EDD Apr 2013

xiuxiu

Anyone?
just test positive on sat which is only dpo11... hopefully it a sticky bean hehe

Hello cheryl81, my edd date is early April too. :) in 7 weeks now.
Was feeling nausea before weeks but today, vomitted whatever I ate.
Anyone experience this?

hopefully will feel better after 12weeks. :)

Hello cheryl81, my edd date is early April too. :) in 7 weeks now.
Was feeling nausea before weeks but today, vomitted whatever I ate.
Anyone experience this?

hopefully will feel better after 12weeks. :)
Hi, I'm a first time mum with EDD on April 2013 too. Been having dizzy spell every morning and feel like sleeping at work. I keep feeling slight abdomen pain, do u babe have it too?

xiuxiu

Hi Tomatoning,

Sometimes I do feel slight cramp too. I asked a fren who has a yr old baby; she said it is normal as your tummy might be expanding.

If it is on and off, slight cramp, it is fine. However, if you experience sharp pain or for quite a while, you may need to check with your gynae?

pigletbao

Hi xiuxiu,

Me too. Threw up most of the food that goes in and have already lost 3kg. :( it started in week 6 for me and am almost 8 weeks.

However, have been eating real small meals throughout the day, almost like snacking every 1-2hr n it helps. Key is to not let urself go hungry or overeat during your meals and the food will stay down. I find food that are easily digested like fruits, soup, biscuit and milo, tend to have a higher 'success rate' of not coming back up. Try it and I hope it works for u too! :)

pigletbao

Hi Tomatoning,

I've got very bad dizzy spells too n have been on ML coz I don't feel fit to function at work. But don't worry, doesn't mean baby isn't healthy coz just went to the gynae yday and the baby was growing good!

But do let your gynae know and they might be able to prescribe u with some medication to ease it, like they did for me. Still trying out the med to see if it works...

xiuxiu

Hi xiuxiu,

Me too. Threw up most of the food that goes in and have already lost 3kg. :( it started in week 6 for me and am almost 8 weeks.

However, have been eating real small meals throughout the day, almost like snacking every 1-2hr n it helps. Key is to not let yourself go hungry or overeat during your meals and the food will stay down. I find food that are easily digested like fruits, soup, biscuit and milo, tend to have a higher 'success rate' of not coming back up. Try it and I hope it works for you too! :)
Hi pigletbao,

My vomiting is on and off. Today have, tomorrow don't have.
This morning vomited too even without any food or drink. I think its the acid from stomach.

But i think this is common as one of the MS. And I heard my fren say, vomiting is good. Means, your baby is healthy! haha! I hope its true!

ynove

Hello April 2013 mummies,

Just to wave and say hi! My due date is supposed to be April 6 next year. After a miscarriage at the beginning of this year, I'm hoping that the baby will be well and full-term this time.

Had slight spotting last week, and doctor prescribed Duphaston (a proestrogen pill to support uterine lining) and my gosh, my vomitting and dizzy spells went turbo two-fold! Now that I'm off Duphaston it isn't so bad.

Xiuxiu amd pigletbao,
I have bad MS - nauseous for entire day. The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is to eat two dry biscuits or crackers. For me, Jacobs Weetameal does the trick. And like pigletbao says, small meals throughout the day. In the afternoon, I try to make my snacks fruits and non-oily stuff.

At night after dinner, I usually have indigestion and heartburn/reflux (very common in pregnant women because of relaxing of stomach and intestinal muscles). Ginger tea with a bit of honey usually soothes the heartburn, while peppermint tea helps digestion. So I decided that dinner must be early! Cos the bloatedness/indigestion/heartburn make me unable to sleep at night. I bought pure dried ginger tea bags from Cedele - they work well.

Going for second scan next Mon. Hoping to see little paddle-like limbs at 8 weeks, after we saw a good strong heartbeat at 6 weeks for the first scan. Wish me luck!

pigletbao

Hihi ynove!

Thanks for the tip on where to get the ginger tea bags! :) Was previously on Utrogestone (also a progesterone pill) and my nausea and dizziness were real bad! On Duphaston now, tg with another med, and the symptoms seem to be easing a little but still can't bring myself out of the house for too long...

P.s Had a miscarriage earlier this yr too (in April) so i know exactly how u feel...:( My EDD is April 5!

ynove

Hi pigletbao,

My miscarriage was in late March, so the timing was quite close to yours. And your EDD is just a day before mine! Who's your gynae?

My pregnancy this time has way more symptoms than the previous one - i really don't feel like going to work every day. Haha. Easily tired, nauseous all the time, poor appetite, picky with food, dizzy spells. Now that i stopped spotting, i stopped the Duphaston.

Even taking the MRT is a challenge now - because of motion sickness and all types of smells! Very sensitive to smells now.

pigletbao

I'm seeing Dr Quek from Tow Yung Clinic. A very nice elderly dr whom I'm very comfortable with as he's a Christian too. :) What about you?

I can completely empathise with what you are going through. I had a blighted ovum earlier this yr so the symptoms this time have upped a few notches! I feel faint when I'm out for too long so am only returning to work a little later. I haven't been spotting so the progesterone med are more for safety's sake due to an earlier miscarriage. Is it your first kid too? :) Take care and all the best for your upcoming scan! I just had mine yday...

