Dr Lawrence Ang from Thomson Women's Clinic @ Sunplaza

Doc ang was strongly recommended by my sister in law...now my wife is also one of his patient...Very informative and straight forward one..Anyway,my wife already 6 weeks 5 days..

lisa_ng

Ok, just went for checkup with dr. ang a few days back and did check with him again about the costs. He said his delivery charges are not so ex ($1500) like what his receptionist told me earlier, perhaps closer to $1000 or so. But everything's like in a package form, so anyway, after medisave deductions, if it's a normal delivery and I delivery at TMC, will expect to fork out about $300. Which is still quite acceptable to me.

Baby's stay and checkups I think can also be deducted from our medisave seperately right?

My goodness, epidural so ex... I will try to do without it but dunno can tahan or not. I didn't tahan for my first one... >.<

So far 2 appointments with Dr. Ang only but find him very friendly and easy to talk to. I'm very fat and he still treat me normally not like some doctors will talk a bit condescendingly type. :)
i remember topping some cash for baby stay and checks after deducting from medisave.

Will anyone who just delivered by doc ang at TMC that be able to tell me those cost i expecting to pay for my wife who is due in dec...so confusing with some saying must pay up to 1k+++ to 3k++...

Pls help

qristeele

Hi Daddy,

I guess it depends on which room you take up at TMC, whether it is a natural delivery or C-sect and whether epidural was taken. That's why the cost varies greatly.

chelle

Lawerence Ang is a very good gyne. I like that he is fast and to the point when talking but still make you assured.
I just gave birth last week at Thomson Medical Center, 4 bedded (auto upgrade to 2 bedded), natural delivery without epidural but with vaccum, 2 days stay, net cash pay less than $400.

Lawerence Ang very nice, he still take the time to review my bill and informed me NET cash needed before he discharged me!

Last edited:

Amulet

Lawerence Ang is a very good gyne. I like that he is fast and to the point when talking but still make you assured.
I just gave birth last week at Thomson Medical Center, 4 bedded (auto upgrade to 2 bedded), natural delivery without epidural but with vaccum, 2 days stay, net cash pay less than $400.

Lawerence Ang very nice, he still take the time to review my bill and informed me NET cash needed before he discharged me!
yeah.. and his c-sec skill VERY good although he is a pro-natural birth OB.. i had a c-sec by him, whn the nurse remove my catheter the 2nd day, im already walking by myself liao..

Amulet

hmm mine still painful from c sect by him, bt can walk by myself. is cleaning of the wound pain??
for me, no pain at all.. i juz go to him, lay down, he take off the stitch in a second, no pain.. he quickly ask my mum to see that its juz a thin pencil line and put on a new bandage for me already.. ask me to take it off myself after 1 week..

MomoMummy

for me, no pain at all.. i just go to him, lay down, he take off the stitch in a second, no pain.. he quickly ask my mum to see that its just a thin pencil line and put on a new bandage for me already.. ask me to take it off myself after 1 week..

woo thank u Amulet mummy... shit he will take off the stitch?? aarhhh i think i eat 2 painkiller first... hope my wound will be like yrs no pain... :err:

MizfitMumma

yes dear.. i gave birth already.. on 09/06/09 at Thomson Medical Center hmm will repost my experience on My Big Day later.
Congrats Momomummy. Remember U did mentioned that you are had an appt wif Dr Ang on one Mon in the morning? I was at his clinic at TMC too. Saw a pregnant lady, tot it was you. She came wif her hubby. She's wearing specs. Was dat you?? I have given birth too. On dat day itself(the Mon), Dr Ang check if I have dilated. I was already 2cm dilated. I was admitted on that day itself but managed to do last minute shopping before admitting myself. hahaha.. Contraction damn painful...

MomoMummy

Congrats Momomummy. Remember you did mentioned that you are had an appt with Dr Ang on one Mon in the morning? I was at his clinic at Thomson Medical Center too. Saw a pregnant lady, thought it was you. She came with her hubby. She's wearing specs. Was dat you?? I have given birth too. On dat day itself(the Mon), Dr Ang check if I have dilated. I was already 2cm dilated. I was admitted on that day itself but managed to do last minute shopping before admitting myself. hahaha.. Contraction damn painful...

hmm no le i dun wear specks. i also seeing around maybe is there any mummies who are in this forum.. haha

yah i 1-2cm dilated also have to put in tablet and at last c sect. waste the procedure of the pain of induce. but nvm... its over. least gone through it felt im stronger going thru the pain. hee :Dancing_wub:

BabyZenZen

I am week number 35 now... This is my second baby... First child also visit and delivered by Dr. Ang... My EDD is 25 Oct... He estimated I will deliver early... Nurse also told me that 2 Oct will be my last visit... I wonder why this time he only see me once a month when about to due? Not twice a month or weekly basic when about to due mey? I remember when carry first baby he see me alternate week when about to due... Also, I got my admission letter during the last visit on 7 sep... Then I received a letter from TMC stated that he booked 4 bedded room for me... I kiasu and ask hubby to call him and ask whether this time got auto free upgrade from 4 bedded to 2 bedded or not... He replied depends on availability wor... my gosh...

Last edited:

babymoon

I am week number 35 now... This is my second baby... First child also visit and delivered by Dr. Ang... My EDD is 25 Oct... He estimated I will deliver early... Nurse also told me that 2 Oct will be my last visit... I wonder why this time he only see me once a month when about to due? Not twice a month or weekly basic when about to due mey? I remember when carry first baby he see me alternate week when about to due... Also, I got my admission letter during the last visit on 7 sep... Then I received a letter from Thomson Medical Center stated that he booked 4 bedded room for me... I kiasu and ask hubby to call him and ask whether this time got auto free upgrade from 4 bedded to 2 bedded or not... He replied depends on availability ... my gosh...

Hey Hey.. I also same situation with you!!!
My EDD 13 Oct and I actually expect Dr Ang to see me every 2 or 3 weeks like my first pregnancy, but same as you, he only see me once a month.. Tomolo going to see him and dunno got early delivery or not..

BabyZenZen

Hey Hey.. I also same situation with you!!!
My EDD 13 Oct and I actually expect Dr Ang to see me every 2 or 3 weeks like my first pregnancy, but same as you, he only see me once a month.. Tomolo going to see him and dont know got early delivery or not..
hey hey babymoon... please tell me your result after you see him... thanks ya... good luck to you...:Dancing_wub: