Does contraction pains feels the same as diarrhoea pains?

Alisa

I think I had something similar, because I was carrying quite low the bottom of my tummy often had stretched feelings.

Yep contractions are like braxton hicks, just more intense,
thanks. i will take note. actually i haven pack my delivery bag yet. hee...

ast0212

That's ok, you can probably start packing 4-6 weeks before edd :)
I remember packing 2 weeks before my edd, but I had a feeling bubs would be born a week early. True enough he came out exactly a week early!

cheryltong

For me, contraction pain is many times more than a normal period pain.. and when u reach the last stage when your cervix had stretched to 9-10cm, u will have a strong urge to push like when u need pass motion... That's how I feel personally... Mine started when my water bag broke during early morning.. so after that no discomfort until I'm on drip at the hospital..

piggie

That's ok, you can probably start packing 4-6 weeks before edd :)
I remember packing 2 weeks before my edd, but I had a feeling bubs would be born a week early. True enough he came out exactly a week early!
Lol.. Talk about packing of bags, i oso haven start to pack yet.. EDD is 10 sept. Now only starting to wash the baby's clothes..

Alisa

now im just on 31 weeks, not sure is it my imagination or what, i felt the braxton hicks more often le. ytd i never record so i only start to record when im in office. b4 12pm was like every 1 hr once. then hit 12pm, im having 8 times to now, 1.28pm... during those 8 times, all not pain wan only 1 i felt at 6am, that wan was painful. is it normal??

and tummy suddenly harden is consider braxton hicks?

Last edited:
For me, cos i always have bad mensus cramp, im kinda immune to it. My pain tolerance is always quite high compared to normal girls. I have the mindset of enjoying pain (sounds kinda sick), cos of my mild depression emo issue, pain sorta made me feel like im still alive..
Contractions was zero issue. I had them like every 30mins the day before i gave birth, by evening it was every 20mins. Was still walking around amk central the whole day cos i know its my last day walking around as a free woman. By night when going to bed was every 15mins. Gave up trying to sleep at 4am, msg my mum to come back earlier (was suppose to admit at 7am). Reach hospital was already every 10mins. Still bearable. Went into labour ward strap onto machine monitor contraction. All the way the nurse kept coming to chk dilation n ask if i need anything. Rmbed by the time the contractions was really intense i was like 8cm dilate. Then everything super fast. Felt like its the time n gynae say cannot push cos 9cm. That was when the pain abit over my limit n i use the laughing gas. Then all sudden gynae say push, tried pushing (with zero knowledge on breathing n pushing). Was already high from the laughing gas cos didnt follow nurse instructions anyhow breath n overdose. Haha!
The contractions really feels like mensus cramp. The womb part kana tighten. Giving birth like poopoo. Cos baby on the way out will press against yr rectum so will feel like wanna poo. At that moment was hell , but during the extreme pain cos felt like want shit cannot shit to the baby come out part is only like few mins. Amazing feeling!
Mummies should try to go natural wout epidural for at least once in their lifetime. If scare pain then mayb during second pregnancy cos second one is easier (i heard). Advise mummy to talk to yr gynae n get him to cut yr beloq if he feels its too small. Cut wound heals easier cos is straight line. Tear wound is zigzag line n hurts more n harder to heal.
Bearing pain part, i wld advise to relax. Self-hypnotise works for me, you all can try. Just keep telling yrself it is not pain you can do it. Its kinda controlling yr mind. you have to very focus on yr mind n tell yrself. To train on focusing the mind you can try to meditate during yr later stage. Dont b mistaken this has nth to do with religion. Though i learnt this from my 'religion study (selfstudy). Like christian mummy can go to church during a normal day where its not packed like sunday? Just sit there n let yr mind go blank focus on breathing, or focus on a particular prayer, anything keep yr mind focus n not wander. Buddhist mummies can on sutra n meditate at hm. Free thinker mummies can play those soothing music instead. =))
hope this helps!

Last edited:

piggie

Just now this afternoon i experienced a very slight menses cramp feeling together with a little backache... it was rather regular at abt 15mins interval... i tot, this is it! den skali... after an hour or so of regular cramps... it went away as suddenly as it came...

wa... I sian 1/2 already...:nah:

den it got me wondering... was that mild contractions or BH?:001_302::001_302:

anyone can pls enlighten this super blur mummy? haha... :shyxxx:

XenXuan

Real contractions will only get more n more intense,more pain n more frequent.if it stopped after a hour or two,its juz BH or baby super active.the real thing won't stop no matter what u do,hot shower or massage anything,wat position u r in,standing lying down walking sitting.it will only pain until tears roll down ur cheeks n u dunno it,body/tummy/legs tremble uncontrollable,menses cramp to the max.this can happen when u r 0-10cm dilated,depending on ur pain threshold level,before n after water bag broke.

piggie

:001_302: Thanks xen xuan~!

went for my routine check today.. baby oredi 3.4kg, water bag fluid still enough, did VE and I am not dilated yet.... well, its still a waiting game for me...

