Dr Chen Lin Han - Chong Pang

Jenni

Hi,

I would like to know more abt Dr Chen charges, as my gynea package increase from $1K to $1.2K, my hubby feel it very ex... Might wan to change gynea... Need to know abt his package and include what? How much is the hospital bill in Mt A for normal delivery, any one can advise?

Dilys

Hi,

I would like to know more abt Dr Chen charges, as my gynea package increase from $1K to $1.2K, my hubby feel it very ex... Might wan to change gynea... Need to know abt his package and include what? How much is the hospital bill in Mt A for normal delivery, any one can advise?
Hi jenni,

Dr chen"s package is 650 include supplements. Oscar, detail scan not included

melbaby

I'm now seeing Dr. Chen too, very patient & friendly gynae, always smiling. This year onwards there are no more evening sessions, and they have started to accept payment thru nets, so no need to purposely withdraw cash. Meanwhile i can also easily get MC during weekday appt.

Dilys

I'm now seeing Dr. Chen too, very patient & friendly gynae, always smiling. This year onwards there are no more evening sessions, and they have started to accept payment thru nets, so no need to purposely withdraw cash. Meanwhile i can also easily get MC during weekday appt.
Haha.. Dr Chen is smiley ( his signature- smile without seeing the eyes) haha... Which trimester r u now ?? Ya this year no evening appt Liao guess he too busy... Mc so far as long as u ask him he will give u ba!!

melbaby

Haha.. Dr Chen is smiley ( his signature- smile without seeing the eyes) haha... Which trimester r u now ?? Ya this year no evening appt Liao guess he too busy... Mc so far as long as u ask him he will give u ba!!
Hi Dilys,

I'm in my 2nd semester now, been with Dr. Chen since I first discovered I'm pregnant. So far find him very pleasant to visit. Ya, he like to smile until cannot see eye one :D There's a lot of people even on the weekdays. But the wait is bearable and still got place to sit and wait, so not that bad :)

Last edited:

Sunny Girl

Our first child was delivered by Dr Chen. Really no complains about him..Very good n patient doctor....

I feel that his charges are very reasonable.....On the day of discharge, when my hubby went to settle the bill the staff at the business office mentioned to him that this doctor charges very very reasonable. She was saying some other doctors are charging abt 3 times more for normal delivery. FYI mine is assisted delivery (Vacuum)

melbaby

To those who experienced elective C-sec with Dr. Chen, may I know how does he schedule the c-sec? Is it he'll give certain dates and time for us to choose from? Is it normally in early morning?

Janellebb

Hi, im 1st time mummy. 4th month pregnant, but doesnt have a stable gynae. Dr chen is at yishun chong pang one? He got any package? Compare with dr lawrance ang at sunplaza which is better?

Dilys

Hi, im 1st time mummy. 4th month pregnant, but doesnt have a stable gynae. Dr chen is at yishun chong pang one? He got any package? Compare with dr lawrance ang at sunplaza which is better?
Hi,

Yes dr Chen do have a package about $700+ I think for this year 2012. The package include vitamins. But other tests like Oscar,detail scan, blood test are excluded. Actually is hard to compare between gynaes. I am a patient of dr Chen. It's really depends on what type of gynae you are looking for ?? More on a reasonable rate on packages (daily visits/delivery) or a friendly gynae.

Personally I think Dr Chen is a very good gynae... Very friendly,fatherly & always smiling. He is a 100% detailed gynae very professional and assurance. You should try visiting either gynae yourself to make decision. Every mummies have different opinion of different gynaes... I believe that u should get a gynae whom u feel comfortable which is more important as he will be the one who is delivering your baby.

Btw... Oh what happened to u.. How come u r already 4 months & without a stable gynae ??

Janellebb

Hi,

Yes dr Chen do have a package about $700+ I think for this year 2012. The package include vitamins. But other tests like Oscar,detail scan, blood test are excluded. Actually is hard to compare between gynaes. I am a patient of dr Chen. It's really depends on what type of gynae you are looking for ?? More on a reasonable rate on packages (daily visits/delivery) or a friendly gynae.

