Double Bay @ Simei

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
Wifey was in the mood yesterday, so we went to look see look see ...

All of the 1-bedders (~600 sq ft) & most of the 2-bedders (~900 sq ft) were all snapped up ... predictably by small-time investors who is banking on the expected hustle & bustle from the 4th university popping up in the midst of Changi Buisness Park.

The remaining 3-bedders (~1300 sq ft) & 4-bedders (~1500 sq ft) were rather disappointing:
1) rooms were so small, the showflats actually "cheat" by inserting the mattresses into the bay windows but in reality, you can't do that
2) master-bedroom is such that the bed faces the entrance to the bathroom ... even if rotated 90deg, the bed will face a window ... wonder where & how to place my LCD TV in the master-bedroom
3) finishing of these bigger units were of a more classical theme, compared to the smaller units ... as if only the older folks have the money to buy the bigger units

Anyways, their average price was $650 psf ... meaning the 4-bedders were all in excess of $1m.

If anything, their penthouses did leave a lasting impression on me ... with a built-up area of 2982 sq ft (their smallest penthouse), split into:
1) a lower level of 1 gigantic master-bedroom with a walk-in wardrobe of reasonable size & an attached bathroom, 1 bedroom with an attached bahroom & 2 other bedrooms with common bathroom, plus a roof terrace (as big as the master-bedroom itself) leading out from the living area
2) an upper level of a roof terrace (half as big as the master-bedroom itself) with a big jacuzzi ... plus a most panoramic view in all of Simei

However, in excess of $1.75m for a 99 year project?
No wonder they were willing to give me another 2% discount (that's more than $35k) just like that ... plus they are willing to get the developer to alter all finishing to my liking.
:rofl: :rofl:

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
Oh yes, some other stats ...
Project has total of 646 units broken down into:

1 bedders ... 20 units ... 538-635 sq ft
2 bedders ... 121 units ... 926-936 sq ft (1335 sq ft on #01)
2 bedders + study ... 65 units ... 1001 sq ft (1647-1765 sq ft on #01)
3 bedders ... 224 units ... 1259-1324 sq ft (1658-2077 sq ft on #01)
3 bedders + study ... 140 units ... 1367-1378 sq ft (1830-2142 sq ft on #01)
4 bedders ... 62 units ... 1550-1561 sq ft (2379 sq ft on #01)
Duplex (maisonette) ... 4 units ... only available on #01 (3606-3703 sq ft on #01)
Penthouse ... 10 units ... 2982-3488 sq ft

From the number of units, you can roughly estimate what amount you need to contribute towards sinking fund & maintenance.

As for the bigger areas for ground floor units, it's becoz you get a patio ... but the bad news is this patio is only accessible through your kitchen service area, which means you may well be in the midst of an outdoor wine & cheese party when your neighbours' wet clothes start dripping on you for extra ambience.
:rofl: :rofl:

edy

Administrator
Staff member
1.75M for a 99 years project is terrible ...

I wonder what are those developers thinking but i am sure there are people willing to pay for that.

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
Admin-Ed said:
1.75M for a 99 years project is terrible ...

I wonder what are those developers thinking but i am sure there are people willing to pay for that.
My fear exactly ... despite the so-called global economic slow-down, I know of so many young working couples with the cash waiting to plunge in, becoz everybody else tells them this is the best time to buy liow!!
:beek: :beek:

edy

Administrator
Staff member
I am really curious how those young singaporean couple make their bucks nowadays ...

amylqf

I like the location, but don't quite like their ceremic white flooring. i.e. you really have to work hard or hire a maid to make sure no single drop of hair on the floor.
Also no choice for their color of the wardrobe. Realised that is modern color nowadays, but I feel that is is old and dull.

Stan

Aiyo young Singaporean couples.....

you won't die from NOT STAYING IN A CONDO!!!
No leh... i think they will really die staying in normal HDB lor...
hv a colleague who said: not enough $$, borrow from bank and stretch the loan to max lah!! If still not enough, take from parents! blah...

