Dr Lawrence Ang from Thomson Women's Clinic @ Sunplaza

A good gynae will always be busy...so can only 1 month 1 time. Consider okay...plus he's 1 of the most affordable gynae that bring you affordable package too for hospital stay..he is like D24 durian, affordable and nice to eat

how much huh he charge you for the yasmine? you experienced any side effect?
i got a 3 mths supply, he charges $88.80 (yasmine is more expensive coz it wun make you gain weight). eh no side effect. realized after taking yasmine, my skin became more moisturized (me lazy type; nv aply moisturiser etc de)...

dr ang got sell contraceptive?
hey, also interested to know more about contraceptive implant, you got more info or not? :001_302:
everytime wana book appt with him for pap smear, but always forgot...dint manage 2 check out the info on implant, sorry. i go look for his card 1st, see when is the earliest available nite clinic...book appt for pap smear then i go check it out k? hopefully by next week;)

erm but according 2 my sis hor, she said implant good leh, @ least u wun forget 2 take ur pills etc...usually her menses about 1 week heavy flow de. after impant, improved alot le...

iwan2noe

i got a 3 mths supply, he charges $88.80 (yasmine is more expensive coz it wun make you gain weight). eh no side effect. realized after taking yasmine, my skin became more moisturized (me lazy type; never aply moisturiser etc )...
I think it ur 3 mths supply of yasmine at this cost if cheap. Dr Ang indeed is a doc with a heart. I used yasmine b4 diane35 to regulate my menses previously and I was charged at least $28(b4 GST) for a mth suplly of yasmine.

The only drawback abt Dr ang i feel is that he has too many patients(too popular i guess) and waiting time is not too fast and also he tends to be in a rush each time i see him...

all in all, i like dr ang, a good doc so far!:red:

babymoon

everytime want to book appt with him for pap smear, but always forgot...dint manage 2 check out the info on implant, sorry. i go look for his card 1st, see when is the earliest available nite clinic...book appt for pap smear then i go check it out k? hopefully by next week;)

erm but according 2 my sis , she said implant good , @ least you wun forget 2 take your pills etc...usually her menses about 1 week heavy flow . after impant, improved alot ...
oh.. i never ask him about his.. in fact i just gave birth 3 weeks ago and still in confinement.. i should ask him when i got appt with him for last few mths.. but never think about this during that time.. now too late.. got to rebook appt with him very "ma fan".. he so busy and waiting time so long.. hehee..

yah, pls let me know more when you get info from him yah.. :001_302:

Amulet

i got a 3 mths supply, he charges $88.80 (yasmine is more expensive coz it wun make you gain weight). eh no side effect. realized after taking yasmine, my skin became more moisturized (me lazy type; never aply moisturiser etc )...
oh~ hmm.. any idea regarding doing IUD with him?

I think it your 3 mths supply of yasmine at this cost if cheap. Dr Ang indeed is a doc with a heart. I used yasmine before diane35 to regulate my menses previously and I was charged at least $28(before GST) for a month suplly of yasmine.

The only drawback about Dr ang i feel is that he has too many patients(too popular i guess) and waiting time is not too fast and also he tends to be in a rush each time i see him...

all in all, i like dr ang, a good doc so far!:red:
indeed he is a v gd doc...bobian, since he's gd, we gota wait lor...although he's always rushing, u can still ask him qns & he will ans patiently de...

Ariel Chong

Hi, 1st time Mummy here... I'm seeing Dr Ang also... I find that hez really a nice Dr.. But I find him a bit rough leh... I'm so scared of the epiostomy hez going to cut on that day... :(

Parry

Yesterday I went to Dr. Ang for the last of my obsterics visits (postpartum follow-up). As usual, there were so many people there :tlaugh:Dr. Ang is really good and I'm so glad I got him! Will certainly go back to him for subsequent births.:wong29:Thank you Dr Ang!

iwan2noe

Yesterday I went to Dr. Ang for the last of my obsterics visits (postpartum follow-up). As usual, there were so many people there :tlaugh:Dr. Ang is really good and I'm so glad I got him! Will certainly go back to him for subsequent births.:wong29:Thank you Dr Ang!
Hi parry,

any idea if he is still available to see patient. the last visit i went early this month was told by him that he will be gg on leave.
I tried calling since 10am today until now no avail..the line keeps being engaged:bmad:!!

