does loud sound/music affect??

MrsNeo

Hey mummies and mummies to be!!

I'm really worry about smth. :embarrassed:
Does loud sound affect our unborn baby?
eg. when you watch movie and those sudden loud effect..

veronica

When I was in the last trimester, I also had this worry cos I had gone to see many action movies. And you know in the cinema, the sound system is real loud and noisy type.

But ok leh..

Ah Cheng

Hi leey,

may i know why too loud sound not good for baby??

I just attended a Prenatal class recently.
Not to put the speaker on the tummy cos it will affect the baby hearing. Baby may be deaf cos the ear drums will be hurt by loud music.

So just play soothing, classical music to the baby through the normal speaker (like normal playing of music through the sound system/speaker). Not to put the speaker directly on the tummy cos it's too close to the baby, damaging the ear drums.

JTS.. when i was pregnant, i loves gg to d movies... on top of tat, d area where im stayed gt lots of aeroplanes flyin.. when my bb was born and home, he was only startled once by d 1st aeroplane noise... till date, he can sleep like a log even w tv on loud (though i tried nt too often to make it loud) n aeroplane noises.. my parents said its due to when i preggy w him, i kept hearin these loud sounds thus he nt afraid when out... oh well.. at least i noe his ears r ok! :tlaugh:

pokemon97

Not to put the speaker on the tummy cos it will affect the baby hearing. Baby may be deaf cos the ear drums will be hurt by loud music.

So just play soothing, classical music to the baby through the normal speaker (like normal playing of music through the sound system/speaker). Not to put the speaker directly on the tummy cos it's too close to the baby, damaging the ear drums.
i agree, i've ever heard about this too..

pildough

ya they say it's like someone putting a large speaker next to your ear and blaring it out. bb kicks when i'm driving and listening to 987, i was hoping that it just means she likes rihanna but i tune it down anyway then she also kicks alot when i go to the movies with the dolby sound surround, not sure if she's liking it or the vibrations and large sounds with explosives were too much for her.

i heard that babies in families with pets e.g. barking dogs get used to the sounds when they're born more readily than babies who have not been exposed. i have a church friend who exposes her kid to the loud charismatic sermons, worship bands and now her daughter sleeps through sunday service.

has anyone given much thought to the whole mozart effect?

shulyn

Hi, im currently in my 17th weeks and happen to come across this forum abt loud music affecting bb..i got a free ticket to F.I.R concert and kind of worry the loud blasting rock music will affect my bb...Pregnant women tends to worrk alot, anyone out there can give me advise??

saikid

Yaa... baby is sensitive to sound/ music...
There is a true incident happened to a family. When the mother is 7 months pregnant, suddenly she discovered that there the baby is not moving in the womb. Doctors tried their max to make the baby to move. Every efforts failed.
One day the miracle happened... The thing is when they start playing soft music, mother felt that the baby is moving. she continued to listen it. Then everything is fine afterwards. they have told to listen only soft music....

SH74

i went to jacky cheung concert when i'm in my last tri. bb kept kicking. dunno if he enjoys it or find it too loud. :p

i dont think loud music affects their ear drum? cos the babies are in the womb surrounded by amniotic fluid. just like when we submerge ourselves in the pool, we cant really hear the loud noise as sound dont travel well in water? but do check with ur gynae or pd.
But 1 occasion was i went to those action fighting movie, the car exploded so loudly and my baby actually gave me a strong kick! guess she was shocked then. :eek: