Dr Tan Hak Koon from SGH

amy

anyone got experiences with Dr Tan Hak Koon from singapore general hospital??
was intro by my GP to him.
For all the normal GP i have visited, when we chat, it seems that they all know Doctor Tan Hak Koon from SGH and I was also quite surprise.
I have been seeing Dr Tan Hak Koon Since year 2000. I had my first cysts operation and he was the performing Doctor. I was very scared and in the end I have messed up instruction given and that day I insisted of having the operation done. Doctor Tan came down personal to talk to me patiently and change my mind of the insisting. At the waiting room before operation, he will come and talk to me to give encouragement and no worries.
Never less he is actually the first doctor to give me his contact number and told me that if I am not feeling well, just call him anytime.
From what I know from other patients he also give his contact number.
He was a caring and friendly Doctor. It's has been 10 years down the road and I still feel that he is still performing professionally.
If it's wasn't him, He kept encouraging me to go for IVF. I wont be having my first pregnancy now. Currently I am 33 weeks Pregnant. My due date is in end of Sept.
There is so much more that I wanted to say but it will take days.
Just that I felt very comfortable with Dr Tan and his professionalism.
No harm trying and we are not the expert.
Amy

Last edited:

bbtadpole

Had delivered my little one earlier this year. Dr Tan was my obstetrician too. He's generally calm and steady. Neither does he speak too much during consultations unless there is any cause for concern. My gal appeared to have breached at abt 34 weeks and that was when he flagged his concern and explained the implications.​

When I was finally due to deliver, he was calm and composed. My baby was apparently in distress and he took the trouble to address my worries at that critical juncture (in the labour ward). That helped me quite a fair bit in coming to a decision to opt for an emergency caesarean.​

He displayed utter professionalism and i suppose he was quite skilled in handling such emergencies as well. The caesarean was "chop chop" and before i knew it, my little one came into this world safe and sound.​

Notwithstanding, Dr Tan HK is a man of few words -- a cool cucumber in fact! So unless u are someone who constantly needs to be assured at every consultation session, you may want to consider Dr Tan.​

Cheers!​

2011mummy

For all the normal GP i have visited, when we chat, it seems that they all know Doctor Tan Hak Koon from singapore general hospital and I was also quite surprise.
I have been seeing Dr Tan Hak Koon Since year 2000. I had my first cysts operation and he was the performing Doctor. I was very scared and in the end I have messed up instruction given and that day I insisted of having the operation done. Doctor Tan came down personal to talk to me patiently and change my mind of the insisting. At the waiting room before operation, he will come and talk to me to give encouragement and no worries.
Never less he is actually the first doctor to give me his contact number and told me that if I am not feeling well, just call him anytime.
From what I know from other patients he also give his contact number.
He was a caring and friendly Doctor. It's has been 10 years down the road and I still feel that he is still performing professionally.
If it's wasn't him, He kept encouraging me to go for IVF. I wont be having my first pregnancy now. Currently I am 33 weeks Pregnant. My due date is in end of Sept.
There is so much more that I wanted to say but it will take days.
Just that I felt very comfortable with Dr Tan and his professionalism.
No harm trying and we are not the expert.
Amy

Had delivered my little one earlier this year. Dr Tan was my obstetrician too. He's generally calm and steady. Neither does he speak too much during consultations unless there is any cause for concern. My gal appeared to have breached at about 34 weeks and that was when he flagged his concern and explained the implications.​

When I was finally due to deliver, he was calm and composed. My baby was apparently in distress and he took the trouble to address my worries at that critical juncture (in the labour ward). That helped me quite a fair bit in coming to a decision to opt for an emergency caesarean.​

He displayed utter professionalism and i suppose he was quite skilled in handling such emergencies as well. The caesarean was "chop chop" and before i knew it, my little one came into this world safe and sound.​

Notwithstanding, Dr Tan HK is a man of few words -- a cool cucumber in fact! So unless you are someone who constantly needs to be assured at every consultation session, you may want to consider Dr Tan.​

Cheers!​
thanks Amy & bbtadpole.. really feel happy to receive positive feedback abt Dr Tan. Will be meeting him for my 2nd appointment in a week time.

dodos

Like Amy im seeing this Dr since yr 2000. My 4 kids were delivered by him. He visited me everyday in the ward. Very caring and friendly. He will give his numbers to all his patients. If you have to see a gynae in SGH he is the famous one. If you ask me about my experience with this dr it's a long story....

Whenever i tell people that im seeing this gynae, they always tell me that im in good hands. So 2011mummy you are definately in good hands.

I agree with everyone here :) My 15 months baby boy was delivered by him. During my second trimester, my baby had a fetal heart beat, he helped me with a lot of things I needed especially to calm myself down. It's true that he doesn't talk a lot but when needed, he talks more than usual :D So I think he is a good doctor :)

Zillah Rahman

Yup. His lscs is 'chop chop'. I work in operating theatre in Sgh. His normal speed to get baby out is less den 5 mins from incision. Maybe abt 2 mins. No joke. So if ur baby is in distress, dun worry. It'll be out faster den you can think

Valentinatap

Hey, all, I have some specific questions about Dr Tan. Could I call/PM you? If so, please answer in private. I appreciate it. Have quite urgent question

Fynn88

I thoroughly recommend Dr Tan. He was my doctor and throughout pregnancy was patient and efficient. As pp mentioned, he doesn’t talk much but knows his stuff. He will listen to your concerns and let u voice them should you have any.

Thoroughly impressed with the way he delivered my lil one. Cool collected unfazed and very quick. My hubby was amazed at how fast he got baby out!