Dr Don Wong-The gynaelink

hapimint

Hi Ladies,

Have you ladies used him before? How is the experience? He has two clinics, one at Mt E and another at Admiralty, I think.

I just need to know as I have some questions so thought of finding him as he is near my place. Please contribute if you have any information.

rains

Hi Hapimint,

I went to him before once at the Admiralty clinic. Just found out I was preggie with home test kit, so went to see him for confirmation. Overall ok, quite a friendly person. he couldnt locate my fetus during scan, then told me to down 1.5l of water before going back to him again. Didnt go back to him coz find his charges abit ex at tat point of time and also quite difficult to make appointment leh. he dont have his own nurse. the ones at the counter belong to the GP clinic, so he was "lending" others' staff..

Frenchkitty

Hi Hapimint,
my baby boy was delivered by Dr Don!
Some mums from another forum recommended him to me and at that time I was staying in Woodlands so I went to see him.

I find him patient, friendly and very nice.
Sometimes I would call his emergency number to ask him questions about my braxton hicks etc and he never got impatient.

I will go back to him again if I have a num 2 :)

hapimint

Hi Frenchkitty and rains, thanks for the information. Will discuss with my hubby then maybe visit him to ask something.

BTW, any other ladies have experience with this doc?

Frenchkitty, which forum recommend him? Maybe I can go visit the forum and read more about him first?

Hi , any mummy with this Dr. Don currently ? and how's the service ?
Was thinking want to change gynae as will shift to Woodland soon.

Anyone seen Dr Don recently? Just got a BFP and have made appointment to confirm at the Gynae Link tomorrow morning.
How much is his consultation charges?

Hahaha didn't realise this thread is still active, and the last post was mine when I wanted to confirm my pregnancy.
Yess..me...Dr Don Wong was my gynae and I delivered my baby girl last December. I find him quite patient, and he'll answer all my queries during visits, altho sometimes I feel that I'm asking quite silly questions hahah. He's quite easy-going also, and will crack jokes sometimes. Will go back to him when I have my no.2 few yrs from now :)

flyingboy365

which hospital

Hi, which hospital can Dr. Don Wong deliver in? How much is the consultation package? Include supplements?

Last edited:
Re: which hospital

Dr Don delivers in Mt Alvernia mainly. He can also deliver in Thomson but need to top up $200 to the delivery fees. I took the pre-natal package frm him last year it was $650, including calcium and iron supplements. And of course ultrasound scans and urine tests at every visit.

Hi, which hospital can Dr. Don Wong deliver in? How much is the consultation package? Include supplements?

flyingboy365

Hi pink2purple, Thanks for the info! The prenatal package sounds ok, not expensive.
We had our first baby delivered by Dr. Ang in TMC. now my wife is just 5 weeks in pregnancy. Thinking to change to another gynae as Dr. Ang seems very rush every visit. How do you think about Dr. Don Wong? Would you recommend him?

From this forum, it seems mount alvernia is also a good hospital, with reasonable price and good service!

pink2purple:803142 said:
Dr Don delivers in Mt Alvernia mainly. He can also deliver in Thomson but need to top up $200 to the delivery fees. I took the pre-natal package frm him last year it was $650, including calcium and iron supplements. And of course ultrasound scans and urine tests at every visit.

Haha i went to Dr Ang also before I got pregnant...coz i was having some spotting episodes in between my period. Ya, i find that he is always in a rush and not very gentle in doing the pelvic ultrasound pfft!

I prefer Dr Don Wong definitely, he's very patient and sometimes he'll joke with me and hubby during our visits also. Mt A is a good choice...well, i have not been to Thomson, but hearing from my friends who have been to both...they all vote for Mt A too. Maybe go for the maternity tour to see which hospital you prefer?

Hi pink2purple, Thanks for the info! The prenatal package sounds ok, not expensive.
We had our first baby delivered by Dr. Ang in TMC. now my wife is just 5 weeks in pregnancy. Thinking to change to another gynae as Dr. Ang seems very rush every visit. How do you think about Dr. Don Wong? Would you recommend him?

From this forum, it seems mount alvernia is also a good hospital, with reasonable price and good service!

pink2purple:803142 said:

Rukia

Hi mummies,

Anyone had C-Section under Dr Don Wong? Is he good in C-Section?

By the way, how is is his delivery fees for C-Section? I called up the clinic to inquire but the nurses sounded very unsure, and they quoted me $5,200 just for C-Section alone. Is his delivery fee really so ex?

Sakun

hi,

Dr Don was my gyane back in 2011 when i delivered.
Not sure about c-sect but my normal cost me about 2k plus if i'm wrong back in 2011.

You can always make an appoinment with Dr Don and check with him on his charges and all that as he will explain it to you.
The nurses outside usually dont know much.