dr benjamin tham wai lum

angeluv

Hi mummies, is dr Tham v friendly & approachable kinda person? I'm looking for a gynae that is patient in his consultation not the short & rushed type. Is he v experienced? How is his waiting time like? Tks!

Tiggee

Hi mummies, is dr Tham v friendly & approachable kinda person? I'm looking for a gynae that is patient in his consultation not the short & rushed type. Is he v experienced? How is his waiting time like? Tks!
Yups, he's friendly, he may even joke with you. :) His consultation doesn't feel rushed and he will ans all your qns.
Unless he has emergency delivery, his waiting time shldnt be more than 30min.

Mdm Khoo

Yes he is nice... he love to joke with ya... i just delivered my #1 and is painless... he will not rush you at all very detail... he will not try to chase you away type... if he feels you need more explaination he will sit there and explain to you... unless you does not have any Qs for him... waiting time for me for Sat shortest is 15mins - 30min the longest when he have emergency delivery is 45min - 1 hour...

durianfan

Yes he is nice... he love to joke with ya... i just delivered my #1 and is painless... he will not rush you at all very detail... he will not try to chase you away type... if he feels you need more explaination he will sit there and explain to you... unless you does not have any Qs for him... waiting time for me for Sat shortest is 15mins - 30min the longest when he have emergency delivery is 45min - 1 hour...
Hi Mdm Khoo,

May I know if you delivered via c-section or natural ? Would you mind to share with me the breakdown of his bill via PM ? I will be delivering end Nov. Thanks.

durianfan

Yes, like what the other mummies have shared.. Dr Tham is assuring and approachable. He makes every consultation relaxing and should you need to find out more info, he will explain to you in details. Feel free to ask him any questions and he will answer and not brush you off.

Mdm Khoo

Hi Mdm Khoo,

May I know if you delivered via c-section or natural ? Would you mind to share with me the breakdown of his bill via PM ? I will be delivering end Nov. Thanks.
Natural W/O Epi... (2days 1 night) ~ 2 bedder

Accommodation S$387
Baby Care S$50
Labour Ward S$430
Drugs S$614
Medical Supplies S$275
Medical Lab Fee S$217
Procedure S$629
Use of Equipment S$295
Facility S$30

Total Hosp Charges: S$2927.60
Less FBI / SBI -S$80
GST S$199.37
Total Hosp Charges + GST S$3046.97

Breakdown Professional Fee
Dr Tham Wai Lun Benjamin (medisave) S$700
Dr Tham Wai Lun Benjamin (Non-medisave) S$691

Dr Lam Catherine (Non-medisave) S$200 (Baby PD from Gleneagles)

Total Professional Fee S$1591.00

Grand Total: S$4637.97

~~ Medisave And Medishield Deduction ~~
Hosp Charges -S$1400
Professional Fee -S$700

Cash payable S$1357.95

amyyeo

Hi all,

can i check usually how long does each visit takes? Does Dr Tham give you lots of advise and inform you on baby's progress or he is that kind of 5mins doctor? meaning u go in, perform routine checks, everything ok and u will be out within 5 mins

Hi all,

can i check usually how long does each visit takes? Does Dr Tham give you lots of advise and inform you on baby's progress or he is that kind of 5mins doctor? meaning u go in, perform routine checks, everything ok and u will be out within 5 mins
Dr Tham does not rush... definitely not the 5 mins doctor. He's patient and will ask you how you are doing.
E.g. I do chat with him about my work. Will ask about my constipation issue. some times he will caution me to watch my diet when weight gain is a bit too fast. he will also give you time to ask questions and explain to you certain things. Like he gave me baby aspirin some time ago due to bilateral uterine notching. he will do the ultrasound scan and tell you how baby is doing such as baby's weight and the different parts of baby's body.

alex0519

For those going to see Dr Benjamin, do bring along a thumb drive for his nurse to save the scan photos in it. Only 1 print out will be provided. For our 1st scan, 3 photos were saved in the thumb drive. ;)

luvjoanne

felicity, yes he does deliver at Mt A though he prefers TMC.

i miss visiting him, and miss counting down to the appt dates haha.

Mdm Khoo

From the package delivery in hosp other then TMC have a charge of $300 that is the fee for the gynae.

I just delivered last year Jul not sure this year changed already anot

Felicity best is to called up the clinic / email dr tham pte email ask for the package pricing

felicity

thank u luvjoanne and Mdm Khoo!

i went to TMC today for my appt but didn't get to see Dr Tham after my oscar test as he was away for emergency surgery. =/ the sister there told me that we are discouraged to get the docs deliver outside of TMC due to difficulty to reach in emergency cases and quote that current case where doc can go straight up to perform surgery without any delay. however my hubby and myself thinking to switch to Mt A or KK due to convenient (parking, traffic, etc) =/ if we switch, will miss Dr Tham!

whomovedmycheese

I think it would be better to deliver where the gynae's office is, for this case, TMC. Dr Tham was always there when I needed him during my whole delivery process. But from my understanding, TMC will be quite full this year coz many popular gynaes don't want to deliver at Mt A. Just my two cents worth.