EDD April Mummies

adelynn

Wanna Dress Your Pretty Baby/Kids & Yourself Up? Or Want to Find Something Unique for Give Aways to Friends & Family?
Want Something Unique or a Matching Set?
Personalized HairBows, HairClips, HairTies for Girls
Personalized LanYards, Pacifier Clips, Toy Clips & Bib Clips for Kids
Matching HairBows & Daily Wear for Adults
Please Visit HairBows With a Twist @ HairBows With a Twist | Facebook
Like Us to Enjoy 10% Discount!

Huafen83

Ya I also prefer male Gynae. Most females r mode rough becoz they think they been through so if they can do it y we can't. I sacred ppl to be rough to me. I sacred I will kick them off. my current Gynae also very fatherly. Watever steps he going to do to my bottom he will let me know too. N if I have any discomfort. He will applogise. Stitching also gd :) previously he was from kkh. Now he came out n do for his own practise. He is now operates in gleneagles thus I will also deliver there too. Coz my first thinking come to my mind is if I will be delivering during weekdays he will juz need to come up from downstairs rather than travel haha

Jofeny

If your gynae didn't mention, you should ask her. Go for the test to play safe ! At least u know you are fine.. Gestional diabetes falls on all types of mummies, wherther you are underweight, averge or overweight.

If discovered later... Baby might come out premature.

Come on its just a glucose test... What's more compare to giving birth... :) Jia you
Oh missed out your question. I dun think my gynae booked for my bed yet. Didn't know shd book so early. I will ask her next month.

I haven't really started to buy anything yet. Only bought bottles/warmer/sterilizer n a few pieces of clothing. That's it.

My Fren already finished buying everything by detailed scan. Ha... I think we apr mummies mostly all boys, think shopping is not so exciting I guess. Hee hee.

Dilys

Oh missed out your question. I dun think my gynae booked for my bed yet. Didn't know shd book so early. I will ask her next month.

I haven't really started to buy anything yet. Only bought bottles/warmer/sterilizer n a few pieces of clothing. That's it.

My Fren already finished buying everything by detailed scan. Ha... I think we apr mummies mostly all boys, think shopping is not so exciting I guess. Hee hee.
For next year .. It's better to book earlier.. Dragon year!

Huafen83

Ya for bb boy nothing much to buy. But if manage to find nice clothes muz grab it coz really hard to find. Me juz use back my no.1 boy clothes. But will be buying new clothes for him to discharge n mittens. :) to be fair to both haha. Both got new clothes when discharge.
Wow diliys u make a very gd pt. I muz go n book mine after I did my detailed scan. If not like u says dragon year!

Dilys

Ya for bb boy nothing much to buy. But if manage to find nice clothes muz grab it coz really hard to find. Me juz use back my no.1 boy clothes. But will be buying new clothes for him to discharge n mittens. :) to be fair to both haha. Both got new clothes when discharge.
Wow diliys u make a very gd pt. I muz go n book mine after I did my detailed scan. If not like u says dragon year!
My gynae told me that day during my detailed scan. I told him I want to deliver at mount a. He told me straight good.. I booked for you then you go for your hospital tour and pre natal course there. :) don't book now later no space already.

Dilys

Ya I agree .. Boyboy nothing interesting to buy ! Save $$ .

Jofeny

My gynae told me that day during my detailed scan. I told him I want to deliver at mount a. He told me straight good.. I booked for you then you go for your hospital tour and pre natal course there. :) don't book now later no space already.
oh my gynae only delivers in TMC and i already paid for my package until delivery. i dun think based on that she can proceed to book right?

But she never ask me how many bedded im going for leh.. how abt u girls? sharing rooms or single bedded? I think im v spoilt leh.. before im preggy i already tell my hubby i need him be with me ALL the time before and after i give birth in hospital. i say i dun wan to be left alone there... so if he were to stay with me, no choice got to be single bedded.

just a few months ago my fren delivered and she booked a 2-bedded room. she checked in afternoon ard 12pm after delivery and the next mummy joined her at 12am, the other mum jus delivered after a long labour. and sadly, the hubby is being chased out of the room cos visiting hours is over. i think so sad.. u spent so much time pushing and pushing.. then finally out, and happy.. then hubby got to be chased home..

i know im spolit lah.. haha.. i jus think giving birth is like the MOST IMPT event of my life (its not even wedding) apart from my BIRTHDAY itself, the day i was born. i really wan to be treated with respect and be showered with love and attention.

Dilys

oh my gynae only delivers in TMC and i already paid for my package until delivery. i dun think based on that she can proceed to book right?

But she never ask me how many bedded im going for leh.. how abt u girls? sharing rooms or single bedded? I think im v spoilt leh.. before im preggy i already tell my hubby i need him be with me ALL the time before and after i give birth in hospital. i say i dun wan to be left alone there... so if he were to stay with me, no choice got to be single bedded.

just a few months ago my fren delivered and she booked a 2-bedded room. she checked in afternoon ard 12pm after delivery and the next mummy joined her at 12am, the other mum jus delivered after a long labour. and sadly, the hubby is being chased out of the room cos visiting hours is over. i think so sad.. u spent so much time pushing and pushing.. then finally out, and happy.. then hubby got to be chased home..

i know im spolit lah.. haha.. i jus think giving birth is like the MOST IMPT event of my life (its not even wedding) apart from my BIRTHDAY itself, the day i was born. i really wan to be treated with respect and be showered with love and attention.

