duphaston

bigstar

hello all, i've been prescribed duphaston since my first appt with the gynea. currently at 11 weeks now and don't really experience MS... just bloatedness and sleepy. not having MS makes me always wonder if everything is ok inside and always feeling anxious for the next checkup...

hello all, i've been prescribed duphaston since my first appt with the gynea. currently at 11 weeks now and don't really experience MS... just bloatedness and sleepy. not having MS makes me always wonder if everything is ok inside and always feeling anxious for the next checkup...

Hi bigstar, it's ok not to experience morning sickness! I didn't experience much MS thankfully. Only a few times I had to puke... No worries. It doesnt mean you need MS to signal that everything is ok with baby!

bigstar

thanks for the assurance, Excited Mummy! :)
just waiting for the next checkup next week... can't wait to get past the 1st trim..

Dragontail

I can only imagine now how "important" it is to pass the 1st trime. Not so much on the MS (as my MS is not so bad) but hoping that the unstability phase can be well over soon. I still have about 3 weeks to go. By the way, 1st trime ends on the end of 12 weeks right? I read a preg book and it says end of 14weeks. I'm confused.

Is Duphaston the same as Utrogestan? I was prescribed the latter but decided to stop after about 3weeks as I felt very unwell while on it.

bigstar

not too sure abt Utrogestan.

i thought should be 12 weeks... cos my gynae said everything should be more stabilised after 12 weeks

pinkangel

I was on the verge of IVF when i conceived naturally (by god's grace). doc still insists that i take crinone and some proluton injections. claims this is to preserve pregnancy and since I am 36. Is this a norm in Singapore? I had my first child in India - no supplements etc. etc. I hate taking medicines.

senscgal

pinkangel : I conceived through IVF and I have to take weekly proluton injections, duphaston & crinone daily. I am reaching 12 weeks soon and my RE says I can stop taking the medications at 12 weeks! We have been ttc for 2 years so we are blessed at having a positive ivf first attempt. Personally, I feel that it is reasonable enough to take the medications at the possibility to prevent m/c or pregnancy problems during the first trimester, especially if the doctor recommends it.

femacca

Yesterday had some spotting in the afternoon, so brought fwd my gynae appt. Luckily, did not seem to have any problems, but was prescribed duphaston to stabilise womb. No more spotting since last night, hope it stays that way. I was supposed to be at around 7w but more like 6w+ as bb only at 0.5cm instead of average 1cm, but finally some heartbeat detected.

NeSSa

i took it when i went to see my 1st gynae...when i was about 5-6 weeks pregnant...because the 1st 3 weeks i had cramp...so the gynae prescribe me to stablize my pregnancy

Amy Gan

hello everyone, i would like to seek some advice. i just found out that i'm expecting and i would like to know if any mummies out there has gotten Covid while pregnant? i'm worried about my baby if i get Covid but i came across this article and it seems like if i get Covid, there will only be a small chance of Covid-19 infection passing from the mother to the baby in the womb or upon birth through vertical transmission: womensweekly.com.sg/gallery/family/parenting/pregnancy-and-covid-19-coronavirus-gynaecologist-tips-facts/

just worried if there are complications... and how i should protect myself from Covid