Hello! Tested positive on 13 August, LMP was 30 June, have a 44 days cycle, anyone with similar experience? Kinda scared actually... Have very rapid heartbeat and fatigue all the time, not sure if I could get hospitalisation leave to stay at home for the next few weeks. But I'm very tired and dizzy, and I don't feel like eating, nauseous but never vomit. Really hope first tri will be over soon!

xiuxiu

Hello April 2013 mummies,

Just to wave and say hi! My due date is supposed to be April 6 next year. After a miscarriage at the beginning of this year, I'm hoping that the baby will be well and full-term this time.

Had slight spotting last week, and doctor prescribed Duphaston (a proestrogen pill to support uterine lining) and my gosh, my vomitting and dizzy spells went turbo two-fold! Now that I'm off Duphaston it isn't so bad.

Xiuxiu amd pigletbao,
I have bad MS - nauseous for entire day. The first thing I do when I wake up in the morning is to eat two dry biscuits or crackers. For me, Jacobs Weetameal does the trick. And like pigletbao says, small meals throughout the day. In the afternoon, I try to make my snacks fruits and non-oily stuff.

At night after dinner, I usually have indigestion and heartburn/reflux (very common in pregnant women because of relaxing of stomach and intestinal muscles). Ginger tea with a bit of honey usually soothes the heartburn, while peppermint tea helps digestion. So I decided that dinner must be early! Cos the bloatedness/indigestion/heartburn make me unable to sleep at night. I bought pure dried ginger tea bags from Cedele - they work well.

Going for second scan next Mon. Hoping to see little paddle-like limbs at 8 weeks, after we saw a good strong heartbeat at 6 weeks for the first scan. Wish me luck!
Hi ynove!

My EDD is the same date as you! hehe!

I went to see the gynae when I was in 4th weeks, and since then, he prescribed Duphaston and Folic Acid. He said, Duphaston is something like "an tai yao", to stable the baby.. but never mention any side effects after taking it.

Since then, I have tasteless tongue and guess this cause nausea too.

I will be back to gynae on my 10th weeks to see my baby again :)

By the way, which hospital will you guys going to? Mine will be Thomson. :)

pigletbao

Welcome autumnfall! :) My nausea n giddiness were really bad starting week 6 n as I'm entering week 8, the symptoms seem to be subsiding a little. Could be due to changes in med or just generally...Not sure if it's a gd or bad thg tho but baby as of Wed is healthy. :) Not too sure if they can give HL so early in the pg. Mine has been outpatient sick leave these while and have busted my 14 days limit liao. :(

Xiuxiu - Planning gleneagles if all goes well! Ur gynae fr Thomson? :)

Aprilaries

Hello all!

I just went for my first checkup yest. EDD: 11th April. can see baby's heart beat!

Having MS like bloatedness and nausea too.. Gotta eat small bits every few hours..

Thanks pigletbao, I have exhausted 12 days of my mc too, only left with 2 more days... Stressed:err: hope can get hospitalisation leave, i haven't settle with any gynae yet, heard positive reviews bout Mt Alvernia, any feedbacks MTB?

And congrats Aprilaries!!! Good for u, I haven't had chance to hear my baby's heartbeat yet, only did a transviginal scan where I saw a sac and a yolk and a flipping cell, lol, but still excited though...

I guess I shld be going to my 7 weeks Aldy, just wana ask u ladies, who did u reveal ur pregnancy too? I only told my mum, sis, two other colleagues and two other BFs and of cuz my hubby :)

Didnt let my Mother- in - law knw yet cuz usually is my mum cooking... We plan to tell MIL after 3 mths, do u think that we r being rude? Hmm cuz my MIL kinda big mouth, I scared if I lose the baby I don't knw how to break the news without lettin the whole world knows...

Aprilaries

autumnfall, thanks!

i told my immediate family and in laws plus one best friend.

hmm, initially i also afraid that my MIL will tell other people so i told her now not 3 mths yet cant spread this news. she also understand.

i also heard that mt Alvernia is good as in the staff are helpful and friendly.

my no# 1 was at TMC. everything was good except that the staff not so helpful in terms of breastfeeding.

pigletbao

Hi Aprilaries, congrats! It's really quite an exhilarating experience hearing the bb's heartbeat! :) Comforting too, at least for me.

Autumnfall - u can check out the threads on gynae to see if there's any who is suitable for u? Not too sure abt Mt Alvernia so can't help much.

As for who I've told abt my pg - my and husband's immediate families, selected close friends and bosses (due to changes in wk arrgmt arising from my recent ML). I did let them know to keep it to themselves as the pg has not stablised. I guess they completely understand where i'm coming from as I had a mc earlier this yr.

xiuxiu

Hi Aprilaries! Congrats! It's really amazing when you heard the bb heartbeat eh.. hehe. I felt that when I saw his/her heartbeat. Haha.

Pigletbao, my gynecologist clinic is at Chong Pang and he helps deliver at Thomson & Mount Alvernia.
So we chose Thomson. :)

Autumnfall, I have told my boss, my parents, my in laws and 3 close friends abt my pg. Same here, I told them to keep low profile of my pg during these 3 months. And they understand.
Have no choice not to tell my boss, if not he might misunderstand why I'm taking mc and leave so often.
Haha.

Lady Jess

Hi Everyone!
I had my first visit to the doctor last week and was prescribed Duphaston, 20 mg per day for 14 days. My pregnancy is still at an early stage... approaching week 5. I don't have noticeable side effects yet. For those who have been prescribed Duphaston, has your doctor explained the reason why and if it was due to your history of miscarriage?