does jobless means can't pay for maintenance?

Hi there

did any of your ex been jobless and not paying for maintenance? or pay very little? like how little? care to share?

Also, as now is school holiday, he can tell me he wants to bring my kids out for the whole day (on a weekday when his usual visitation is on sat mornings...), can cite that because his brother's free can go so my kids can go out with his whole family?!!! I thought access is only concerning him as a dad? what has it got to do with other family members? did any of you encounter such stupid request? and by the way, he didnt 'ask me if possible', he just tell me he wants to do it. WTH? why should i right?

xiaodaisy

on maintenance part not very sure .. maybe u can check with lawyer

for bringing the kids out , if ur not happy abt it , u can anytime reject him since he oni entitle to see the kids once a wk.. if more den that , u have the choice to reject him rite ? =)

willows

Hi there

did any of your ex been jobless and not paying for maintenance? or pay very little? like how little? care to share?

Also, as now is school holiday, he can tell me he wants to bring my kids out for the whole day (on a weekday when his usual visitation is on sat mornings...), can cite that because his brother's free can go so my kids can go out with his whole family?!!! I thought access is only concerning him as a dad? what has it got to do with other family members? did any of you encounter such stupid request? and by the way, he didnt 'ask me if possible', he just tell me he wants to do it. WTH? why should i right?
Hi,

Can I know do you have court order for your ex visitation right? If yes, you can reject him. If no, then he still can bring your children out. But you need to give valid reason of you refuse him to bring your children out.

Btw, have you file for your divorce? If you are not happy with his visitation you can file for interim access.

hi willows

yes i'm in the process of filing D. At this moment it's once a week visitation. I'm actually ok for him (alone) to visit my kids since he's the dad, but dun give me crap that his bro is free and thus need to bring them out. cos i dun care about his family.... i only got court order for his maintenance which this month he didnt pay as he's jobless... do u think i should send him to jail? I cant accept it that just becos he's jobless and i should accept it quietly...

mag_huiling

Hi there

hi willows

yes i'm in the process of filing D. At this moment it's once a week visitation. I'm actually ok for him (alone) to visit my kids since he's the dad, but dun give me crap that his bro is free and thus need to bring them out. cos i dun care about his family.... i only got court order for his maintenance which this month he didnt pay as he's jobless... do u think i should send him to jail? I cant accept it that just becos he's jobless and i should accept it quietly...
As for maintenance part, YEs, he still have to pay even thou he is not working. You can choose to either file a complain saying he is not paying maintenance. But yet he also can file for a variation order to change the amount of maintenance he have to pay. You wouldn't be able to send him to jail, unless you have file for at least 3-4 times saying he did not pay. and for 1 mth only, then probably, give him more time, as in wait for few more mths. This will show that you're being kind to him, to give him a longer period to pay. And as for sending to jail matter, it's still up to the judge to decide, the judge can order him to continue paying, issue a court order find a job and to deduct from his salary, or even send him to do CWO. It varies, but still not up to complainant to decide.

thanks dear... can't believe we still have to suffer even after ending this disastrous marriage... such a chore! i'm only fighting on for my kids

mag_huiling

For me, he hasn't been paying right from the start, file alot of complains against him, but still no payment, so i just give up and lead a life of my own. And since I have decided to make a clean cut with him, and can support this child solely, why still have this "line" with him. Just because of money? I think it's not worth it. It will show how strong we women are and how useless these men are!

that fella wants to see my kids and i dun plan to deprive my kids of their dad so he HAS to find ways to earn and give $$ to feed the kids, it's simple logic and this fella is just taking his time?!! I'm not surprised and didn't feel anything, just feel pitiful for my kids, but i won't allow this to affect my kids. will strive on and make sure they both grow up well.