Does anyone eat Subway during the first trimester?

Carabella

Hi all mummies and mummies to be,
Does anyone knows if it is safe to eat Subway during first trimester?
I have been craving for it and been eating for about 2x a week since I know I am pregnant.
However, not sure if it is safe to be eating them so often as I worry about listeria and salmonella poisoning.

The sandwiches I have been eating are tuna or roast chicken sandwiches with the raw veggies ... Not sure they are safe or not. Now I am quite worried and unsure if it is safe for the baby...

Anyone here has the same cravings as me in the first semester? And has been eating as well?

Edwinie

i ate subway sandwiches.
I think it's better not to eat cold cut trio.
i did not like the cookie as i find them too sweet.

luvjoanne

i ate subway sandwiches.
I think it's better not to eat cold cut trio.
i did not like the cookie as i find them too sweet.
Why not? I crave for it at times n I like the tuna! I think raw veggies r ok as subway has a certain standard of food hygience as long as there is no uncooked meat. In fact I think subway is healthy with lotsa veggies!! Hehe

Carabella

Phew! Good to know that u all have the same cravings too.
I tot so too but reading different sources make me paranoid and always end up with nothing much to eat.
Yeah I stay away from cold cut trio and all the ham. Only eat the cooked food.

Now when I eat the roasted chicken and bacon, I end up not asking the veg.
Maybe I am just too paranoid. Thanks all!

apollo

yes y not? all the while i've been eating subway melt with those raw veg (even when i was preg).

Edwinie

i read somewhere that it's better not to eat cold cut during pregnancy because of some components in it. I can't remember what exactly.

mamamiao

I ate subway yesterday, I think its fine, just stay away from those uncooked ones i guess... I believe Subway have their cleanliness standard, so I don't worry about the fresh veggie.
I found its easier for me to eat Subway veggie to help fill in my veggie quota (yes Im a picky eater) :D

Carabella

Thanks Ladies! Appreciate ur replies. Make me feel more relieved. I dun feel like eating Chinese food recently as I think they are too strong in flavor. Hence always go for sandwiches.
Initially loved the veggie pattie but was worried the ingredients that make the patty. Hence started eating roasted chicken n bacon without veg as worried if the veggies are washed. Now I can safely eat them.

Thanks!

Carabella

i read somewhere that it's better not to eat cold cut during pregnancy because of some components in it. I can't remember what exactly.
Yes better not to eat cold cut, ham coz they may contain listeria and salmonella, those bacteria found in raw food. These bacteria can harm ur bb growth. May even cause miscarriage. Which is why I am so paranoid. But I ensure they toast the sandwich for me when I order and only order tuna or chicken, all cooked food.

biBee

Yup yup tuna and chicken for me too... once in a while I go for egg mayo but its not too gd too cos mayo made from raw eggs :p

pipilili

I didn't eat Subway but had delifrance. Not very different also lah.

My body seemed to be able to take only baguette, and not normal bread. I puke when I eat normal guardinia wheat/white bread.

I have tried chicken baguette, with ribena and no problem so far...:001_302:

maneo0302

I don't think there's anything wrong with eating Subway sandwiches, even raw vege. My mum sometimes prepare salad for dinner, which includes raw vege, raisins, fruits etc. My baby is fine when scanned.

I heard from my aunt that she had craving for raw pineapples when she's pregnant with her son (now 36 years old). She will eat one whole big pineapple whenever she goes to the mkt every morning. The stall tender even looked at her big tummy when slicing the pineapple. Haha! But her son still comes out fine.

Make a pregnancy ticker

pipilili

Agreed with mane. My neighbour was ordered to bedrest and she cannot eat anything but pineapple(minimal food but must have pineapple for every meal). She had pineapple for 9mths, her baby also ok.:001_302:

maneo0302

Agreed with mane. My neighbour was ordered to bedrest and she cannot eat anything but pineapple(minimal food but must have pineapple for every meal). She had pineapple for 9mths, her baby also ok.:001_302:
Wah. pineapple for every meal. I don't even dare to eat abit. :)

Geri Tang

once I bought roasted meat rice & the foodstall uncle advice me not to take the chilli sauce as it has pineapple in it... I was wondering why why why? Then he said preggy cannot eat pineapple. Why is pineapple harmful to preggy? Anyone can share?

During my 1st trimester... I only crave for vegetarian food and absolute NO PORK & FISH.. even my favourite sushi. Luckily, it's over once into 2nd trimester!

Edwinie

i think pineapple too cooling and it's bad for the womb. there's a rumour that if you want to abort your fetus when u get pregnant, keep eating pineapple.

but i think it's just age old saying. just like not drinking cold drinks.

Geri Tang

i think pineapple too cooling and it's bad for the womb. there's a rumour that if you want to abort your fetus when u get pregnant, keep eating pineapple.

but i think it's just age old saying. just like not drinking cold drinks.
Thanks Edwinie for sharing :)

maneo0302

I drink cold drinks sometimes too. :) As for pineapples, I try not to eat. Although its an old saying that pregnant women cannot eat pineapples, its quite known to many people.
For fruits, its better not to eat watermelon, papaya, banana...I try to eat apples, oranges, guava and pears. As for durian, there's too much sugar in it too. So i try not to eat.

pipilili

Actually I don't know how true it is about pineapples. Alot of schools of thought.

My mum said our neighbour actually ate pineapple for the whole 9 mths. Every meal must be accompanied with pineapple and she was bed ridden for 9 mths. She eventually gave birth to her baby too. :001_302:

maneo0302

I think different people are different. Some can eat pineapples, while some just blame pineapples if anything happens to their baby. See how u see it ba.