Dr Geraldine Tan(Thomson women clinic-katong) recent hospital bill at TMC?

yen

Hi mummies,

Anyone seeing Dr Geraldine Tan(Thomson women clinic-katong) recently? I will like to know how's her hospital bill like be it, natural, assisted delivery(w/wo epi) or emergency c-section etc.

gini

According the price list it's
normal $800
Assisted $1200
C-section $1800
emergency c-section $2k-2.2k

Hope this helps :)

sillydolphin

According the price list it's
normal $800
Assisted $1200
C-section $1800
emergency c-section $2k-2.2k

Hope this helps :)

Yes i just called, this is the pricing i got. First consultation will be $60-$80.
scan $50.

BTW, any comments about Dr Geraldine Tan?

yen

Yes i just called, this is the pricing i got. First consultation will be $60-$80.
scan $50.

BTW, any comments about Dr Geraldine Tan?
Hi,

Im seeing her for my 2nd pregnancy... So far so good, no complains. She's quite a gentle, caring and patience gynae to me. As in, she's not in a rush to finish seeing you within 5-10mins. She do scanning slowly each time for me, she do chat with me as well. Overall, im quite satisfied with her.

26JMC

she is my gynae during my 1st pregnancy. quite caring and very patient. i am having some 'problem' now. cos i am tested positive again after my so call 'mense' is over. hope she can give me some hope when i visit her again next week:)

yah! she will try to explain what she see on the scan and will answer accordingly. so always feel more knowledgeable after each visit. her assistant also v caring too! :)

i hope one day i will have a successful pregnancy and delivered by her.

the 'off' side is that her clinic is very far :(

mangobees

She delivered my LO in this year thru assisted normal delivery. I'm quite comfortable with her and she doesn't rush thru the consultations. :)

junebug86

She delivered my LO in this year thru assisted normal delivery. I'm quite comfortable with her and she doesn't rush thru the consultations. :)
Hi mangobees,

congrats on your new baby :) How was the whole delivery process like if you dont mind to share? Im in my 36th week and starting to get excited and nervous at the same time.

mangobees

Thanks...oohh i was induced and it was practically painless because i had epidural. Lol! Dr Geraldine Tan is quite practical...if your pain threshold is low she would suggest getting an epi because when u become tense you take longer time to dilate.

For me, i didn't cut the epi dose at all so i wasn't able to push my baby out. But she did suggest reducing the dose so that you feel abit of pressure (but not pain) to push the baby out. But on actual day i told the nurses no. Haha.

Anyway the nurses will kickstart the whole process even before gynae come because i heard they won't wait. They come, deliver, sew and leave. Lol!

For mine, i started pushing 30 mins before she came and after awhile she already suggested using vacuum cos it was taking too long. I had episiotomy and naturally i didn't even feel cos of the epidural. But it healed after a week so it wasn't that bad. Don't worry, you're in safe hands under her. :)

junebug86

Wow that's nice, during my last appt she asked me what form of pain relief will I be taking and I was quite surprised that she's ok with epi as some gynaes (esp those pro natural ones) will not encourage epi. She also told me, if my pain threshold is low, laughing gas and the thigh injection will be practically useless lol.

I am more worried about the pain from episiotomy that's why I wanted to take epi haha..

mangobees

Lol i was afraid of any form of pain at all! Yes, she's a no-nonsense gynae so i'm quite comfortable with her style :)

You gonna deliver at tmc?

junebug86

But so it was considered an assisted delivery for your case?

I will be delivering at Mount Alvernia. Liked the environment there better :)

mangobees

Yup...vacuum assisted.

Oohh i didn't check mt alvernia out but heard parking is equally troublesome as tmc? Must enjoy the moment before your bb arrives!

junebug86

Yup parking is also a hassle there..just praying that when its time for me to admit there won't be too many cars lol.

I am feeling excited to meet baby but at the same time starting to feel that I will miss the pregnancy times...so contradicting...lol

It's me

Hi we are looking for IUI with Dr. Geraldine Tan of TMC. She has been quite good as a regular gynae but not many reviews online regarding IUI. Please let me know your reviews regarding IUI with her