Ottermum

No leh... i think they will really die staying in normal HDB lor...
hv a colleague who said: not enough $$, borrow from bank and stretch the loan to max lah!! If still not enough, take from parents! blah...
I don't think your colleague could even afford a HDB...

if my DS asks me for $$$ i'll tell him 'no $$$ go stay in HDB!!!'

as if they'd invite their parents to stay with them meh...??

Stan

Duno leh... but after he bot his expensive condo.. now everyday eat roti during lunch... say he trying to weight wor....

VroomVroomBoys

Alpha Male
Stan said:
Duno leh... but after he bot his expensive condo.. now everyday eat roti during lunch... say he trying to weight wor....
Hahaha ... just reminded me of another friend whom I visited some years back.
They bought a terrace house in Seletar for about $1.2m ... but the entire house was very bare, with very old furnitures sparsely filling up the big big space of that house.
I told my wifey I'd rather live in a smaller place but with state-of-the-art deco & furnishings ... which is my palace.
:biggrin: :biggrin:

Ottermum

Maybe you should remind him that he needs to pay maintenance fees EVEN after he's retired...

tell him to be prepared to eat roti for the rest of his life la...

sorry la i 'sour grapes' ma...:001_302:

Ottermum

oh by the way me n DH went to a friend's condo for a gathering last year...

got a shock man...they paid $500K plus to $600K for a 3 bedrooms, on the 3rd floor apartment @ Serangoon, paid almost $100K for renovation!!

the bedrooms are exactly what VVB's mentioned...very small kind only the Master bedroom can make it the other 2 actually look like storerooms to me...

n the wife's complaining that every month the $$$ she paid still doesn't cover the principle amount...only paying the interest!!

when we left i asked DH is this the kind of life we want??

isn't it more comfortable to settle for a reasonably good HDB flat, pay less than $500 a month n you'd probably still able to go for a holiday once a year?

n also have spare cash for emergency uses??

edy

Administrator
Staff member
500k to 600K for a 3 bedders condo is pretty good price ... how many psf?

is that a 99 years, 999 or Freehold?

I have seen some smaller projects around serangoon area like Acarcias (the build up area is not to my liking ... 1572 psf and super small living room)

Stan

Maybe you should remind him that he needs to pay maintenance fees EVEN after he's retired...

tell him to be prepared to eat roti for the rest of his life la...

sorry la i 'sour grapes' ma...:001_302:
HAHAHA, may i also lor... everytime got team dinner outing, he also say no money to eat... aiyo...like that shiok meh?

Stan

oh by the way me n DH went to a friend's condo for a gathering last year...

got a shock man...they paid $500K plus to $600K for a 3 bedrooms, on the 3rd floor apartment @ Serangoon, paid almost $100K for renovation!!

the bedrooms are exactly what VVB's mentioned...very small kind only the Master bedroom can make it the other 2 actually look like storerooms to me...

n the wife's complaining that every month the $$$ she paid still doesn't cover the principle amount...only paying the interest!!

when we left i asked DH is this the kind of life we want??

isn't it more comfortable to settle for a reasonably good HDB flat, pay less than $500 a month n you'd probably still able to go for a holiday once a year?

n also have spare cash for emergency uses??
100k for reno?? They install gold "ma tong"? :eek:

Ottermum

Ed- Sorry i didn't ask them how many psf n whether it's freehold or 99 yrs one...btw the place is SUN GLADE or something like that...can't remember liao...

Stan- nope no gold toilet bowl...i also dunno why so ex????
but the place's really VERY nicely done la...oh ya the living room's small too!! DEFINITELY smaller than a HDB 4 room's living room...

actually 100k for reno is very possible, depending on the grade of materials.
IE. Marble floorings (best grade).
I have friends who leave everything to ID and insist on the best, their reno also set them back by 100k +/-

Ottermum,
500-600k for 3bedrooms is quite reasonable, how big is the place???