Hi jofeny,

The amount you paid till delivery is your monthly gynae visit till birth. No including hospital stay.. Usually they will not booked for you if you never requested. As some mummies may visit the gynae at TCM and choose to deliver @ other hospital.

Haha .. I am going to take 4 bedded stay. My mentality is always .. I just need a place for delivering my baby that's all. Wouldn"t want to spend extra few hundred to stay on a single bed or 2 bed. My hubby won"t with me in the hospital also.. Cos" basically we thinks that after all giving birth I will be spending my night resting, so not point again wasting another few hundred for my hubby"s stay. (extra bed & meals)

My hubby & I think that we would rather spend the few hundred to buy baby stuff or a hoilday hotel stay (*not hospital stay) after delivery. Hehe we think it's more worth it!

My hubby told me that after delivery, he will keep me accompany till after visiting hours, goes back home and prepared (*clean up the house) to welcome back to our house. Beside that he will cooked some confinement food for me whenever he come visiting me so he took me .. he needs time to prepare & stuff.

Oh ya .. My hubby was telling me that he will boil red date drink for me to drink once after my delivery everyday for one month.. No drinking of plain water. I think that's good also... Red date drink they always tell me it's good for "replenish" the lost of blood.

:) i also like him to have some time of his own to rest as the arrival of baby will be overwhelming for him..some of his own time to think & absorb what should he do when baby goes home. :)

:) I can ask to have baby to sleep with me.. So I don't think I need my hubby. At least I can spent some quiet moments with my little boy... Just the 2 of us .... Haha...

Choose what is best for you ... Jia you !!

Last edited:

Huafen83

I also going to opt for 2 bedded stay. At 4 bedded I onli sacred of the toilet hygience. Coz other than patients they visitors will be using it. For no. 1 I stay in 1 bedded at kkh my hubby really there for me when I need him. But now I got experience le n won't be delivering at kkh so will choose 2 bedded. Mentality same as diliys. Juz stay there for a few days n go home. :)
diliys juz one advice my own opinion. If possible during hospital stay at nite try to let bb sleep at nursury. Try to rest as much as possible. Coz when u go back wif bb u won't have gd rest le.

Dilys

I also going to opt for 2 bedded stay. At 4 bedded I onli sacred of the toilet hygience. Coz other than patients they visitors will be using it. For no. 1 I stay in 1 bedded at kkh my hubby really there for me when I need him. But now I got experience le n won't be delivering at kkh so will choose 2 bedded. Mentality same as diliys. Juz stay there for a few days n go home. :)
diliys juz one advice my own opinion. If possible during hospital stay at nite try to let bb sleep at nursury. Try to rest as much as possible. Coz when u go back wif bb u won't have gd rest le.
Hi huafen,

Thanks for the advice ! Ya that's what my hubby say also ! :) hehe .. See how it's goes ..

princessminn

Hello all mummies!
Having baby boys really nth to buy!>.<
DS2 using bk DS1 everything,but gonna buy him new romper,mittens n booties for discharge to b fair.
Juz make e two boys one new blanket each to b fair.
Everything gonna b fair from now on.-.-" *Headache*

Anyone wif princess here?
I bought one romper way b4 i noe e gender,hoping bb will b a girl.
Anyone wans it?:)
Drop mi a pm ya!:)

Jofeny

ya, think maybe first one single bed.. maybe if got subsequent one will have more confidence ba.. hee hee...

Ya lo Dilys, and you not getting CL somemore, better get more rest... =)

Dilys

ya, think maybe first one single bed.. maybe if got subsequent one will have more confidence ba.. hee hee...

Ya lo Dilys, and you not getting CL somemore, better get more rest... =)
:) ya I m not going to have a CL, as my sister in law will be doing confinement for me. My mum will come and help me to look after baby :) so I have no worries. I have lots of time to rest during confinement with all the helps.

Dilys

Nope. My mum will be doing it for me. So i dun have to worry abt the taste of the food coz mum knows the best for me hehe. Think if wan to book cL muz be fast too. Some gd CL kanna grab Liao hahaa
So nice right to have someone close to do confinement. Haha my mum don't know how to cook.. She volunteer to bathe baby everyday. :) lucky to have my sis in law (she was once a CL in Malaysia), she can cook very well.. :) safe the hassle to worry so much to hire any CL.

Nowadays .. CL are expensive ... Some are good.but. Some spoilt market ones. I got friends who encounter those "spoilt market" ones. Suddenly run away after 1week... Somemore they pay the fully salary already.

Really can't imagine .. How will it be like during the 1 mth confinement .... :)

Jofeny

So nice right to have someone close to do confinement. Haha my mum don't know how to cook.. She volunteer to bathe baby everyday. :) lucky to have my sis in law (she was once a CL in Malaysia), she can cook very well.. :) safe the hassle to worry so much to hire any CL.

