Dr. Theresa Cheng at Theresa Women's Clinic Ang mo kio

Jill jacob

Hi friends,

My cesarean scar by Dr Cheng also recovered very beautifully & fast. Seen my friend's scar - looks like a caterpillar! (Not by Dr Cheng) Only thing about Dr Cheng is her being temperamental. When she's in a good mood, you can discuss anything under the sun with her. And when she's in her bad mood, better 'chop chop' & cut short. Luckily her 2 staffs (Jamie & Pamela) are very nice & helpful. If Dr Cheng is in the foul mood, usually will get advise from them. Otherwise, will seek their help to ask Dr on my behalf. On the whole, I also think that her skill is good.

maralimal

Hi friends,

My cesarean scar by Dr Cheng also recovered very beautifully & fast. Seen my friend's scar - looks like a caterpillar! (Not by Dr Cheng) Only thing about Dr Cheng is her being temperamental. When she's in a good mood, you can discuss anything under the sun with her. And when she's in her bad mood, better 'chop chop' & cut short. Luckily her 2 staffs (Jamie & Pamela) are very nice & helpful. If Dr Cheng is in the foul mood, usually will get advise from them. Otherwise, will seek their help to ask Dr on my behalf. On the whole, I also think that her skill is good.

Hi ladies, you better listen to Jill man!!! I'm currently 20 weeks' pregnant, have bn to Dr Cheng for couple of visits alrdy!!! before that, o man!!! Was at another gynae!! Can tell you, that one really pissed me offffffffffffff....... Plus the assistants there, they ain't there to please us patients, more likely to show off their superiority!! Decided to change gynae, was referred to Dr Cheng by a reeeaaaalllllllllllll good friend of mine, BFF if you must ask me!!!! have never looked back eversince. Dr Cheng was super, yes, she had her moments, but hey, who hasn't? When she's in a fantastic mood, wh lucky for me, maybe my lucky stars with me? She can be so patient, wld tell me more than I need to know. Maybe you guys or ladies have not bn too clear with your questions? On top of that, her 2 nurses, Pamela and Jamie, had always bn super super nice to me.... I'll definitely recommend Dr Cheng and her nurses to anyone any day!!!

Joanne Chua

Hihi... yes i agreed who doesnt have their moments!!! But Dr Cheng is really ok she always joke with me & my hubby and always teases him too... she'll give lots of advices & cases to us about mummy & baby. Maybe you can say she's abit too kia su but she's a responsible gynae, after all it's for our own good, rite? I heard comments about she likes to give jabs during my 1st pregnancy, becos that x i always need to get jabs for every visits due to pregnancy complications and even almost had a miscarriage, stayed in for 5 days! Believed me i get 2 jabs most of the times during my every visits till my due date, she's knws i am fearful of it and will talk to me try to distract my attn. I also had my c-section @ 36wks due to my baby is not growing well. Sometimes I'll think like what others said Dr Cheng likes to give jabs to her patients! But until I had my 2nd pregnancy a your later, my baby girl does not give me all these trouble & worry. I dont need to have jabs, i only visit Dr Cheng about once a month and girl came in due. So when we get jabs is only when necessary. Heard before that baby boy is weaker maybe that's the answer to my 1st pregnancy. Also the 2 assistants, Jamie & Pamela they are really really nice and soft to me, they are always polite, we'll joke also. Really missed them!!! Recently I called up to make appt for my best friend, Pamela still can remember me. :001_302: Still can remember during my 1st pregnancy, at cny's eve i cried in the clinic due to worry & not mentally prepared that my baby maybe have to come out on that very day, which was supposed and actually 5days later only. Jamie kept comforting me not to worry things like that. She was even so SWEET to called me up on the 3rd day of cny to check out how was I saying saw me so worried that makes her worried too... so sweet of her... :wong19:

ddd

Alpha Male
Hihi... yes i agreed who doesnt have their moments!!! But Dr Cheng is really ok she always joke with me & my hubby and always teases him too... she'll give lots of advices & cases to us about mummy & baby. Maybe you can say she's abit too kia su but she's a responsible gynae, after all it's for our own good, rite? I heard comments about she likes to give jabs during my 1st pregnancy, becos that x i always need to get jabs for every visits due to pregnancy complications and even almost had a miscarriage, stayed in for 5 days! Believed me i get 2 jabs most of the times during my every visits till my due date, she's knws i am fearful of it and will talk to me try to distract my attn. I also had my c-section @ 36wks due to my baby is not growing well. Sometimes I'll think like what others said Dr Cheng likes to give jabs to her patients! But until I had my 2nd pregnancy a your later, my baby girl does not give me all these trouble & worry. I dont need to have jabs, i only visit Dr Cheng about once a month and girl came in due. So when we get jabs is only when necessary. Heard before that baby boy is weaker maybe that's the answer to my 1st pregnancy. Also the 2 assistants, Jamie & Pamela they are really really nice and soft to me, they are always polite, we'll joke also. Really missed them!!! Recently I called up to make appt for my best friend, Pamela still can remember me. :001_302: Still can remember during my 1st pregnancy, at cny's eve i cried in the clinic due to worry & not mentally prepared that my baby maybe have to come out on that very day, which was supposed and actually 5days later only. Jamie kept comforting me not to worry things like that. She was even so SWEET to called me up on the 3rd day of cny to check out how was I saying saw me so worried that makes her worried too... so sweet of her... :wong19:
当你们听到我的故事你们才知道。

