Dr Chen Lin Han - Chong Pang

loveDec

Will like to koe is his ultrasound scan machine n etc new n good?? Cuz some clinic might still
B using old one
Its new but he still has a old one on standby in case the new one broke down, he still has the old one as back up =) it happened to me once during my last check up. his new machine broke down and he was using his old machine so everything have to manually done and old machine cant provide the ultrasound pic but but but he promise he will give it to me on my next visit which is in 1 week time =)

he was kinda sad when his new machine broke down cos everything have to be manually done but he is still very professional :001_302:

Missyting85

loveDec, oic thankz alot for ur info!! can share wif mi hows was your 1st visit wif dr chen?? did he gave u folic acid?? how much is the 1st visit charges??

Sunny Girl

I just drop by the clinic today. 1st visit about $130 cos include one scan. Subsequent visit abt $90. Only cash payment there they dun accept nets or cc. The package only starts from wk 12

Missyting85

I just drop by the clinic today. 1st visit about $130 cos include one scan. Subsequent visit abt $90. Only cash payment there they dun accept nets or cc. The package only starts from wk 12
oic!!! thankz for ur info!! but tat day i call the nurse told mi is abt $110? btw does it include urine test

loveDec

Missyting85

my 1st visit was $135 which include consultation $60, ultrascan $50, folic acid $5 and duphaston (an tai yao) $20. nope i didnt do any urine test for my 1st visit. 2nd visit was 2 weeks later and it cost $124 which include consultation and ultrascan $80, folic acid $5 and duphaston $39. after 2nd visit, it was all scheduled at 1 month interval appt. 3rd visit onwards, i took up the package at $650 and also did my oscar test cos it's my 12 weeks le. now patiently waiting for my 4th appt next week. so exciting, hopefully can know the gender =)

Missyting85

Missyting85

my 1st visit was $135 which include consultation $60, ultrascan $50, folic acid $5 and duphaston (an tai yao) $20. nope i didnt do any urine test for my 1st visit. 2nd visit was 2 weeks later and it cost $124 which include consultation and ultrascan $80, folic acid $5 and duphaston $39. after 2nd visit, it was all scheduled at 1 month interval appt. 3rd visit onwards, i took up the package at $650 and also did my oscar test cos it's my 12 weeks le. now patiently waiting for my 4th appt next week. so exciting, hopefully can know the gender =)
yeapie!! today i juz went to see dr chen!! 1st visit same as u!! $135 and haf to see him another 2week time!! update mi u 4th appt!! hee

Sunny Girl

I just went to see Dr Chen yesterday. Did a scan & was given Duphaston (no folic acid) but my bill is $149. How come mine is more expensive? Didnt ask for the breakdown though.. Anyway the nurse gave us the list on the package & you can get it from the nurse.

loveDec

btw, wad is oscar test? izzit included in the package?? can share with mi wad the package thing included??
I can't rem exactly way is included in the package. But off hand I can rem are the urine test, consultation, ultra scan, multi vitamins. That's all I can rem so far. As for Oscar scan, it's not included inside the package n will be done at week 12. The test is to test for baby's down syndrome.

Went for my appt this morning already. Everything is good n I saw sth in between the legs n dr Chen said it's 80% boy :) next appt will be end of this month. When is ur next appt??

loveDec

I just went to see Dr Chen yesterday. Did a scan & was given Duphaston (no folic acid) but my bill is $149. How come mine is more expensive? Didnt ask for the breakdown though.. Anyway the nurse gave us the list on the package & you can get it from the nurse.
How come no folic acid. I thought first 3 months must take folic acid for baby's brain n spine development?? Did u ask y he nvgive folic?? Were u issued receipt?? The breakdown can be gotten from the receipt :)

Sunny Girl

Oh I still have the folic acid from the clinic when I did my urine test. So din get from him. My receipt is only the total cost n no breakdown

joeychew

loveDec,
So sorry for the late reply... my girl draining my time out totally.. Wow congrats ure having a boy!! Exciting right? Every visit to gynae sure brings a smile to u :)

JocelynYL

Hi all,
I'm with Dr Chen also.. now in my 31 weeks.. every day i have sleepless nite.. :( may I know whether can get Mc from Dr chen to rest at home for a day?

Sunny Girl

Hi Jocelyn,
I have the same problem as you. Now in my 13th week but has been having trouble sleeping for the past week & will wake up very early like 4am everyday. I have not tried getting MC from him before but think you can try. If not can get from any clinic. think they will give to expecting mum. Cheaper than see Dr Chen for MC too.

JocelynYL

Hi Jocelyn,
I have the same problem as you. Now in my 13th week but has been having trouble sleeping for the past week & will wake up very early like 4am everyday. I have not tried getting MC from him before but think you can try. If not can get from any clinic. think they will give to expecting mum. Cheaper than see Dr Chen for MC too.
I asked dr Chen before.. He seldom give mc unless necessary ...
He gave me some medicine to improve my sleeping..:)

summertime

I asked dr Chen before.. He seldom give mc unless necessary ...
He gave me some medicine to improve my sleeping..:)
i'm seeing him currently also... i think it quite diffcult to get MC from him, even the friend recommd him to me has the same feedback... Max. i manage to get one time 2 day MC from him only , other than that it only 1 day MC due to the check up dat is fix on wkday morning... so maybe you can try see him wkday morning so at least get 1day Mc to rest.. =D

lavendarbluez

Dear all,

For those who have yet to be with Dr. Chen, I would not advise you to choose him. The evening nurse was not PROFESSIONAL AT ALL. My sister had lost her baby recently and the whole process when things happen, the clinic nurse display unprofessionalism and not only that, we just felt weird casue the previous birth of my nephew, all along Dr. say everything was ok and go ahead with natural birth. However on the actual day, they realise the cord was around my nephew neck TWICE.

And now my sister lost her baby although the doctor claim it was unexpected, but to us, there should have signs shown when my sister visited him just few days back. There shouldn't be any reason why things happen ....

JocelynYL

Dear all,

For those who have yet to be with Dr. Chen, I would not advise you to choose him. The evening nurse was not PROFESSIONAL AT ALL. My sister had lost her baby recently and the whole process when things happen, the clinic nurse display unprofessionalism and not only that, we just felt weird casue the previous birth of my nephew, all along Dr. say everything was ok and go ahead with natural birth. However on the actual day, they realise the cord was around my nephew neck TWICE.

And now my sister lost her baby although the doctor claim it was unexpected, but to us, there should have signs shown when my sister visited him just few days back. There shouldn't be any reason why things happen ....
Hi lavendarbluez,
I feel sorry about ur sister.. the evening nurses are no manners... that's why i switch to morning to see doctor. morning nurses are very helpful.
I remember that time when i was in contraction, I called to ask the nurse. The nurse asked me to go hospital directly. After that, when i was on my way to hospital, she called me again to check how's my condition, I told her that i'm on my way, so she said she'll contact Mt A for my admission..
overall i feel doctor chen is quite patient. I asked a lot of question yet he'll have patient to answer all my questions.

loveDec

I'm so sorry to hear that. I agreed the nurses on evening shift were not very friendly.. I only went to the clinic for my checkup once in the evening n thereafter, I always made my appt in the morning le. The morning nurses are helpful, friendly n more sociable..

Sunny Girl

I go for my checkups in the evening & i think the nurses are fine, at least they are not rude. I think Dr Chen is very reassuring and patient.

When i went to A&E on my 20th week due to bleeding, DR Chen reached the hospital just slightly after i arrived. And he came back to check on me twice that day (a Sunday) & once every morning till i was discharged on National Day.