Personally I think Dr Chen is a very good gynae... Very friendly,fatherly & always smiling. He is a 100% detailed gynae very professional and assurance. You should try visiting either gynae yourself to make decision. Every mummies have different opinion of different gynaes... I believe that u should get a gynae whom u feel comfortable which is more important as he will be the one who is delivering your baby.

Btw... Oh what happened to u.. How come u r already 4 months & without a stable gynae ??
Thanks.. Long story, when i first knew im pregnant, i went to dr lawrance ang at sun plaza.. My husband friends recommended us there.. I find him not very comfortable, he talk very fast. And told us about his packages. We considered, then in the 2nd month.. My mum recommended me the chong pang dr ang.. Not dr chen lin han. She was not a gynae.. But my mum told me that when she pregnant she go see her and etc.. So i went there for 2nd and 3rd month.. I find her not very good cause she's not a gynae la.. And she also asked me to better look for a gyae cause she's not one but i feel very comfortable with her.

But i heard from a lot people say dr lawrance ang very good and etc.. Maybe im going to him on this 22nd again cause my husband suggest.

Dilys

Thanks.. Long story, when i first knew im pregnant, i went to dr lawrance ang at sun plaza.. My husband friends recommended us there.. I find him not very comfortable, he talk very fast. And told us about his packages. We considered, then in the 2nd month.. My mum recommended me the chong pang dr ang.. Not dr chen lin han. She was not a gynae.. But my mum told me that when she pregnant she go see her and etc.. So i went there for 2nd and 3rd month.. I find her not very good cause she's not a gynae la.. And she also asked me to better look for a gyae cause she's not one but i feel very comfortable with her.

But i heard from a lot people say dr lawrance ang very good and etc.. Maybe im going to him on this 22nd again cause my husband suggest.
Hi,

Oh you are very confused it choosing a gynae after hearing what u mentioned. You already visited Dr Lawrance Ang @ Sun Plaza, you already feel not comfortable with this gynae.. why do you still want to go back to him (*stratched head) ... Hmm.. your mum recommended the Doc who is not a gynae.. u shouldn't be visiting this doc at all actually.. cos' she can't even help u.. u r preggie.. u need a gynae.

Hmm...Then now you mention you decided to go back to Dr Lawrance Ang... Personally I think if you feel uncomfortable with him .. just by going back to him again just becos' alot people said he is good...I don't think you will be comfortable at all. How good is good?? Hmmm... you are the one who is going tru labour not your hubby ... so you should be the one comfortable to your gynae.

By not getting a gynae that you are comfortable with, may cause stress during your labour or tru out preggie.

Janellebb

Hi,

Oh you are very confused it choosing a gynae after hearing what u mentioned. You already visited Dr Lawrance Ang @ Sun Plaza, you already feel not comfortable with this gynae.. why do you still want to go back to him (*stratched head) ... Hmm.. your mum recommended the Doc who is not a gynae.. u shouldn't be visiting this doc at all actually.. cos' she can't even help u.. u r preggie.. u need a gynae.

Hmm...Then now you mention you decided to go back to Dr Lawrance Ang... Personally I think if you feel uncomfortable with him .. just by going back to him again just becos' alot people said he is good...I don't think you will be comfortable at all. How good is good?? Hmmm... you are the one who is going tru labour not your hubby ... so you should be the one comfortable to your gynae.

By not getting a gynae that you are comfortable with, may cause stress during your labour or tru out preggie.
Hmm.. I think its ok cause me and my hubby got finance issue.. So maybe go back to dr lawrance ang lo. Bo bian..

Dilys

I not very clear about his packages, i think is cheaper than $700.. Thats why so many people go to him bah? And i think is thomson, not Kandang Kerbau Hospital.
Hi

Then you must check properly what is his package like, cos' usually package doesnt include other tests like oscars, glucose test,swap test, detailed scan etc.