我表姐怀孕3此都在他的手上出状况。第3次还被迫做人工流产。我太太怀孕两个月的时候去那里。她给我太太打安胎针。一共300多元。没有给mc。两天后基于表姐的介绍,我们到另外一个妇产科。赫然发现胚胎没有粘好差点掉了。医生开两周的产假并且要我太太3日后回去复诊。如有必要要她留院。

stonston

*Just a quick thought, dun flame me*

noticed tt those nicks coming in to praise Dr Cheng are not regulars in the forum? Their post here is their only posts in the forum? Don't u gals find it suspicious when u read it?And their typing style/language is very similar?

*It's just a quick thought, i may be wrong :)*

chewnlow

*Just a quick thought, dont flame me*

noticed that those nicks coming in to praise Dr Cheng are not regulars in the forum? Their post here is their only posts in the forum? dont't you gals find it suspicious when you read it?And their typing style/language is very similar?

WOW!! you are so observant!! indeed ... all post their only posts .... hmmm, fishy.

june_lim

Hi Everyone,

I was previously seeing another doctor at NUH till my 37weeks,when i began to develope problems even early in the morning trying to stand or sit down for long. But the my gyn in NUH, said that it was normal and ask me to wait for another week. But i decided to seek Dr cheng for second opinion as i couldn't take it anymore. And on the day itself i decided to do cesarean on the very next day,to solve all the pain that i was in. Was really glad that i did just that instead of waiting to do natural delivery at NUH, as i was already up on my feet on the second day after the cesarean, walking in my hospital room.

Last edited:

noticed that those nicks coming in to praise Dr Cheng are not regulars in the forum? Their post here is their only posts in the forum? dont't you gals find it suspicious when you read it?And their typing style/language is very similar?

LOLS. i wanted to mention that also.
me personally had bad experience with her. and also another friend who is 4weeks later then mi. good luck to those who so see good her lo..
and ya. the frontdesk staff. friendly and polite? maybe the day i went just nice everyone got mensus. pms. i suay. muahahas.
waste my 165bucks.

apollo

ya hor!! it's like their 1st post only.... wow stonston, u're so observant!!!:001_302:

i kaypo abit huh, i realise most ppl under her will ended up going through c-sect.. =P

stonston

ya !! it's like their 1st post only.... wow stonston, you're so observant!!!:001_302:

i kaypo abit huh, i realise most ppl under her will ended up going through c-sect.. =P
I noticed in another forum it was mentioned before tt most of her patients all end up with C section. some even complain that no rhyme or reason suggest c section. then some mummies who wanna give natural a try end up change gynae and had an enjoyable birth experience.

june_lim

As she prefer to do c-sect rather than natural, as she told my gf to do c-sect as well. But as for me, the doctors at NUH didn't give me much choice too. The only thing about doing natural is that you are ask to admit the hospital at 6am in the morning. OH my god! That is crazy so early, just to give birth naturally. Besides all i wanted was to quickly deliver my baby, rather than to live in pain. Never think much at that point.

Last edited:

stonston

june, they ask u to go in at 6am is cos they dunno how long ur labour will be. and hospital charge u one full day's worth of labour ward charges even if u onli use for few hours. so if u 'check in' late and labour quite long, then it's like u may end up paying more.

for me i scared of pain. at the slightest pain i immediately ask for epidural already. my whole natural birth experience was very enjoyable. and i'm very keen to hv another one cos my birth experience and recovering experience was very good :)

and my gynae laid out the pros and cons of both natural and c section, let me hv informed decision. and he also said tt c section is major surgery, he dun encourage unless it's a real medical situation tt requires it. but if we choose c section, he'll also respect our chioce. i personally tink this is the right way. lay out all the information to ur patient and let them choose. once they choose, respect their choice. if u dun like the inconvenience of having to deliver babies at odd timing, dun be a gynae!

june_lim

Anyway wat is it like to do it naturally?Besides my baby had a big head which may cause more problems to do it naturally. So i was told that if i don't deliver by noon i still had to do c-sect. So it still comes back to squareone.Mind as well do c-sect and admit in the afternoon. Naturally wouldn't it hurt more? Besides i have a history or back problems, which cos me more pain duringmy last pregancy. Now thinking of having a second child, need to advise doctor on that further. Anyone which you think is good that can advise on that?

