Does ur mthly AF discharge haf those "lump lump/jelly jelly" thing?

lawla12

Understand from gynae tat those "lump lump/jelly jelly" type of substance evytime when our AF comes r actually leftovers discharge of previous AF cycle tat was not flow out of our body properly.

She mentioned that normal AF shd not haf much of those substance n the blood colour shd b fresh red instead of brownish red.

For me (PCOS type), for each AF, i will sure haf some "lump lump/jelly jelly" type of substance. The blood is oso brownish red at the beginning, then after tat, it will b fresh red. But sometimes towards the end, the blood is brownish red too.

Very curious if u all experience the same thing as me since all of us r trying so hard to get preggie. Does it mean having those systoms per above = hard to get preggie (means we got problem)?

jasobias

Understand from gynae that those "lump lump/jelly jelly" type of substance everytime when our AF comes are actually leftovers discharge of previous AF cycle that was not flow out of our body properly.

She mentioned that normal AF should not have much of those substance n the blood colour should b fresh red instead of brownish red.

For me (PCOS type), for each AF, i will sure have some "lump lump/jelly jelly" type of substance. The blood is also brownish red at the beginning, then after that, it will b fresh red. But sometimes towards the end, the blood is brownish red too.

Very curious if you all experience the same thing as me since all of us are trying so hard to get preggie. Does it mean having those systoms per above = hard to get preggie (means we got problem)?
Hi i always had the same kind of periods tht u mentioned with lots of lumps n stuff.The drs then did mention tht i cld have problems conceiving but tht wasnt true.I got pregnant 1-2 months after trying with all my 3 kids.So dont worry too much abt it.Now after birth i still get tht same kind of period flow.

autumn82

Understand from gynae that those "lump lump/jelly jelly" type of substance everytime when our AF comes are actually leftovers discharge of previous AF cycle that was not flow out of our body properly.

She mentioned that normal AF should not have much of those substance n the blood colour should b fresh red instead of brownish red.

For me (PCOS type), for each AF, i will sure have some "lump lump/jelly jelly" type of substance. The blood is also brownish red at the beginning, then after that, it will b fresh red. But sometimes towards the end, the blood is brownish red too.

Very curious if you all experience the same thing as me since all of us are trying so hard to get preggie. Does it mean having those systoms per above = hard to get preggie (means we got problem)?
I also experience lumps of blood clots during my menses since teens, just that it gets lesser as I grow older. Now I still get dark red blood clots during my mense but it is definitely lesser than during my teens.

For me, 1st-2nd day is from dark to bright red then 3rd day onwards is dark brownish red oredi.. I tot it is normal?!

diymummy

Hi Lawla,

I used to have those lumpy things during my AF. When I went for checkup when I TTC, my gynae also said AF not supposed to have those lumpy things.

So he did a scan for me and found cysts. I underwent an op to remove them and my gynae further told me that due to the clots that one of my tubes was blocked that's why hard to conceive.

He wanted to put me on medication, a series of 4 injections to stop my menses so that the clots will clear out. I didn't do it. My hubby said still got one tube is ok, so we just try for another 6 mths then in the end I conceive.

The condition is called endometriosis. Another symptom of it is painful sex and painful cramps during menses.

shiseru

I also experience lumps of blood clots during my menses since teens, just that it gets lesser as I grow older. Now I still get dark red blood clots during my mense but it is definitely lesser than during my teens.

For me, 1st-2nd day is from dark to bright red then 3rd day onwards is dark brownish red oredi.. I thought it is normal?!
Yeah me too, i experienced this when I was a teenager, but it gets lesser and seeing almost none as i grow older.

For me, 1st and 2nd day bright red, subsequently brownish red/spotting.

lawla12

Hi i always had the same kind of periods tht you mentioned with lots of lumps n stuff.The drs then did mention tht i cld have problems conceiving but tht wasnt true.I got pregnant 1-2 months after trying with all my 3 kids.So dont worry too much about it.Now after birth i still get tht same kind of period flow.
OOh...good good news....:tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

For me, 1st-2nd day is from dark to bright red then 3rd day onwards is dark brownish red oredi.. I thought it is normal?!

ya ya...when i was younger (LOL!!!!), its more....but now OLD OLD liaooo, the lumps oso not so much liaoooo......

Hi Lawla,

I used to have those lumpy things during my AF. When I went for checkup when I trying to concieve, my gynae also said AF not supposed to have those lumpy things.

So he did a scan for me and found cysts. I underwent an op to remove them and my gynae further told me that due to the clots that one of my tubes was blocked that's why hard to conceive.

He wanted to put me on medication, a series of 4 injections to stop my menses so that the clots will clear out. I didn't do it. My hubby said still got one tube is ok, so we just try for another 6 mths then in the end I conceive.

