dr woo bit hwa

jloh

anyone knws the opening hours of Dr Woo's clinic at Punggol?? i cant seem to get anyone to pick up the punggol line....

kkbaby

I just saw him for abt 5min after a hr's wait at his Tiong Bahru clinic.It was a terrible experience.

The exchange went something like this:

Dr: Wat can I do for you?
Me: I'm alredi in my 32th wk, wld like to change my gynae/obs to u
Dr: Why did you not continue seeing Dr Adelina Wong, ur scans stated her as ur gynae/obs?
Me: I was already sitting inside her rm for the 1st visit then she asked me if her assistants told me tt she wont be ard for the few wks before my EDD in Sept,so I oni saw her once cos I'm nt so comfy having to change doc oni at last stage.
Dr: I 'm also taking leave in Sept 1st wk
Me: (stunned)but I asked ur assistants over the phone and they told me u are not fully booked in Sept and u will be ard
Dr: I didnt tell them I'm taking leave, so do you still wan to c me?
Me: I hav had a C-sect for my 1st boy, if I nid to thru ano C-sect before my EDD how?Who will cover u?I duno wat to do now oso
Dr: I hav pple to cover me.Why dun u go bck to ur previous doc at TMC?
Me: I dun wan to see her cos of certain things.I cant believe it's happening again, I tink I 'm going to burst out crying
Dr: U cant stop me fr taking leave
Me: (stunned and duno wat to say)
Dr: then I cancel this appt
Me: huh?
Dr: (proceeded to take a card out, took a few moments for me to realise it's nxt patient's cos there's a scan photo inside and I didnt hav any w him)

I managed to stammered a weak thank-you before getting up and going out to sit dwn. The assistant went in for a moment then told me I didnt need to pay and can go.

Guess Dr Woo can be quite contrary to all d good comments I found on the forums so far, no apologies, no Paiseh even for d wait, lack of communication btwn him n his assistants. What did make me actually burst out in tears after leaving d clinic was his dismissive attitude sigh...

Maybe I'm too sensitive or high-strung trying to confirm a gynae/obs at 32 wks,well this is my experience with him

stonston

Actually I think its quite normal for him to ask because he also needs to be clear what he is taking over, esp since you are just a few more weeks to delivery.

& I know that gynaes also got 'politics' amongst themselves esp those from same hospital. If you go to another gynae from TMC, I think you might experience the same thing. In this case it's best to try gynaes from different hospitals (maybe RH or Mt E since most gynaes at TMC deliver at MT A).

I think the only reason you told him you are changing gynae is because she won't be around nearer to your due date & maybe he dare not commit because he also won't be around? I think at least he's fair to you to be upfront (although he may not have put it in a way that we 'liked'). He could have 'accepted' you then 1 month later tell you he'll be going on leave. Imagine how much worse that will be for you because you already 'settled' a gynae then last minute got to go searching again.

And just curious, you mentioned that you only saw gynae once during your pregnancy? Or is I misread? Then how about the gynae you went to for your first delivery? All your previous records are with the gynae, did you get a copy of all your medical reports to forward to your new gynae (when you manage to find someone you like)?

kkbaby

Hi Stonston,

Ya I did oni see Dr Wong once cos after that, I went back to KKH.In the beginning of this pregnancy I was admitted into KKH for gastric flu so that rendered me as a subsidised patient. But I did my Oscar scan and blood test at Thomson and requested for them thru Dr Wong's clinic.Dr Wong had told me to consider if i wld like find ano gynae as she definitely wont be ard for most of Sept.I gave KKH the copies, I kept the originals,I'm still hoping to find a caring and reassuring private doc and give birth in Mt A this time round.

Thks for d advice for d statutory declaration! I'll go chck w IRAS

mrs_eg

hey sorry but may i ask....

Does Dr Woo still has a clinic @ Punggol Plaza??? Northern Hope is no longer there right??? So only at his Tiong Bahru Branch rite?

stonston

hey sorry but may i ask....

