duphaston

MeganLim

My gynae just prescribed this to me even though i had no spotting or previous medical history... Gynae says to help support the pregnancy. I'm a bit worried to take as my sis-in-law had bad reaction to it - start vomitting very badly after starting the meds..

Anyone experienecd this?

Took duphaston as well and it will cause more MS. I tried to lessen it. Only folic and multi-V

lesanges

I'm 5 weeks liao.. and was feeling rather sickly cos MS. Now I know it's due to Duphaston which the doc prescribed when I am preggie thru IVF... *sigh* guess I just have to endure endure endure

cmeilim

I am taking Duphaston too, i am 5 weeks pregnant via IUI so the Drs put me on Duphaston from the day my pregnancy was confirmed. what are the side effects? i have been taking it for past 2 weeks and i do urinate frequently, stomach is so bloated and gag in the mornings when i am brushing teeth.
these could just be normal pregnancy symptons too. urinating frequently is partly due to the uterus starting to expand and pressing on the bladder, even at this early stage.

ashanti.83

Hi.. duhaspton makes me feel quite severe vommiting n headaches.. my hubby
asked e doc abt this duhaspton.. she told is a hormonal pill tat strengthen e womb to provide protection against m/c.. i believe is quite a useful pill also but dun come cheap. only need to be taken for 1st tri..

vonmom

Anyone on the duphaston medication during the first trimester of your pregnancy? Heard some bad effects but the nurse said is safe...
I'm having a terrible time with duphaston right now, due to 2 previous mc my doc says it is necessary to take it and said better for baby... I vomit non stop frm morn till night n very very bloated ~sob i'm getting a little depressed cos i can't eat at all.. all i do is vomit

My gynae has prescribed to me as I had bleeding and spotting.
I have morning sickness and evening sickness but usually I dont vomit.
Had only vomited slightly once when I was not on duphaston.
But after taking this, the next morning, when I was having my breakfast, I vomited what I ate!
I will still take it cos it will help to stabilise the baby

Dilys

Hi excitedmummy,

Maybe the frequent MS not due duphaston... Duphaston I think it's the most important med for your Bb.. Stablising the little one as you have spotting n bleeding .. Jiayou.... :) how big is ur little one?? Ya maybe vomiting cos by bloatness. I was told by my gynae that every morning before you have ur breakfast remember don't brush your teeth n don't drink water.. Eat some dry biscuit it helps to extra gastric acid so you wouldn't feel much sickness.. I tried it .. Works well for me. 20mins difference between intake of water n food . Take care :)

JJ2011

i m also taking tis medicine now.. about 3 weeks preg, with some spotting n miscarriage 3 months ago..
today juz blood test for test the hcg to make sure bb is growing...(result will be know by today nite or tomorrow)
very nervous now..very worry..hope bad things wont happen again..
pray hard to god...

Dilys

i m also taking tis medicine now.. about 3 weeks preg, with some spotting n miscarriage 3 months ago..
today juz blood test for test the hcg to make sure bb is growing...(result will be know by today nite or tomorrow)
very nervous now..very worry..hope bad things wont happen again..
pray hard to god...
Hi .. Oh u r 3 weeks pregnant and u test the hcg? Oh what is hcg. Don't worry be positive everything will be fine! Talk to ur Bb ..

JJ2011

Hi .. Oh u r 3 weeks pregnant and u test the hcg? Oh what is hcg. Don't worry be positive everything will be fine! Talk to ur Bb ..
When a woman becomes pregnant, one of the first changes is the level of hCG found in the body. HCG is the “pregnancy hormone” which is created in the embryo after conception. The hormone tells the body to prepare for pregnancy by stopping the monthly menstrual cycle and lining the uterus. This generally happens around 8 to 10 days after conception when the embryo begins to implant itself into the uterine lining.

I m afraid, but i do pray harder.
yeah, talk to baby n hope everything wl b fine..
thanks,Dilys..

Dilys

When a woman becomes pregnant, one of the first changes is the level of hCG found in the body. HCG is the “pregnancy hormone” which is created in the embryo after conception. The hormone tells the body to prepare for pregnancy by stopping the monthly menstrual cycle and lining the uterus. This generally happens around 8 to 10 days after conception when the embryo begins to implant itself into the uterine lining.