mummypooh09

Hi Mummies,

Can I share my experience with Dr Ang with u all?? I gave birth to my baby girl on 2nd Dec'09 by Dr Ang, actually I was planning to have normal delivery in the end having c-section but no epidural.
Was having my few last appointment that moment, told him that I'm having cramp like menses. So he go do check up on bellow... so paiseh n so painful, but he said no opening yet. After the check up not long when i left his clinic, I start to have a cramps. Then at night I realized my water bag was licking, then starts having horrible pain n fever. Was screaming n shouting my lungs out to my mom n hubby, cos both never makes me relax yet making me more upset!! it's my first time n yes had my trauma on delivery thingy (since so many story about it).

Then the next morning my hubby call Dr Ang, then we his clinic n check up on the afternoon... then Dr check bellow again, this time I'm ready to feel the pain again... and he told me got 2cm dilation already. But that night was nightmare, I was having cramps plus fever again. So my hubby called Dr Ang... he told us tomorrow morning go TMC and check in.

Go check in n check again by Dr Ang after go in the ward room, but no more opening only that 2cm. Then he said we wait... after that I had my lunch there... and do some stretching for my normal delivery with no epi. Then the cramps back again during dinner time, oh man... just manage to take a bit of my salty soup... haven't main course!!

The nurse was checking me... and called Dr Ang as I'm having fever again, so straight to the observation room. Darn cold plus only wearing the robe, manage to urine as they need it n saw a pinkish drip! then after that all the way shivering n can't drink any water. Best part the nurse can't even poke the needle properly... 1st she do on the side vain!! (was thinking isn't it supposed to be on top of my hand there???) then the 2nd other nurse poke on top... haizzzz

So Dr Ang called my husband when he's on his way to TMC, told us that we may 2 choices. 1st is to wait and see how the opening for 12 to 24 hrs max, yet can't guarantee anything to the baby n me. 2nd is immediate do c-section.

Since it's the 1st grand daughter for both side of the family... I have no choice to do c-section and Dr Ang use forceps on my girl... I cried n cried, all my hard work for normal delivery wasted. After the operation the next day I was stressed out by my family... why need c-section??? and bla bla. Cos my sister's friend also having same thing as me, but the gynea give her antibiotic for her fever n induce.

I stay for 4D3N in TMC, all the nurses very nice n likes my girl. cos she never cry except hungry n diapers time. Even when come out from tummy also need to be spank then cry, hahaha.

Dunno will go Dr Ang again or not for my next one. Anyone having same experience??? and do anyone have suggestion which gynae more to normal delivery rather than c-section??? cos I'm thinking to go for normal if I get 2nd child. Which I dunno how long gap then can do normal delivery.

Thanks all for listening me... hope doesn't bored you all or even make you fall a sleep, hehehe.

GB All:Dancing_wub:

MomoMummy

Hi Mummies,

Can I share my experience with Dr Ang with you all?? I gave birth to my baby girl on 2nd Dec'09 by Dr Ang, actually I was planning to have normal delivery in the end having c-section but no epidural.
Was having my few last appointment that moment, told him that I'm having cramp like menses. So he go do check up on bellow... so paiseh n so painful, but he said no opening yet. After the check up not long when i left his clinic, I start to have a cramps. Then at night I realized my water bag was licking, then starts having horrible pain n fever. Was screaming n shouting my lungs out to my mom n hubby, cos both never makes me relax yet making me more upset!! it's my first time n yes had my trauma on delivery thingy (since so many story about it).

Then the next morning my hubby call Dr Ang, then we his clinic n check up on the afternoon... then Dr check bellow again, this time I'm ready to feel the pain again... and he told me got 2cm dilation already. But that night was nightmare, I was having cramps plus fever again. So my hubby called Dr Ang... he told us tomorrow morning go Thomson Medical Center and check in.

