Does the shape of your tummy reveal the gender of your baby?

chjean

Some people say if your tummy is sharp, it's a boy; if round, it's a girl.
and if you find yourself with glowing or fairer skin, you have a girl.
or if you turn ugly, like having a big nose or bad skin, it's a boy.
how true is this? old wives' myths? Let's share :)

apollo

not true for me. my tummy was quite round and my complexion was better but i was having a boy. but my nose really looks abit bigger during preg. haha!

boredmtb

for me, bad skin...pimples around the jaw, tummy sharp and it's a boy...!!!! haiz... but bb coming soon, can't wait to see him

ZombieMum

I think for shape of tummy is quite true (to most people also)...sharp=boy; round=gal. I have both boy & gal, both pregnancies different shape...most people can tell the gender by looking at my tummy. When I carry my boy, skin is glowing & good complexion. No big/swollen nose though. When i carry my gal, skin is normal (as like before pregnancy) and also no big/swollen nose as well. Some will have pimple breakout and some turn from bad to good. This depends on individual...

chjean

thanks for sharing! looks like the saying is true to a certain extent. i'll just have to see what shape mine results in, in a few months' time!

didy

my tummy is sharp.. nicer hair, complexion also slightly better (my friend told me i'm glowing).. i'm carrying a boy :)

Amulet

my tummy was big n round but i started having bad complexion n bigger nose.. turns out i'm having a girl.. :001_302:

shopaholic

My tummy was rounder for my 1st one and yes, it's a girl. For my 2nd, my tummy was much sharper. In fact, most who saw me guessed it must be a boy, but it's a girl. So I hv concluded that the shape of tummy is not telling the gender, at least not for me! I only trust the ultrasound! :p

Alisa

i have sharp tummy, bad acne... having a boy. but some look at my tummy and say mine is round... ya im in 22 weeks. how to know if my tummy is too low or not? i do have low laying placenta so not sure is this the caused?