The condition is called endometriosis. Another symptom of it is painful sex and painful cramps during menses.

ya ya ya, the gynae oso told me tat i got cysts lehhh.....but i din clear it cos gynae say its ok.......so i din go for ops to clean it........

after reading all ur comments, so its normal to haf abit of the lumps yaaaa.....scare me :wong31::wong31::wong31:

diymummy

Actually clear it is good.. for your health sake also :)

Also if don't clear and if you do conceive, the cysts might affect growth of baby if the cysts are in the womb. Coz cysts are growth mahh.. So will fight with space with baby.

me also encounter the same thing. so i went to see gyane! she suggest me to remove it cuz my cyst is rather big. 5cm..so i just hav my ops last month. this month menses came also have a bit of lumpy thingy...i was thinking hw come aft the ops still hav the lumpy thing again?

diymummy

Hi winnie gal, me after op also got lumpy lumpy things... after another few more mths no more.. It will slowly disappear. That was for my case la. That time my cyst was 3cm.

lawla12

me also encounter the same thing. so i went to see gyane! she suggest me to remove it cuz my cyst is rather big. 5cm..so i just hav my ops last month. this month menses came also have a bit of lumpy thingy...i was thinking hw come after the ops still hav the lumpy thing again?

how much did u pay for the ops? where did u do it?

understand tat the cyst will NOT disappear deee...it will only grow bigger dee rite????

does it mean tat the cyst cause those lumps in our AF discharge?

Last edited:

CanCanMum

yup same~~~mee tooo

before pregnancy was not so much of those jellies

after pregnancy its more.....normally it gets discharged on the 2nd day.

1st day always liquid.

26JMC

the lump/jelly type is something like blood tissue or liver kind right????

i got those something like liver or kidney kind at times. if not, just blot clots.
usually is for 1st 3 days of the each cycle and i also have alot of bloods flowing out too.

sometimes i got the feeling that the lumpy stuff came out from my vaginal. hehe..anyone got that 'feeling'??

very hard to describe, hope u all know what am i toking about. :)

CanCanMum

yup yup

it feels like it comes out~~like something gushing out....and i will normally stand very still when it does~~:p (scared stained my pants whahhahahha) soli abit gross~~~:p

so next time u all meet me and see me like dunno dreaming or wad = when this is happening~~~~:p

cyndear

hi winnie,

i am also interested to know about the ops too.

mind sharing the charges and other details?

thanks

lawla12

the lump/jelly type is something like blood tissue or liver kind right????

i got those something like liver or kidney kind at times. if not, just blot clots.
usually is for 1st 3 days of the each cycle and i also have alot of bloods flowing out too.

sometimes i got the feeling that the lumpy stuff came out from my vaginal. hehe..anyone got that 'feeling'??

very hard to describe, hope you all know what am i talking about. :)
yup yup

it feels like it comes out~~like something gushing out....and i will normally stand very still when it does~~:p (scared stained my pants whahhahahha) soli abit gross~~~:p

so next time you all meet me and see me like dont know dreaming or what = when this is happening~~~~:p

yes yes yes...smtimes u will haf those feelings deeee....i will go toilet n check if there's any leak...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! abit paranoid, but better play safe.....usually i will wear those 30cm deee, protect front to back....:001_302::001_302:

but can say 50% of the time, u can feel alot gushing out when u pee, do u all feel the same??????????????????

CanCanMum

yes yes yes...smtimes you will have those feelings deeee....i will go toilet n check if there's any leak...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! abit paranoid, but better play safe.....usually i will wear those 30cm deee, protect front to back....:001_302::001_302:

but can say 50% of the time, you can feel alot gushing out when you pee, do you all feel the same??????????????????
YESH~~~~~~

sometimes its ALOT~~~scary~~~~

but normally only on 2nd day (now my AF lasts only 3-4 days nia, last time is 7 days)

lawla12

YESH~~~~~~

sometimes its ALOT~~~scary~~~~

but normally only on 2nd day (now my AF lasts only 3-4 days nia, last time is 7 days)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! ya ya ya....smtimes the toilet bowl, all red red deeeeee.....

yaa lohhh, when i grow older, my AF like shorter n lesser flow.....

CanCanMum

LOL!!!!!!!!!!! ya ya ya....smtimes the toilet bowl, all red red deeeeee.....

yaa lohhh, when i grow older, my AF like shorter n lesser flow.....
yaaaa scary~~~sometimes wil drip to floor oso~~~muz be careful when stand up or muz aim properly to drip into the bowl wahahhaha`~~~:18::18::18::18::18:

diymummy

For all asking abt the op to remove cysts, it depends where you're doing it, that would determine costs.

I did mine at GlenE. Charged abt $6k+ for day surgery + half day ward. I managed to claim half from insurance. So I paid $3k plus.

snowbear

lawla dearie, I also had those clots during AF. Like many others here, I also had more of those when I was younger. Anyway, I also only tried for 2mths then got Alicia. So I dun think it's a problem...