Does Dr Woo still has a clinic @ Punggol Plaza??? Northern Hope is no longer there right??? So only at his Tiong Bahru Branch rite?
He opened his own clinic there after Northern Hope closed down. Charges are cheaper than Northern Hope :)

isabellesng

Hi to all mummies,

how are you i am back dr woo is a good doc
ya he open his new clinic at punggol plaza #04 but is diff name his package is $800 over here cos the rental is expensive so diff from TBR $650

dear mummies
my 1st son is 3mth + (19 may 09) at Thomson Medical Center
but i am pregnant again 2nd (apr/may 2010):Dancing_wub:

he is very good no feel or pain at all:tlaugh:
i go back dr woo again but this time at punggol cos near my house, 1st time at TBR

Last edited:

terasey

Hi:

I am also seeing Dr Woo now @ TBP, delivering at TMC.

Anyone can comment on whether i should sign up with the FBI with TMC? Is it worth to pay the $148 / $188 for the benefits?

isabellesng

I just saw him for about 5min after a hr's wait at his Tiong Bahru clinic.It was a terrible experience.

The exchange went something like this:

Dr: what can I do for you?
Me: I'm alredi in my 32th wk, wld like to change my gynae/obs to you
Dr: Why did you not continue seeing Dr Adelina Wong, your scans stated her as your gynae/obs?
Me: I was already sitting inside her rm for the 1st visit then she asked me if her assistants told me that she wont be around for the few wks before my EDD in Sept,so I oni saw her once cos I'm not so comfy having to change doc oni at last stage.
Dr: I 'm also taking leave in Sept 1st wk
Me: (stunned)but I asked your assistants over the phone and they told me you are not fully booked in Sept and you will be around
Dr: I didnt tell them I'm taking leave, so do you still want to c me?
Me: I hav had a C-sect for my 1st boy, if I need to thru ano C-sect before my EDD how?Who will cover you?I dont know what to do now also
Dr: I hav pple to cover me.Why dont you go bck to your previous doc at Thomson Medical Center?
Me: I dont want to see her cos of certain things.I cant believe it's happening again, I tink I 'm going to burst out crying
Dr: you cant stop me fr taking leave
Me: (stunned and dont know what to say)
Dr: then I cancel this appt
Me: huh?
Dr: (proceeded to take a card out, took a few moments for me to realise it's nxt patient's cos there's a scan photo inside and I didnt hav any w him)

I managed to stammered a weak thank-you before getting up and going out to sit dwn. The assistant went in for a moment then told me I didnt need to pay and can go.

Guess Dr Woo can be quite contrary to all d good comments I found on the forums so far, no apologies, no Paiseh even for d wait, lack of communication btwn him n his assistants. What did make me actually burst out in tears after leaving d clinic was his dismissive attitude sigh...

Maybe I'm too sensitive or high-strung trying to confirm a gynae/obs at 32 wks,well this is my experience with him

pls don spoil his name, he really a gd doc
i am giving birth the 2nd time he need to know more n you chg doc on 32 week is so danger if anything goes wrong u can dont say dr woo cos 1st day you preg till 32 week u nv see him befor.
i gv birth may 2009 and may 2010
comfirmed dr woo is a gd doc i also rcm by friend

stonston

I agree Dr Woo is still as nice. I just went to him recently for routine check up cos we are going to TTC this year.

Even my friends who had previous deliveries by other docs changed to Dr Woo after meeting him :)

Hi stonston and the rest of mummies who had Dr Woo as your gynae. I found out that i am 5 wks preggy and looking ard for gynae. I stay redhill so TB is near to my pls. After seeing the positive comments, i would like to consider Dr Woo as well. May i know an avarage waiting time for his appointment? Anyone with Normal delivery with epidural at Mt A? How much is your total bill size? Thank you.

stonston

I go to his punggol clinic n waiting time is less than 10min. Only once I waited for 1/2 hr cos he had emergency delivery but was on his way back already.

Hi, just called his TB clinic this morning. Operating hrs:

Mon & Wed - 5.30pm - 9.30pm
Tue, Thu, Fri, Sat - 9am - 1pm

Antenatal package $650 (bf GST)

isabellesng

Hi stonston and the rest of mummies who had Dr Woo as your gynae. I found out that i am 5 wks preggy and looking around for gynae. I stay redhill so TB is near to my pls. After seeing the positive comments, i would like to consider Dr Woo as well. May i know an avarage waiting time for his appointment? Anyone with Normal delivery with epidural at Mt A? How much is your total bill size? Thank you.

u go TBR sometime will wait long cos TBR is mor appt so many time must wait is becos due to some mummy going to gv birth, at punggol appt is night time so is fast. my 1st son is at TBR check up, 2nd is at punggol.
cos TBR is 1st clinic open about 10 yrs no like punggol just open