Dr Chan Kon Hon - Gleneagles

jojoki

Hi! I'm also considering Dr Chan Kon Hon.. heard he is superb in his stitching skills. Can anyone share your experience with Dr Chan? THanks a million!

Hi! I'm also considering Dr Chan Kon Hon.. heard he is superb in his stitching skills. Can anyone share your experience with Dr Chan? THanks a million!

Hi jojoki

i have a few friends under him, i think he is not bad, but heard very pro in c-sect instead of natural.

veronica

He is good but then very expensive.

Normal pregnancy consultation (before signing up the package) is around $160 per visit as he has 3D machine.

jojoki

hi thanks for the feedback! i just called his clinic and they werent able to give me a clear picture of the charges. Just said that charges on consultation depends on length of time. I was told the charges are like between 200-300!!! It is REALLY expensive!!!

badtzzz

do they hve antenatal package after 12 wks? im visiting geneagles but another female gynae instead..

veronica

They have but I m not sure of the charges.

I switched gynae that time because I had been paying $160 on every visit when I could pay around $100 if I see other gynae.

The waiting time is long too.

badtzzz

oh...i heard he's quite gd so probably tot of switching to him when gg for the second one and see if comfortable with male gynae..so u r no longer visiting this gynae ah?

briskcross

Dr Chan uses the 3D (or is it 4D??) machine everytime. He's a good doctor and believes in using the best equipment, that's why the high charges. I've always seen him only on weekdays and as much as possible for first appt so I don't have to wait. He told me himself Saturdays are VERY busy so he usually doesn't get to chat much with patients. On weekdays he's very nice, and the nurses/assts. in his clinic too. What I like is that the employees seem to be very pro-Dr Chan too, says good things about him.

veronica

oh...i heard he's quite gd so probably tot of switching to him when gg for the second one and see if comfortable with male gynae..so u r no longer visiting this gynae ah?
He is quite popular but I cant afford his fee lor. I only saw him for 2 times and I switched.

badtzzz

oic...anyone noes how much is his antenatal package? or doc delivery charges? btw, which lvl is he located?

Zjik

Re: Dr Chan Kong Hon - Gleneagles

Dr Chan is at #03-15. He'd just delivered my baby in July 08. Thumbs up for his scanning & stitching skills. He has a great team working with him. I opted for epidural & didn't feel any pain during & after delivery. A bit exp but worth it coz he is v confident & reassuring throughout. Will definitely return to him again.

jojoki

Zjik, how much was ur total delivery bill at GE? i was told his consultation cost 200-300

jojoki

i din i just called to ask about his rates and then to top that of, i was told being a foreigner will cost even more..

Zjik

Hi Jojoki
I paid $6310.50 for normal delivery with epidural, incl gynae & pd fees for single room. Claimed $1800 fr medisave so cash payment was about $4500. The initial consultation was about $260 package only starts around 16 weeks, if I recall correctly.

estherching

I am seeing Dr KH Chan, I would say he is superb comparing to those of my friend's gynae. For normal consultation before signing package is about $160 plus around. After which the package is about $880 which includes scanning (think is 4D), vitamin pills and consultation. This time round is my 2nd child. Comparing with my friends, my stiches doesn't hurt but my friends hurts after the pain killer,,,,,,,:Dancing_wub:

estherching

Hi jojoki

i have a few friends under him, i think he is not bad, but heard very pro in c-sect instead of natural.
I would cmment that he is also good in natural birth, my son weight 4.2kg when delivered natural. I like his service as he is always confident in all questions asked, he don't give uncertain answer.

jojoki

thats one of the reason why I had wanted to change gynae intially because i felt mine was a bit blur blur type. Like he doesnt take initiative to tell me things.. unless i asked. If i was ignorant n dun know what to ask then I would be totally lost on things like epidural, induction, episiotomy... etc but i guess its too late to change now as i've signe antenatal pacakge liao!

briskcross

I wouldn't say Dr Chan is that chatty but when we asked questions he always had logical answers. I had epidural c-section and throughout the thing he was chatting to my hubby about a hobby. His nurses brought in speakers for him to play music during the procedure. Before we knew it he was done and baby was in my arms. :) He worked with a very good anaesthetist (did I spell this right?), so there was no pain, no backpain afterwards as well.