EDD April Mummies

cherrybaby

Do we need to bring our own beverage (milo or red dates tea) during our stay in hospital? Cos i heard we cannot drink plain water after birth?
Hi Rukia,

The hospital will serve milo, right after birth, I was offered one. And I saw red date tea in the hospital menu (kkh). Not sure if they only serve it with meal or they have stock in the ward.

I delivered in the evening, and by the time I got to the ward, it was pretty late. No one could deliver any red date tea from home for me. I was only allowed to have sips of water through out the entire 12hr birthing process. And I am required to be able to pass urine 6hrs after birth.. My lips were cracked and throat was so dry.... I took lots of hot water that night. My mum brought me the red date tea the next day.

My confinement lady didnt say I cannot drink water when I got home, but told me to drink water only for the purpose of taking medication. And the water must be hot.

Rukia

Ya i am thinking if i need to bring my own or if hospital will provide whenever i want a drink. Cos i can drink quite alot of fluid per day. My mum told me not to drink plain water cos it will cause wind?!

cherrybaby

Ya i am thinking if i need to bring my own or if hospital will provide whenever i want a drink. Cos i can drink quite alot of fluid per day. My mum told me not to drink plain water cos it will cause wind?!
I don't feel any wind inside me though :D Me drank alot of water. At least 3 big cups for taking medicine & vitamins daily;)

You are going natural birth or scheduled c-sec? If natural, you dont really know when your baby is coming. Perhaps, you can get your family to boil the red date tea while you get admitted and then bring it to the hospital for you after you gave birth?

Rukia

I don't feel any wind inside me though :D Me drank alot of water. At least 3 big cups for taking medicine & vitamins daily;)

You are going natural birth or scheduled c-sec? If natural, you dont really know when your baby is coming. Perhaps, you can get your family to boil the red date tea while you get admitted and then bring it to the hospital for you after you gave birth?
Going for natural. But i heard that usually stay in hosp for only 2D1N? So i am thinking if i want to trouble my family to boil red dates tea for me.

cherrybaby

Going for natural. But i heard that usually stay in hosp for only 2D1N? So i am thinking if i want to trouble my family to boil red dates tea for me.
I gave birth quite late, so I stayed 2 nights. The nurse said if I gave birth in the morning/afternoon, I need to stay only 1 night. Which hospital are you going? Perhaps you can ring them up to check if they do have red date tea?

Rukia

I gave birth quite late, so I stayed 2 nights. The nurse said if I gave birth in the morning/afternoon, I need to stay only 1 night. Which hospital are you going? Perhaps you can ring them up to check if they do have red date tea?
I am going to tmc.

Huafen83

Hi rukia, I think may be can ask the hospital for Milo. Like cherrybaby says u dunno when u give birth. So may be if u really need to drink can ask for Milo. If not u also can call up TMC n ask if they provide red date tea :) coz even they do they may give the flask at a certain timing then after tat no more serving le.

I give birth at glen e. They serve a flask of red date tea during lunch time onli.

Huafen83

Hi everyone..

My edd is on 28th apr.. No signs/contraction at all so far, wondering how's contracting feels like.. As the date get nearer my hubby leave is running out soon too.. I thinking to go for inducing.. Hope for a smooth and safe one..
Hihi u will experience like menses cramp. N the pain comes n goes. Got interval de. For me when I experiences it, my tummy will tightens then after tat menses cramp. The pain will over fast n then come again at a certain interval. So If u have such pain wif fixed interval n comes every 5 mins. Need to prepare n go hospital :)

jia you! All the best.

nyati22

Hi ladies.. My EDD came and go on the 27th.. I have scheduled for induction on labour day! But I'm still hoping for baby to pop naturally!! However, still no 5mins interval contractions till now.. :(

Huafen83

Hi nyati, all the best to u. Try to eat watever u wan the next few days n enjoy ur sleep too. Coz once bb is out u will miss the day where u can rest as n when u like le :)

rashescinderella

Huafen83:645444 said:
Hi peach06, mucus plug drop sometime will happen few days b4 real labour. U monitor ur contractions first. Unless got other shows like bloody discharge or waterbag burst then admit.
Hi mummies,

i just woke up n see see brownish discharge tinged with lil bit pinkish blood. Feel lower back ache n lil contractions like braxton. So i shld wait til e real contractions come den i go hospital right? TIA

Suggest you call the hospital and it look like a "show"... then should go to hospital.. better be safe.

Hi mummies,

i just woke up n see see brownish discharge tinged with lil bit pinkish blood. Feel lower back ache n lil contractions like braxton. So i shld wait til e real contractions come den i go hospital right? TIA

nyati22

Hi nyati, all the best to u. Try to eat watever u wan the next few days n enjoy ur sleep too. Coz once bb is out u will miss the day where u can rest as n when u like le :)
Thanks Huafen83!
That's wat my mom and mommy frens been telling me.. Guess I have less than 2 days left to 'enjoy' the 'singlehood' Hehehe!!! At the same time feels soooo anxious for baby's arrival!!!

magdalenechoo

Congratulations to all April Mummies / Mummies to be!
:red:

Excited & anticipating to your precious little ones' arrival to this beautiful world?

By now, you should already heard / know / agreed that Breast Milk is the best for your child!

To Mummies who intend to Breastfeed their babies for short-term!
eg. intending to stop after resuming to work

Why pay hundreds of dollars for a breast pump which you will only use for a few months? Consider renting MEDELA breast pumps from us at affordable rates! :)

Refer to Renting Pump
for choice of pumps & rates!

Alternatively, pls pm / whatsapp / sms to 9879 5299 for faster response!
Happy Breastfeeding, Mummies / Mummies-to-be! Strive on!
:001_302:

Dilys

Thanks Huafen83!
That's wat my mom and mommy frens been telling me.. Guess I have less than 2 days left to 'enjoy' the 'singlehood' Hehehe!!! At the same time feels soooo anxious for baby's arrival!!!
Hi nyati,

Have A smooth delivery !!! :) treasure the moments even every hour before popping.. When baby is out !! Sleepless nights!! Jia you !!!

Hi Dilys,

Congrates.. so just 4 days earlier than EDD... how is the life of motherhood now? Hope you and your family enjoy every moment with your little prince :) My EDD is on 19th May .. another 18 days to go.. :)

Please take good care of yourself and have plenty of rest then share with us about your experience when you are free :)

Hi clearbluesky,

I m Gd :) just given birth to my baby boy on 19 April. My edd was 23 April. :) how abt u??? Have u delivered??