Gynae Delivery charges you need to check also. Oh he delivered at Thomson. Hmm.. It wouldn't be any cheaper. As hospital stay @ TMC is also quite x.

Personally I would advice you to get a gynae that you are comfortable.. to go tru your rest of your pregnancy & labour with.. then someone you already mention you are not comfortable.

Your gynae is charging less than $700 (package) most probably its not inclusive of vitamins or copy of scan everytime appt. So all these u got to check.. if without all these .. it's consider quite not worth it also...

Last edited:

climsp

hi jenellebb,
actually if u on budget. Dr chen will be better. like today i went to see him on my problem, he nvr charge me on extra consultation fee. cos in package he provide, any extra visit will be charge, but so far for the last 2 extra visit he onli charge me on medi and tests. thomson is actually more ex then mount A also.

but for ur case already 4mths. u can count how many visit u need then decide whether is it worth it to take package. from 20week to 30 week is like maybe 2 to 3 visit, 30week plus will be once every 2 week, which will be ard 3 to 4 visits or more. so u go count which consultation visit w/ scan is how much, b4 sign the package.

for dr chen, u can always call clinic 6757 2323 to ask abt the package price.

agreed w/ dilys, get a gynae that you are comfortable. u r the one who going throu the labour, not ur friend or hubby.

take care

Dilys

hi jenellebb,
actually if u on budget. Dr chen will be better. like today i went to see him on my problem, he nvr charge me on extra consultation fee. cos in package he provide, any extra visit will be charge, but so far for the last 2 extra visit he onli charge me on medi and tests. thomson is actually more ex then mount A also.

but for ur case already 4mths. u can count how many visit u need then decide whether is it worth it to take package. from 20week to 30 week is like maybe 2 to 3 visit, 30week plus will be once every 2 week, which will be ard 3 to 4 visits or more. so u go count which consultation visit w/ scan is how much, b4 sign the package.

for dr chen, u can always call clinic 6757 2323 to ask abt the package price.

agreed w/ dilys, get a gynae that you are comfortable. u r the one who going throu the labour, not ur friend or hubby.

take care
Totally agree w climsp! Dr Chen"s service & charges 100% reasonable. You will rest assured that u will be in his safe hands.

My Fren"s bb delivered by Dr Chen in year 2010 recommended me. He helps her along till delivery, unfortunately her bb was breech so she got to c-sect. Her stitch was properly sewn up.. After 2 weeks she can go ahead with her post natal massage. Her wound no infection @ all.

Btw, Dr Chen is a pro natural delivery gynae. He will encourage u to have natural delivery.. But no choice if you need c-sect he will do a Gd job too!

So far my hubby & I respect Dr Chen alot.. He helps me alot tru my preggie.. :)

So pls take all these things into consideration when r u choosing a gynae! U have to know more informations before u choose one!

joeychew

hi jenellebb,

My baby was delivered by dr chen last year.. He really did an excellent job and really very assurance too! At first i was thinking if i should sign his package, but i just go with my feelings and i really feel comfortable with him. Dr chen encourage natural delivery. I remembered, during my last push, i was distressed and dr chen was the one giving me all the moral support n strength to carry on... he told me i will see my bb in 25 seconds... and indeed my bb was out. All the checkups, scans, delivery,stitches were smooth n really good. I must say his stitches are very well done, i dont feel a thing after i delivered.
Now, im still seeing him for my yearly checkups and may still need his help to do a surgery on the fibroid that i developed.
Wish u all the best and have a smooth delivery! Most importantly, be happy that ure a new mom! :)

climsp

i havent told him abt my birth plan. anyway watever is it, i always feel safe w/ Dr chen

oh dr chen clinic now onli open
mon to sat - 830am to 12noon
mon, wed, fri - 2pm to 5pm

Last edited: