Does anyone has a bad cough?

Judy

Hi ladies

I have suffered from a bad cough for nearly a week now. The doctor has only prescribe a cough mixture and a cold/flu tablets to me. I have also been told to avoid spicy stuff & cold drinks. However, the medicine did nothing to ease the "itch" in my throat which causes me to cough really badly. I was told not to take Pi Pa Gao and also the usual cough sweets as doctor warn that they could lead to more phelgm creation. :tsad:

Does anyone of you have the same experience as me? If yes, do you have any remedy to ease "itchy" throat without harming the bb?

Angelmum

I take pi pa guo - slow process but Chinese stuff r better for internal 'healing'. c go a chinese sinseh

No cold stuff - everything at room temp
No durian, chocolate, rambutans, the yellow preserved mango .....

stefylim

me starting to get sick too....can feel a cold n cough developing...now keeping my fingers cross n be really healthy...

shld try to eat lots of Vit C....

Judy

Hi city.p, I just checked with my gyne and she advises that I should not take pi pa kao..cos they are unfamiliar if the active ingredients in the syrup is safe for pregnant ladies or not.

Doctor also encourages me to eat vit C too. :)

Carol

I was constantly falling sick back when I was preg. Mostly coughing too. In the end I find that drinking more water actually helps. Warm water.

Judy

Yeah..that's what I did too. In fact, I also uses listerine before I goes to bed every night and in the morning when I wakes to help curb the cough. In the end, it works! But I do not know whether it works because of me taking medicine or because of the use of listerine and just drinking plenty of warm water when I had the cough. :001_302:

Ang family

Hi I m new here, my 1st post hahah...:001_302:
i jus recover from a very bad cough after my customary wedding last month.. actually before that i had dry cough already then after that become worst ..cough with phlegm. And cough until i lost my voice! :chatterbox: (thye say because or wedding preparation and the stress wor.. not sure ley :err:) Seen western doc and then see 中医 ...haiz..at night only get to sleep 3, 4 hours because the cough is irritating , and very 喘 and 辛苦 when cough too. Now i m recovered and really happy and relive lor. Right now still avoid eating fried food, chicken , yellow noodle, cold drinks.. . take moderate can la.

LoVeS

Toking abt cough it reminds me of my bad cough comes wif phelgm + flu during my last trimester all the way till i give birth thru c-sect. Each time i cough, my c-sect wound hurt like hell, like as if going to burst open the wound tt kind of pain. Anyway i was aso given cough mixture n same like u it didnt works for me at all. Normally gynae will gif us light dose of cough coz it wont harm the bb but then those cough mixture wif such light dose i doubt it helps lor.:nah:

Ang family

Paisey, I m not pregnant yet but i just start reading this forum to gain some knowledge first :shyxxx:

The other time i had the bad cough, (cough for months) the doc send me for an Xray on lungs, turns out normal leh..Just wan to ask..anyone know after the Xray is there any harm to the body? I only know when one is pregnant cannot do Xray, how about after that?

LoVeS

Paisey, I m not pregnant yet but i just start reading this forum to gain some knowledge first :shyxxx:

The other time i had the bad cough, (cough for months) the doc send me for an Xray on lungs, turns out normal leh..Just wan to ask..anyone know after the Xray is there any harm to the body? I only know when one is pregnant cannot do Xray, how about after that?
to non preg ppl there isnt much harm but is very bad for preg ladies.

Ang family

Thanks! :werolleyes:
We shall take good care of our health esp the period when are pregnant, cos i believe those medicine are not so good to the BB inside us.

Hmm.. Hope i will have a honeymoon BB next year March :wong9:

JenLee98

Me coughing for >3 weeks liao ..... sorethroat and blocked nose ..... also spread to DH, and 2 DDs :embarrassed:

leey

I suffered it too at last week but it is ok now.
Many people in the public vehicle or area have this too.