Go check in n check again by Dr Ang after go in the ward room, but no more opening only that 2cm. Then he said we wait... after that I had my lunch there... and do some stretching for my normal delivery with no epi. Then the cramps back again during dinner time, oh man... just manage to take a bit of my salty soup... have not't main course!!

The nurse was checking me... and called Dr Ang as I'm having fever again, so straight to the observation room. Darn cold plus only wearing the robe, manage to urine as they need it n saw a pinkish drip! then after that all the way shivering n can't drink any water. Best part the nurse can't even poke the needle properly... 1st she do on the side vain!! (was thinking isn't it supposed to be on top of my hand there???) then the 2nd other nurse poke on top... haizzzz

So Dr Ang called my husband when he's on his way to Thomson Medical Center, told us that we may 2 choices. 1st is to wait and see how the opening for 12 to 24 hours max, yet can't guarantee anything to the baby n me. 2nd is immediate do c-section.

Since it's the 1st grand daughter for both side of the family... I have no choice to do c-section and Dr Ang use forceps on my girl... I cried n cried, all my hard work for normal delivery wasted. After the operation the next day I was stressed out by my family... why need c-section??? and bla bla. Cos my sister's friend also having same thing as me, but the gynea give her antibiotic for her fever n induce.

I stay for 4D3N in Thomson Medical Center, all the nurses very nice n likes my girl. cos she never cry except hungry n diapers time. Even when come out from tummy also need to be spank then cry, hahaha.

dont know will go Dr Ang again or not for my next one. Anyone having same experience??? and do anyone have suggestion which gynae more to normal delivery rather than c-section??? cos I'm thinking to go for normal if I get 2nd child. Which I dont know how long gap then can do normal delivery.

Thanks all for listening me... hope doesn't bored you all or even make you fall a sleep, hehehe.

GB All:Dancing_wub:
Hi Mummypooh.. my baby girl is c sect by lawrence Ang too..

However i dun understand this part

"Since it's the 1st grand daughter for both side of the family... I have no choice to do c-section and Dr Ang use forceps on my girl... I cried n cried, all my hard work for normal delivery wasted. "

hmm y 1st grand daughter need to do c-section? actually u can try to induce n wait. mine was the same.. he induce me den still cant open when i waited for 12 hours. so i choose c-sect.. reason in the end was cos my baby girl is big.. he said even if induce the 2nd time, also most probably have to c-sect..

lawrence ang did ask u two options is not that he didnt ask for your options.

to me as long as u are healthy n the baby is healthy.. whether c sect or natural is ok...

read some mummies here 1st child c sect.. 2nd one natural...

so u still have the chance to have natural delivery.. u can ask Lawrence ang if it is possible.. if not can search other gynae for your 2nd one.

qristeele

Altho I have not been to other gynae before, I know he is actually pro natural birth. I remember him telling me as I entered my third trimester that the pain during labour would be like wanna die but won't die. LOL!

I, personally, had a natural birth and so did a couple of my colleagues who also went to Dr Ang.

Anyway, don't feel too bad about what others feel about your delivery option. You might plan for it to happen in one way but what happened was actually what was best for you and baby so seek solace in that.

MomoMummy

Altho I have not been to other gynae before, I know he is actually pro natural birth. I remember him telling me as I entered my third trimester that the pain during labour would be like wanna die but won't die. LOL!

I, personally, had a natural birth and so did a couple of my colleagues who also went to Dr Ang.

Anyway, dont't feel too bad about what others feel about your delivery option. You might plan for it to happen in one way but what happened was actually what was best for you and baby so seek solace in that.

muhaha he told me the same thing.. pain like want to die but wont die.. :tlaugh:

wintermelon

HI, me oso c section by Dr Lawrence Ang. That x im into 39 wks, baby still dun wan come out so Dr say can wait n c next few days or csn chose to induce bt cannot guarantee baby will come out. Me thinking induce mus suffer dunno hw many hr b4 baby come out so might as well c section, save x save effort. I sld say Dr Lawrence Ang is a very nice doc. I remembered 1st i stomach pain at night call him, he straight away ask me go hospital for a check. Lucky nothing happen to my baby, make me come down all the way to TMC, he even never charge me any consultation $.