I m afraid, but i do pray harder.
yeah, talk to baby n hope everything wl b fine..
thanks,Dilys..
Hey JJ2011 ,

Looking forward to ur good news ! Jia you .. dont worry

Dilys

hi,Dilys
I juz got the result, the HCG is increasing..the bb is good n growing
thanks god..
Hey JJ2011,

Glad to hear ur Bb is good. Be positive everything will be fine ! Hehe.. U r in ur wk 3 now right?? U got any MS?

JJ2011

Ms is morning sickness
oicc..not tht much..juz feel like want to vomit "feel only"..1 or twice in 2-3days...still ok
but,i have to eat tis medicine n take 2 jab of "An Tai Zhen" every week...
and will check the bb's heartbeat on 2wks ltr..
pray hard..

Dilys

oicc..not tht much..juz feel like want to vomit "feel only"..1 or twice in 2-3days...still ok
but,i have to eat tis medicine n take 2 jab of "An Tai Zhen" every week...
and will check the bb's heartbeat on 2wks ltr..
pray hard..
Wow.. that's very fast for u to have MS that early @ wk3. Oh 2 wks later u will be in ur wk5... checking bb's heartbeat ... u got to be prepared maybe u cannot heard it very clearly... usually heartbeat could be heard @ wk8. I had my bb's hb heard in my wk8 & 2 day..

Anyway .. no matter what don't worry & be positive.... U got to take care very very much since u r taking jab. Rest more .. don't walk too much ... No Coffee No Tea ...

JJ2011

Wow.. that's very fast for u to have MS that early @ wk3. Oh 2 wks later u will be in ur wk5... checking bb's heartbeat ... u got to be prepared maybe u cannot heard it very clearly... usually heartbeat could be heard @ wk8. I had my bb's hb heard in my wk8 & 2 day..

Anyway .. no matter what don't worry & be positive.... U got to take care very very much since u r taking jab. Rest more .. don't walk too much ... No Coffee No Tea ...
:)
thanks,Dilys
i m trying not to walk too much..actually i m in MC now. Next week I will resume to work. Hope it will be fine.
Can i ask u some question?
I wonder shld i attend a church wedding on this coming sat n her wedding banquet on next Mon?
if u were me, will u attend? (base on my case)

Dilys

:)
thanks,Dilys
i m trying not to walk too much..actually i m in MC now. Next week I will resume to work. Hope it will be fine.
Can i ask u some question?
I wonder shld i attend a church wedding on this coming sat n her wedding banquet on next Mon?
if u were me, will u attend? (base on my case)
Hey JJ2011,

Don't be shy to ask me.. hehe .. I am more happy to help whatever I can for u :) Yeah .. If I were u .. of cos' I will attend the weddings. Your case is not very very special or serious case! U must be happy & positive. Worry too much will affect ur little one.

For me .I am not very pantang la.. but haha some of the things still need to pantang abit like.. don't cut anything on ur bed..don't nail anything & don't move ur bed. Don't go to funeral. Other then that .. ok la.. like announcing the news before 3 mths.. I only tell my familes and closed friends only.

Whatever u do .. u have to be comfortable... if u r not.. don't do! Sometimes u will have ur own instinct .. telling to avoid some thing.. if u feel its dangerous.
By the way .. what r u working as??

JJ2011

Hey JJ2011,

dont't be shy to ask me.. hehe .. I am more happy to help whatever I can for you :) Yeah .. If I were you .. of cos' I will attend the weddings. Your case is not very very special or serious case! you must be happy & positive. Worry too much will affect your little one.

For me .I am not very pantang .. but haha some of the things still need to pantang abit like.. dont't cut anything on your bed..dont't nail anything & dont't move your bed. dont't go to funeral. Other then that .. ok .. like announcing the news before 3 mths.. I only tell my familes and closed friends only.

Whatever you do .. you have to be comfortable... if you r not.. dont't do! Sometimes you will have your own instinct .. telling to avoid some thing.. if you feel its dangerous.
By the way .. what r you working as??
thanks for ur reply. :001_302:
i m work as a customer service asst. face customer daily..