Dr. Wee Horng Yen

BbVeron

Just check with KKH, tat Dr Wee was no longer with them but Novena Medical Center.

Last edited:

MommyLiz

Hi CutieLya...

I am currently seeing him now. Every consultation it costs me about $150++
His consultation is $75-$95. 1st consultation will be higher subsequently will be cheaper. Saturday will be extra costs.
His scan costs $70 and his urine stick about $10. Vitamins etc is also at a different cost. I dont have the exact receipt with me.
But im going for my detail scanning and it will costs about $147

CutieLya

MommyLiz:839275 said:
Hi CutieLya...

I am currently seeing him now. Every consultation it costs me about $150++
His consultation is $75-$95. 1st consultation will be higher subsequently will be cheaper. Saturday will be extra costs.
His scan costs $70 and his urine stick about $10. Vitamins etc is also at a different cost. I dont have the exact receipt with me.
But im going for my detail scanning and it will costs about $147
Thanks for the info. The detail is done there or in another hospital?

LaVsy

Hi

anyone following Dr Wee in his new clinic in Novena?

my 1st child was with Dr Wee back in KKH Private Suite in 2012.
was uncertain whether to follow back the same gynae, as he has move out.
is the Charges the same? or more costly?

MommyLiz

Hi

anyone following Dr Wee in his new clinic in Novena?

my 1st child was with Dr Wee back in Kandang Kerbau Hospital Private Suite in 2012.
was uncertain whether to follow back the same gynae, as he has move out.
is the Charges the same? or more costly?
Hi lavsy,

Charges are not the same. Its more expensive and he will not deliver at kk but only at private hospitals.

Sad to say i have decided to go back kk as i find it hard to cope with charges.

MommySg

Hi lavsy,

Charges are not the same. Its more expensive and he will not deliver at kk but only at private hospitals.

Sad to say i have decided to go back kk as i find it hard to cope with charges.
Same here. It was a tough decision as my hubby and I are really comfortable with Dr Wee. Anyway, I delivered already. Hee.

Fje1981

Hello ladies,

I'm due over a few weeks and I'm seeing dr. Wee. I chose him because he is pro-natural and that's really important to me.
I find him a very nice person, very approachable and will explain all questions in detail.
The problem is that a standard consult can only last 10 minutes and since you always have a ultrasound and questions 'especially as a first time mum' the consult fee goes up. Also note that dr. Wee is very talkative what means that you get a long answer back what also reflects in the bill.
If I would knew that on forehand I wouldn't chose him, cause after a nice consult you do feel a bit fooled if you get the invoice were they charge you excessive for the few extra questions you have.
I also think that he is overcautious and wants to do test or give you mc very fast while in most cases the tests were negative. Not sure if that is him making money or being very kiasu.

So my advice to all mothers is, if you don't mind paying ALOT and appreciate a nice and talkative doctor who is pro-natural dr. Wee is the obstetrician that you should see!