stonston

June if u got back problems, do get it solved before getting pregnant. i got curved spine since young and during my pregnancy it din affect much cos my boy is small sized. i'm now trying for 2nd one and i've been going to a chiropractor the past yr to fix my back and there's no ache/pain now plus i've been doing exercises to tone up my back muscles to get ready for pregnancy.

for natural birth there is no major op like in c section. the wound is usually small (normally it's a 1cm cut onli) and it heals very fast. for me the external skin healed before i was discharged from hospital and I did not feel any pain or discomfort from the wound (i did not take oral pain killers after giving birth). And dun worry abt ur down there getting 'loose'. mine's even tighter than before i was pregnant. my gynae did a very good job stitching me back neatly :)
if u r worried abt pain, u can opt to take epidural like i did. and i enjoyed the birth experience alot. with my hb beside me encouraging me to push, my gynae praising me for doing a good job, it was not difficult at all :)

For c section, it is a major operation afterall and u hv alot of restrictions in movement (it's painful when u squat/carry things) and the risk of wound splitting open is quite high cos they open up the muscles which are used often in ur everyday life. and of cos u still need to look after ur newborn. and the wound takes ard 6 mths to fully recover! imagine when u go back to work after ML ur wound may still hurt/tingle a little!

and i noe 1 thing for sure, if i hv c section, my mum will make me eat confinement food for 100days. to ensure the c section wound heal properly. the diet will be same as going thru major op. no seafood, no dark sauce, no oyster sauce, etc etc! 100 days! i'll go berserk!

if u realli wanna try for 2nd child and wanna experience natural birth if condition permits, try finding another gynae who is pro VBAC :)

june_lim

Thanks for the advise. My first baby was rather small too, he only weights 2.8kg but was long for that weight of his, at 40cm. After the delivery i did grew taller and that allows my back bone to stretch, and the pain has since been better than before.But who knows what will happen if i try on the second one. I need to go get advise from a good doctor before i prepare for my second one.

shazcheng

Been to dr Cheng clinic twice.... thought she is experienced enough.. but lacked of basic human touch... Say in a bad way, we pay to get such bad services from here.. ask her one question answer one question and seems not keen to find out more.. charges wil also high in that kind of shop houses location... but suprisingly, still quite good busy at her clinic.. :nah:

went to her when im 4 weeks preg wif bleeding.
she jus gimmie 2 shots, and still laugh away telling me that she duno where she poke me so cannt paste the plaster and so she tell me 'anihow paste la ok'
and as im onli 4 weeks preg, the bb is too small to be seen on the scan thru my tummy so haf to insert to check
she didnt even bother to tell me wad she is gonna do, jus immediately insert and doesn bother whether im in discomfort or not.
she jus like that gimmie 2 shots ask me to go out go home. cost me nearly 500bucks!
and my bleedin stop for few days and continue again, this tme i went to another doc.
was given 7days of bed rest and the doc tell me i should b given bed rest bcos 4 weeks and bleeding is a veri critical period!
imagine wad harm can she do to me. so i dun see in wad wae is she gd!

shazcheng

went to her when im 4 weeks preg with bleeding.
she just gimmie 2 shots, and still laugh away telling me that she dont know where she poke me so cannt paste the plaster and so she tell me 'anihow paste ok'
and as im onli 4 weeks preg, the baby is too small to be seen on the scan thru my tummy so have to insert to check
she didnt even bother to tell me what she is gonna do, just immediately insert and doesn bother whether im in discomfort or not.
she just like that gimmie 2 shots ask me to go out go home. cost me nearly 500bucks!
and my bleedin stop for few days and continue again, this tme i went to another doc.
was given 7days of bed rest and the doc tell me i should b given bed rest bcos 4 weeks and bleeding is a veri critical period!
imagine what harm can she do to me. so i dont see in what wae is she good!
I also had that experienced you had before. She just simply do things without informing you first. One time she just put the probe into the vagina and scolded me as telling me not to shift around (OMG is painful) is my nature reflex how not to move!!! Really no sense of mercy!!

rinababy

im 29w preg now

now, i've read this topic abt her.. a lil bit dont feel like going lol.

she keep telling me not to eat so much, if not must undergo C-sect..
i can say i eat quite little.. dont eat much. so far only gain 6kg.

my previous appt, which was few days ago..
did the scanning w her and she kept laughing and repeating “big headed baby”!!

wonder is this a good or bad thing.. she look like some witch to me.. so dare not ask much.

she warned me not to drink milk too.

Last edited:

rinababy

I also had that experienced you had before. She just simply do things without informing you first. One time she just put the probe into the vagina and scolded me as telling me not to shift around (OMG is painful) is my nature reflex how not to move!!! Really no sense of mercy!!
oh ya, i'd experienced that too!!