Dr Chen Lin Han - Chong Pang

limjm

Dr Chen is definitely pro natural delivery. My wife had a c sect in NUH for our first child. I am proud to announce that she had a successful VBAC this month in Mt Alvernia under Dr Chen's care. :Dancing_tongue: According to his clinic staff, ours is the second successful VBAC this month.

maisykhoo

I'm looking for a gynae in the north. Both Dr Chen Lin Han and Dr Lawrence Ang received good comments in this forum. For charges (I know charges are not everything:)) Dr Chen's is 650+1250 for package + normal delivery including hospital visits, and Dr Ang's is 550+1600 for the same. Is this info I got through phone correct? Appears Dr Chen is cheaper:)

Stawberry

Hi all mummy here,

can anyone share with me whether is it worth to take package under dr chen?the package price is $700 include consultation fee,standard test,scanning and vitamins.normally how many visit from week 12 onwards?
Understand from nurse that fish oil is not included in the package and need to pay?Read from earlier forum saying that it's free.is it different charges apply on patient?Thanks.

climsp

Hi all mummy here,

can anyone share with me whether is it worth to take package under dr chen?the package price is $700 include consultation fee,standard test,scanning and vitamins.normally how many visit from week 12 onwards?
Understand from nurse that fish oil is not included in the package and need to pay?Read from earlier forum saying that it's free.is it different charges apply on patient?Thanks.
The package last year is $650. Not include fish oil. The package is once a mth checkup to 28 or 30 week then once every 2 week, when reach 34 week will be every week once. Package dun include test or detail scan Oscar scan. Overall after I compare. Dr Chen package is still cheaper. He is more detail in anw all ur qns n worry also. U will get free 3d scan during detail scan also.

Been w/ him since I got cyst. He help me to have my baby also, after we try ourselves for 1 yr after the cyst.

B3b3

Hi all,

His package $700 is consider cheaper than other gynae? But his package starts only at 12wk/16wk right? Then for the first 12wk need to pay by per consulation and after taking the package, will they deduct some amt or charge the same 700? TIA

limjm

Hi B3b3, Dr Chen's package is not the cheapest, but is cheaper than most that we enquire. More importantly, he offers tips on overcoming pregnancy problems without our asking. My wife and I were pleasantly surprised when he taught us simple dietary tricks to overcome vomiting in early pregnancy. Our gynae from first pregnancy, and another gynae we consulted earlier (who charges cheaper, but doesn't talk unless spoken to) only offers medicine when my wife mentioned the vomiting. It seemed that the other doctors were just interested in selling medicine. Overall, we feel that Dr Chen's charges represent good value.

Also, we find his nurses more approachable than other clinics. I heard Dr Chen reminding his nurse to follow up with us on vomiting, and his nurse punctually called my wife 2 days later to enquire. I guess the attitude of the boss is reflected in the behavior of the staff.

His package starts at 12 weeks, not 16 weeks. He does not deduct charges incurred before the 12 week. We also paid for the fish oil. As far as I know, none of the clinics that we asked include fish oil in the package. I hope you find this info useful.

B3b3

Thanks Limjm! The info is v helpful indeed especially for 1st time mom :)

So usually ard how many week do we need to visit gynae? 5wk, 6wk?

climsp

Like to ask regard gynea fee on natural or csection fee! Those who already give birth mind anw me on this. Thks!

B4 give birth, all of us sure have pay $500 in cash at the clinic. I had csection. On the price list stated for csection is $1600 ( tat e old price list) why on the hospital charge i still have to pay $1300?? Not 1100? It is like the paying $1800 for csection not $1600 tat stated on the price list!

Last edited:

melbaby

Dr Chen had js delivered my baby and I must say throughout these months he's been a caring, encouraging and amazing gynae. As 1st time mum i tend to ask many questions, probably even silly ones, he'll js smilingly answer. But if its serious he'll quickly take action and don't take risk. This is probably cos he had many years experience in KKH pregnancy mortality ward before, so know what to look out for. Due to my heart problem history I went thru c-sec, but the surgery was fast and smooth, and I was able to actively walk by next morning. Furthermore my surface wound healed very fast, and after removing the plaster a week later, it's just very thin line, not even obvious. Must really compliment his skill :) No regrets at all.

Angpq

I had just delivered my first baby gal a week ago under Dr Chen. I was going thru induction labour first but not successful, end up emergency change to c section. Dr Chen is very patient and is a very experience doctor. I got to know him thru my mother. My mother was her patient too. He helped my mum to deliver my youngest sister 19 years ago in kk hospital. During the operation period, he is fast and his skill on stitches are really good. No pain at all, I am able to get down bed on the next day. I can even don't eat pain killer. I will still look for him for my next baby.

Stawberry

Hi mummies,
Is there extra charges eg midnight or public holiday charges under Dr Chen?anyone can share the hospital bill for natural birth with epidural and c-sec?
Thanks

B3b3

hi all,

is it Doc Chen consultation fee has increased? my first visit was charged $90 with additional $60 for the scan

Angpq

Hi mummies,
Is there extra charges eg midnight or public holiday charges under Dr Chen?anyone can share the hospital bill for natural birth with epidural and c-sec?
Thanks
Hi,

What dr Chen's fees for normal delivery is $950, c section is $1800. There are some additional charge from the hospital and other doctors too.

Angpq

hi all,

is it Doc Chen consultation fee has increased? my first visit was charged $90 with additional $60 for the scan
Hi,

I couldnt remember the price for the first few visit. I only remember the package is $700.

cheryl81

hi all,

i went to see dr chen today, urgent case. if not i will go see my gynae. 1st visit is $80+$60 (u/s)+$45dupashton.
but i feel he is quite detail in explaining everything without we ask him anything. not bad.

Stawberry

Hi,

What dr Chen's fees for normal delivery is $950, c section is $1800. There are some additional charge from the hospital and other doctors too.
Hi Mummies,

For c-sec,if u choose special time for feng shui purpose,u will be charge additional $600-$1200 depends on timing u choose.U may wish to check with them first.

lumjl

Hi, I'm not a mommy, Im a potential daddy here to learn for m wife's pregnancy since I'm a more internet-guy than my wife.
she was about 8 months pregnant, first baby for us, 32 yrs old.
encounter this forum while googling...

I live in chong pang and find that most of the people here are having a good impression on Dr Chen.

I can't seem to find the opening hours to his clinic. i walked there a few times (forgot the exact date and time) but it always closed.
Is the clinic still in business? I can't seem to find anything about the opening hours or something?

any help will be appreciated... thanks...