Dr CK Tho from The London Clinic & Surgery for Woman

Qian1984

Me with him too nw 2nd bb due in mid june gg to deliver at mt A. He encourages natural birth and is v meticulous. It was a painlesz experience for my 1st bb esp im one who is v v afraid of pain.

bobviolet

Me with him too now 2nd baby due in mid june gg to deliver at mt A. He encourages natural birth and is very meticulous. It was a painlesz experience for my 1st baby esp im one who is very very afraid of pain.
Hi Qian1984, why did you choose to go Mount A? have you heard of any reviews about thomson medical center? Oh really, did you go for epidural for your first pregnancy and how long did you go into labour?

Qian1984

My first bb w mt a, the staff v caring so gd experience. Thomson becos of the mixed up and heard many c sects there so I didn't go. I'm a scaredy cat, dr tho knows tt so he had me on epi right after breaking my water bag cos I had to go induce at 41 wks.

Chk in midnight to insert an inducement pill, next day burst my water bag then put me on epi, if count from water bag burst shld be 8am++ to 4pm+ total abt 7 or 8 hrs

zero pain, only half paralyzed cos I was on epi can't feel anything at all. But side effect is u will shiver wor..

Kenying3112

Dear Fellow Mummies,

My wife is approx 6weeks.

Went to KK for 1st check and after subsidise it around $80.
But as we are staying in the west, I suggest her to go to Dr Tho and she went down today.
As per inform by some mummies post in this thread, it will be first come first serve even you make a appt.
But for Dr Tho, we paid $200plus for the first check.

We are also told that the blood test for "Down Sydrome" cost around $400.

Any mummies here know, can we do out regular check with Dr Tho and do the Down Sydrome check at KK?
And is it a must, or is it recommanded?

Thank in advance for mummies advise.
kennychiahowkng@hotmail.com

Qian1984

Kenny, u can have ur wife checked with dr tho all the way till delivery. If i rem correctly, he actually offered 2 types of similar test for Down Syndrome, one in his clinic (less accurate) and the other in hospital (higher percentage of accuracy). To us, we have no such family history plus since its approx 85% accurate, I went with dr tho so all the way till due. Down Syndrome is recommended. Not compulsory. I heard there are people who dun even bother abt the monthly checks and all the way till delivery.

Dear Fellow Mummies,

My wife is approx 6weeks.

Went to KK for 1st check and after subsidise it around $80.
But as we are staying in the west, I suggest her to go to Dr Tho and she went down today.
As per inform by some mummies post in this thread, it will be first come first serve even you make a appt.
But for Dr Tho, we paid $200plus for the first check.

We are also told that the blood test for "Down Sydrome" cost around $400.

Any mummies here know, can we do out regular check with Dr Tho and do the Down Sydrome check at KK?
And is it a must, or is it recommanded?

Thank in advance for mummies advise.
kennychiahowkng@hotmail.com

Kenying3112

Hihi Thanx for your advise.

Can u remember and share how much you pay per visit?
Need to get ready, as it seem scary to go Private.. Charges seem high.
HAHAHAH...

Kenny, u can have ur wife checked with dr tho all the way till delivery. If i rem correctly, he actually offered 2 types of similar test for Down Syndrome, one in his clinic (less accurate) and the other in hospital (higher percentage of accuracy). To us, we have no such family history plus since its approx 85% accurate, I went with dr tho so all the way till due. Down Syndrome is recommended. Not compulsory. I heard there are people who dun even bother abt the monthly checks and all the way till delivery.

Kenying3112

Can u remember and share how much you pay per visit?
HAHAHAH...

Qian1984

I can't quite rem cos it's like more than 3 yrs go. Dr Tho ain't that expensive kinda private not to worry.

Can you remember and share how much you pay per visit?
HAHAHAH...