Nowadays .. CL are expensive ... Some are good.but. Some spoilt market ones. I got friends who encounter those "spoilt market" ones. Suddenly run away after 1week... Somemore they pay the fully salary already.

Really can't imagine .. How will it be like during the 1 mth confinement .... :)
I actually enquired for 2 different CL n compare.

The first one wan to charge me 2700 n when I talk to her, she tell me she dun do housework, dun cook for my hubby, only cater to baby n me only. Can hear she v inflexible lor.

The second one was much better 2300. I ask her the same questions, she say cook for my hubby no problem, cos she needs to eat too, so she will cook more. But if the taste my hubby dun like or I dun like my food must tell her. Then she say wash hubby clothes also no problem as long as I dun expect handwash. She say throw in washing machine no problem at all. Housework she say once she free will definitely help. Wa, n when I talk to her I'm tired. Her action v fast, talk also v fast.. I only paid her 100 dollars deposit. N told her the rest of 2.2k will only give her on the last day, she say ok. Hope that she is ok, she looks ok though. She told me anything unhappy must say, dun bottle up. So jus hope no problem la. My Fren told me she is good.

I dun have anyone volunteer help me leh.. No choice got to engage. My mum v funny.. I asked her if wan to help me do confinement.. She tell me.. Jus go ahead n make all plans for the baby without involving or expecting her involment.. She wun b unhappy.. She will help as n when.. My both sides parents all v cool. Though baby is their first grandson lor. In fact I think the happiest person is my hubby for the bb.. Next is his granny. The rest all.. Oh u preggy ... *then continue whatever they doing*.. Haha

Dilys

I actually enquired for 2 different CL n compare.

The first one wan to charge me 2700 n when I talk to her, she tell me she dun do housework, dun cook for my hubby, only cater to baby n me only. Can hear she v inflexible lor.

The second one was much better 2300.
I ask her the same questions, she say cook for my hubby no problem, cos she needs to eat too, so she will cook more. But if the taste my hubby dun like or I dun like my food must tell her. Then she say wash hubby clothes also no problem as long as I dun expect handwash. She say throw in washing machine no problem at all. Housework she say once she free will definitely help. Wa, n when I talk to her I'm tired. Her action v fast, talk also v fast.. I only paid her 100 dollars deposit. N told her the rest of 2.2k will only give her on the last day, she say ok. Hope that she is ok, she looks ok though. She told me anything unhappy must say, dun bottle up. So jus hope no problem la. My Fren told me she is good.

I dun have anyone volunteer help me leh.. No choice got to engage. My mum v funny.. I asked her if wan to help me do confinement.. She tell me.. Jus go ahead n make all plans for the baby without involving or expecting her involment.. She wun b unhappy.. She will help as n when.. My both sides parents all v cool. Though baby is their first grandson lor. In fact I think the happiest person is my hubby for the bb.. Next is his granny. The rest all.. Oh u preggy ... *then continue whatever they doing*.. Haha
Wow.. $2700 is exp for a CL. $2300 also too gd to be true that she can do almost everything for you. Because usually the range about $1800-$2200 & CL only cook for you,take care of baby,wash baby clothes only) * anyway its a good deal!

Don't worry .. Since your friend tried it before.. U got to experience it yourself.. Depends on individual.

I am just pure luck to have lots of help.. till I find it abit overwhelming. This grandson is the youngest grandson on my hubby"s side ( haha my hubby is the youngest child in the family #no 11... Can u imagine?) My mum side.. This is the 1st grandson! (I m the eldest , I got 4 sisters & my dad dotes on me the most.)

Before..the gender known.. My sis already bought me some baby stuff (unisex colours)... My parents went shopping & already plan a list of things that they want to buy. Imagine they even know the price of all baby items in most of the shopping centre.)

I was like abit shocked.. Hmm cos" myself really hasn't really done anything. :(

My hubby got 5 sisters, so total 5 sis in laws.. All wants me to select which want to choose who to do confinement for me... Cos" they used to be CL in Malaysia & spore during the earlier days but now they are retired doing some baby sitting. All sisters cook very delicious food but i particularly like 3rd sis in law cooking. *so I chosen her.. I told everyone that I like her cooking!

Since they know I got preggie.. They start to dedicate among them .. Each to do somethings for me.. Like buy birdnest,cordyceps..called up my hubby to check if he boils for me.. Got me bathing herbals for baby & me... Even plan who to come and do housework for me during my confinement & after that who is going to baby sitter the baby.

Now already have a big bag of clothing from newborn to 12mths.. All bought by my sisters. Feel lucky.. But abit too overwhelming .. Cos" I am always very independent.. Suddenly everybody offer to help.... Hmm.. That feelings just don't know how to describe.

That time my sis in law came to visit me.. Imagine when we went out doing shopping. She don't even allow me to hold a bag of stuff everything she carry by herself .. Make me feel ......

I agree with you .. Jofeny. Looks like having more sibling sometimes it's a luxury.. At least one don't feel so lonely! Hehee.. Maybe after my No # 1 .. I will change my view to have a No #2.

Jia you ! I am sure your CL will be nice !

Last edited: