EDD Apr 2013

Aprillier don't worry, I have bad stomach and abdomen pain too, doc says its v normal during first trimester unless accompanied by bleeding. Ya I know what u mean, I saw my baby's heartbeat and i nearly cried, was very glad baby is ok...

Oh ya is ginger tea good? Those supermarket packet kind is fine too?

Ebelle

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum, just joined today. Read all the interesting things on this thread that everyone has shared. As I have been trying to get pregnant for over 1 year, I researched a lot and would like to share what I know of some of the items mentioned:

1) The strip of yellow/green thing that they make us urine on at the clinic for each visit is to check for sugar and protein in our urine. This will let them know if we have pregnancy diabetes, urinary tract infection or pre-eclampsia (can cause high blood pressure, liver failure etc) The earlier the doctors know about it, the better they can treat us, so its important to pee on that little strip at every doc visit!

2) Orange juice - Can drink orange juice, but try to get those with added calcium as the vit C will help us to absorb the calcium better.

3) pre-natal vits - only need to start on this from week 12 onwards. Before that, the most important thing is folic acid, which I believe all of us are taking.

4) Shopping in USA - My mother and brother live in USA and I have to say everything is cheaper there! If we want to organise a bulk purchase shopping spree, definitely can be done and I would be happy to help coordinate it!

5) Bra extenders - I bought my bra extenders from 6 weeks as my breasts suddenly expanded! I bought mine at those lingerie shop... very cheap, around $3 only. Very useful as it means I can still wear my bras and don't need to buy new ones until later on.

6) Gynae - I am seeing Dr CC Khong in KKH and am looking forward to giving birth there. I had stayed there 2 years ago in A ward during a fibroids removal surgery. I stayed there for 1 week and had a very good experience. The nurses were helpful, friendly and took very good care of me.

A bit about me: I am a first time mommy. I am also a lesbian in a long term committed relationship with my partner. We decided to have children together and did at home artificial insemination. it took us 16 months to get pregnant, so this baby means a lot to us. We decided not to take the OSCAR test as even if the child has downs syndrome, we will not abort.

I have had pretty bad morning sickness since 6 weeks and have lost 5 kg since then. Hoping that the nausea will go away in the 2nd trimester and I can start enjoying the foods that I love!

Happy to meet everyone here and let's have a fun and enjoyable pregnancy together :)

MrsS

Hello ladies! N hello Ebelle! Happy to meet you too. :)

Bulk purchase shopping spree sounds very very good :))
Keep me updated when you are organizing one!
My parents in law lives in Canada but I m not sure it's as cheap as in US due to the strong Canadian dollar... After conversion might not be that attractive any more....

Alag : I saw once in marks n Spencer shop the bra extenders I think....

alag

Welcome ebelle!

MrsS and the rest, thanks! Think I'd head out later to buy the bra strap. I am barely breathing right with the tightness! Lol

Hope everyone's Monday is going great!

pigletbao

Hi all! On drip now at the gynae's clinic coz have been losing weight these while n gynae wants to replenish nutrients in my body. But on a brighter note, baby is real active! Turning n waving! Hee. Can't wait to see the baby again in 2 weeks! :))

alag

Piglet, how many weeks are you? Must be nice to see the baby moving about! :)
Sorry to hear that you have to be on drip! Do take extra care!!

Oh pigletbao do take cAre!!! Hope ur leave gets extended!!! U having serious MS? Usually first tri pple lose weight due to morning sickness, don't worry it will all go alway in 2nd tri, endure!!!

Well at least baby is healthy, can even turn and wave, so cuttteeee!!!! Hehe

aprillier

Hi aprillier.. Am happy for u too that ur bb heartbeat appeared. Am going for my checkup next Tuesday really hope bb is developing well.

bb healthy is most important...so from now on I shall aim to eat healthily...but really hard to resist cravings for fast food sometimes :( Only 8 weeks and I am showing a tummy already

Littlebluecinders ~ yeah healthy baby is important. It's great that you have the motivation to eat healthily.

I have cravings to eat fried food occasionally.

Yeah my tummy is showing too very obvious. No working clothes can hide anymore.

aprillier

oh no.. autumnfall, hope you are feeling better. do rest more.

aprillier, welcome! ur bd and edd on the same day? hehe. im super related to april.. my son and i were born in april. my 2nd one also due in april. haha..my edd is one day after my bd.
U are really super related to month of 'April' ♡ congrats to you aprilaries ....

pigletbao

Thanks all for the warm wishes! :)) Am 11w2d today! Have lost 4kg in the last 5 weeks n don't have high hopes of MS subsiding anytime soon by the current look of it. Maybe i'll be one of the unfortunate ones to experience it throughout the pregnancy. :( But to see the baby healthy and active makes it all worthwhile. :)

Autumnfall - yup, got 2 more weeks of ml coz MS still real bad. U managed to get your HL extended?

Oh not yet, will only be going back to extend it during the follow up review by doc after these two weeks. Hope can find a gd reason by then to extend my leave... Wow... U lost 4kg? Hmm don't worry k, all of us gonna gain weight eventually so I believe ur MS gonna stop sometime in 2nd tri

Unfortunately, I have only been gaining weight unhealthily from lotsa high in fat and high in calories food... Hmm pregnant cannot eat fast food? But I have been eating KFC, mac...etc And to make matters worse, I crave for coke... V hard to resist drinking it, Lols...

Hehe not cannot eat but better dont eat so much...cos I read somewhere that whatever u eat will be passed to the bb...also first trimester shouldn't gain too much weight also... rightfully best is to gain around 1 to 2 kg... but I tink I have gained more than that already haha..

Very scared that I can't shed off the weight after giving birth :(

alag

Littlebluecinders, me too. Only 9 weeks in and I have gained 3 kg. I think I have a problem. Lol I am so worried about shedding the baby weight after birth. And now I am craving nothing but sushi.

Huh... 1 to 2kg!? Omg I exceeded that long ago lol... And I just ate mac in the afternoon... So guilty
must control! I bought apples Aldy, gonna eat an apple everyday lol...