XenXuan

Jia you,keep a relax mind while waiting. As long as doc say everything is ok,it's alright to wait till actual edd.my girl had lesser water fluid at 4,4-6 might cause still birth n other problems,was admitted a day before actual edd to induce but good thing she is v healthy still.thank god she so healthy when birth n now.

piggie

Jia you,keep a relax mind while waiting. As long as doc say everything is ok,it's alright to wait till actual edd.my girl had lesser water fluid at 4,4-6 might cause still birth n other problems,was admitted a day before actual edd to induce but good thing she is very healthy still.thank god she so healthy when birth n now.
How you knw that your water bag level is at 4? Izzit you asked ur gynae and he told u the level? My gynae, Dr Tho, always use very layman terms when he telling me abt the progress of e baby, Eg, baby head is down( but i wanna knw if she's engAged??) water bag fluid is enuf ( how much exactly?? At wat level?)

Haiz.. Sometimes really makes me very fustrated... :(

At least ur gynae explains to u in detail..

crazmum

Hi Piggies,

Yes...its 100% like you want to "Pung sai"..I m just giv birth for my 3rd bb...honestly, this time I really can so so sure it really like u r having big pack of sai coming out..of course with the pain...

Anyway, the best way is to think positively the moment u r out from the delivery room... though hav been 2 times experience on the contraction pain plus reading, it wont help much...

All this will just put you more worry...B cool & try to be calm...I was in so so so pain due to having the induce, yet bb manage to be out.

Stay positively & Happy...longing to welcome you little bb is the best medicine for you to hold on till the end of the delivery process..

nattynat

How you knw that your water bag level is at 4? Izzit you asked ur gynae and he told u the level? My gynae, Dr Tho, always use very layman terms when he telling me abt the progress of e baby, Eg, baby head is down( but i wanna knw if she's engAged??) water bag fluid is enuf ( how much exactly?? At wat level?)

Haiz.. Sometimes really makes me very fustrated... :(

At least ur gynae explains to u in detail..
Yea... I wish the gynaes I visit will tell me more in detail too. He/she also only mentions that bab's head is down. I can only roughly gauge my baby's weight based on developmental charts. Haiz~

piggie

Well i suppose most gynaes dun wish to confuse us... So they use very simple terms when explaining to us. But its rather fustrating at times, esp for me, when i prefer to know more in details.. Haiz..

hotmilktea

Hi piggie

you must be feeling really excited every min now. wish u a smooth delivery!
and pls pls share your birth story to encourage the rest of us here :)
are you at week 38 or week 40 now ?

:001_302: Thanks xen xuan~!

went for my routine check today.. baby oredi 3.4kg, water bag fluid still enough, did VE and I am not dilated yet.... well, its still a waiting game for me...

piggie

Hi piggie

you must be feeling really excited every min now. wish u a smooth delivery!
and pls pls share your birth story to encourage the rest of us here :)
are you at week 38 or week 40 now ?
Thanks!! My EDD is 10 Sept... But until now nothing yet.. No regular contraction, no show no nothing.... Haiz.
Getting impatient leh... My colleagues all say 1st child likely to be early... But it doesnt seem e case for me.

Gg for weekly check coming monday. Hopefully got gd news.. Haha

hotmilktea

yah..now is the waiting time and exactly WHEN !!!???

but really leh, everyone also telling me 1st one will pop earlier, my friends and niece pop at 37,38 and 39 like that.

but anyway, await for your good news too!

Thanks!! My EDD is 10 Sept... But until now nothing yet.. No regular contraction, no show no nothing.... Haiz.
Getting impatient leh... My colleagues all say 1st child likely to be early... But it doesnt seem e case for me.

Gg for weekly check coming monday. Hopefully got gd news.. Haha

piggie

I think I just lost my mucus plug!!!

went to toilet just now, and after i wiped, found this thick whitish, yellowish long discharge... went to google a bit, and found out that it could be my cervical mucus... but my doc said, mucus discharge might be tinged with blood... >.<"

haha.. bored at home now, so just updating mummies here :shyxxx:

hotmilktea

hmm...so there will only be 1 mucus plug isnt ?
its better to use panty liner now , easier for you if there is show

I think I just lost my mucus plug!!!

went to toilet just now, and after i wiped, found this thick whitish, yellowish long discharge... went to google a bit, and found out that it could be my cervical mucus... but my doc said, mucus discharge might be tinged with blood... >.<"

haha.. bored at home now, so just updating mummies here :shyxxx:

piggie

just went for my weekly chk. baby weight did not increase over the past week, and I am having signs of high blood pressure and I lost 1kg.. my gynae advised me to go for induction and deliver the baby...

The original plan was to admit tonite... but I gt sudden cold feet.. haha. Managed to bargain for another few days and be admitted on Thurs nite, I am only 1.5cm dilated so far...

Sure hope things can move on its own so that I dont have to be induced....:embarrassed: