
Heehee, the cane is placed beside my home office n one in the hall.. Well, heard from some friends, their cane are placed far away, the purpose? By the time u got hold of it, the anger has cool off abit le.. Gd idea hor.. :red:

But my case can't, esp in my bedroom where my home office is.. They like to play n chat loudly to get my attention, thus i need the cane to threaten them out of my room to continue their loud noises.. heehee.. :tlaugh:

tenor

Alpha Male
We have canes at strategic spots so that they are there when we need them. Must alway set the bar high when they are young.

I would count from 5 to 1 backwards. And if at the count of 1 things doesn't happen, daddy will make whatever that's suppose to happen happen through them.

jedamum

Heehee, the cane is placed beside my home office n one in the hall.. Well, heard from some friends, their cane are placed far away, the purpose? By the time u got hold of it, the anger has cool off abit le.. Gd idea hor.. :red:

But my case can't, esp in my bedroom where my home office is.. They like to play n chat loudly to get my attention, thus i need the cane to threaten them out of my room to continue their loud noises.. heehee.. :tlaugh:
actually caning should not be done out of anger...

michelle

We have canes at strategic spots so that they are there when we need them. Must alway set the bar high when they are young.

I would count from 5 to 1 backwards. And if at the count of 1 things doesn't happen, daddy will make whatever that's suppose to happen happen through them.

-Yup.. i would count fr 1 to 3..to give warning but my father say like tis,
like treat the kids like dog...

Now i start to beat my boi using cane.. as i have not beat him before..
My hb sure not happy de...

So since 18mth old. can use cane? Keep thinking 18mth abit small..
But sometime cant stand as wont listen...

jeSsie_Dz

nope.. i dun use cane.. cox they no scare of it.. when u show it to them they wil think its play time.. cox i use the cane to my dog one lei.. lolx....

vion

Yes I do. N I still use when they try to challenge me. My dds r old enuff to understands their dos n don'ts, thus when I counted to 3 n they persist, den it's time for me to bring out the cane.

I seldom use it when it's juz me n dds oni, cos they'll usu listen n behaved when warned. When ILs or SILs stepped in, den I verbally warned them abt bringing out the cane. Until they go over my limits which I'll remind them everytime den time for the cane again.

taurus033

Hi,

Like to know if there is an appropriate age to start using the cane. My 20mth old girl always refuse to heed our warnings and do as she wants. Even we used hands to beat her thighs or arms, she isn't afraid or heed our warnings. So hubby said must buy cane liao.

vion

Hi,

Like to know if there is an appropriate age to start using the cane. My 20mth old girl always refuse to heed our warnings and do as she wants. Even we used hands to beat her thighs or arms, she isn't afraid or heed our warnings. So hubby said must buy cane liao.
Hi taurus033, IMHO, when u r comfortable in using cane den can use le lor. Juz hv to remind urself to not to use it when u r overheated cos will most likely ended causes more pain den u intend. Use it to scare her 1st n start with lighter strokes lor.

Mrs Xie

I don't think I will use a cane, especially mine is a gal..... can't bear to use cane lah.... But I will talk to her, scold her or shout at her if she really makes me go crazy when she's older.... cos now she's only 6mth-old.... can't do anything to her even she makes me go mad at times :001_302: