EDD Apr 2013

alag

Morning all!

Xiuxiu, does ginger tea really help with nausea? How about ginger ale, do you know?

April, me too! I used to hate OJ but now it seems like the healthy alternative as I am craving sweets non stop. Last 2 weeks I puked out anything sweet especially chocolate and now all I want are sweets.

alag

April, yeah I heard we need more vitamin d too because it helps with absorption of calcium.

Being a stay home mom is so boring :( are you all mostly working?

xiuxiu

Hi alag, I feel better drinking ginger tea and some mint sweet. Ginger ale, I nv try eh.. so not so sure.

And yea, Im working :)

Hi all... Wow the thread is moving fast... I got hospitalised yesterday for abdomen pain, doc issued two weeks of hospitalisation leave. Actually I wan to extend it till the end of nov, any idea if hospitalisation leave can be extended?

Otherwise, I will have to go on no pay leave which is subjected to approval... But I really don't feel like working especially when my job is rather physically straining...

Anyways, got admitted to KK and took up the oscar scan with subsidies over there, think its within 100dollars. Those interested can call for an appt too, I intend to do my Oscar scan at KK but follow up at Mt Alvernia. My experience with KK the last two days was rather bad... Nurses were very friendly and nice, but they are too inexperienced and they don't seemed to understand English. I wanted a cup of milo and it took them 1 hr to get it... Originally wanted KK cuz it seems to be cheaper but after this experience, guess I will just stay with Mt Alvernia lol...

alag

Hi autumn, hope you are feeling better! Did they say why there was abdominal pain?

Sorry to hear that your time at KK was unpleasant though. I was treated like royalty when I was there in August and so I am sticking with them.. But hearing your negative experience is making me think otherwise :(

aprillier

Hi Aprilaris.... my edd is on 12-Apr n is also my birthday (1 day after yr edd). This is my first pregnancy and is feeling very excited. ♥

However been having very bad night sickness (btw 7-9pm) will vomit no matter I hv any dinner. Felt so sick but the lucky thing is this night sickness will not disrupt my work.

I have problem I drinking plain water. Any advice or recommendation for me? My gynae disallow me to drink sugared drinks due to weight problem.

Last edited:

pigletbao

Autumnfall - Oh no, hope all is well now? Pls get a gd rest these two weeks! HL can be extended but they can be a bit 'stingy' with it. Try to ask n let them know ur not ready to go back to work yet, given ur present condition. Or if really can't, ask for light duty mc if it helps. I was caught in a similar situation after my miscarriage in April as my job is quite physically demanding too. :(( That's why I'm not looking forward to going back next week when my medical leave is up. Hoping to get it extended too or go on no-pay leave...still can't quite cope with getting out of the house. Sigh.

Alag - Yupyup! Am working too (not at present moment since I'm on medical leave). Ur a SAHM? So ur expecting ur 2nd? :))

aprillier

I heard to do Oscar test at Thomson medical is better (machine wise newer i think). But my gynae having a clinic at Mt alvernia also recommend me to go kk. Perhaps could be the collaborations between the hospitals. U take good care autumnfall ♡

pigletbao

Aprillier - try soy milk or fruit juice? Or maybe put a little lemon in your plain water? I find the smell of lemons removes my nausea, which is strange coz I have a very low threshold for sour stuff!

Hi all I'm fine but doc couldn't explain why there is abdomen pain, hmm jus asked me to stay in bed and not move Arnd too much. I actually also have nosebleed and vomited for the first time on the day I got admitted. Is nose bleeding common? Anyone else had it? I never had any nosebleeds my entire life.

Actually KK is fine, jus that maybe I was at B2 ward so nurses are newer and inexperienced. They were very nice and caring though but I will still stick to Mt Alvernia. Oh ya I feel that machines at KK not as sensitive, the pics taken of my baby is rather blur, so guess the Oscar scan

May not be as accurate but I'm still going to KK though. I believe the down syndrome test is one of probability so I guess it really doesn't matter if the machine isn't as new?

Will definitely ask for more hosp leave since its an entitlement lol, I want to make the full use of it lol...

alag

Aprillier, my chiropractic doctor does not allow his wife to drink sweet stuff too during pregnancy. He actually suggested boiling ginger in water... Since all the girls suggest ginger tea, perhaps that could work for your nausea. :)

Autumn, do take extra care! I had abdominal pains when I went running so I stopped for a while... Bed rest is very important. I hope you feel better soon!

aprillier

Pigletbao & Alag ~ okie will try the drinks. Hopefully can find a solution to it fast. I have been drinking less than 4 cups a day n my urine is super yellowish.

Worst still I was down with fever, flu, cough and sorethorat a week back. Now is slowly recovering n only has cough n many flam. Perhaps just start with soy milk n fruit juice or squeeze lemon into my drink first. Pick up ginger after I hv fully recover. ♡

Autumnfall - dun worry as long as u can hear n see the baby through the oscar test will be fine. Most importantly rest well n both u n baby r fine. Could the nosebleed be due to heaty? Mayb can avoid taking heaty food first and monitor.

I was back at the gynae 1 week back n told her that I do not opt for the "Oscar test". Reasons being is result is by probability. Heard cases whereby result is 1:150 but baby is out healthy n fine. Having mixed feeling again shld I go for this test. But doc did say my risk is lesser at my age.

Also been having very bad pain in stomach n my baby heartbeat only appear in my week 9 scan. I was terribly worried n even cried I front of my gynae when I finally see my baby's heartbeat. This pregnancy really make me so worried due to all the negative news: bad pain due to "apnotic", heartbeat nv appear by week 10 must make decision to abort... so I am really not prepared to go for Oscar test.

Last edited:

Aprilaries

oh no.. autumnfall, hope you are feeling better. do rest more.

aprillier, welcome! ur bd and edd on the same day? hehe. im super related to april.. my son and i were born in april. my 2nd one also due in april. haha..my edd is one day after my bd.

Hi aprillier.. Am happy for u too that ur bb heartbeat appeared. Am going for my checkup next Tuesday really hope bb is developing well.

bb healthy is most important...so from now on I shall aim to eat healthily...but really hard to resist cravings for fast food sometimes :( Only 8 weeks and I am showing a tummy already

alag

Littlebluecinders, me too... 9 weeks an I have gone from size 6 to in between 8-10. Does anyone know where I can get those extendable clips for the bra?

Hi alag, not sure where to buy those extendable bra clips..I have been wearing genie bras and they are v comfortable and stretchable..still fits well even now when I'm pregnant.

Aprilaries

Alag, you can get from departmental stores, the section selling bras. Alternatively, can get from spring maternity. But i think more exp.