EDD Aug 2011

engel

Anyone have prob with Bb wanting to be rocked to bed? My Bb cries really hard to be rocked.
Heheh.. Yeah Adriana was that way... But she outgrew it on her own when she was a yr old... Alessandra is fine with just patting. But she loves a cuddle as well..:)

Lovely26

Juz wanna share my experience in regards to baby's sleep. When my boy was 0-1mth, he slept on bed (day & night) but it's always very short and at night he would cry till sleep due to his colic problem. After 1st mth, i decided to put baby sleep in the cradle as i feel that sleep is very important and essential to bb for brain development. I was kinda worry that if bb sleep on cradle (yao lan) then i might have issues if i bring bb out coz i can't bring cradle with me. However, I realize that i have been worrying and thinking too much.

As long as bb sleeps in the cradle in the day and sleep on the bed at night, they will not 100% relying on cradle or rather rock to sleep. Just that bb sleeping patterns change after sometimes, in the past bb might work on patting or rocking in our arm but after awhile, they might want other patterns. With the help of cradle in the day, i have more time to rest and do my own things. My bb will sleep 2 and half hours straight (during 3hourly feed) and i see a lot of different in my bb. He is happier and less cranky.....coz my bb has colic problem and I don't want him to cry day and night and ended with lots of gas trapped in his stomach to make his condition worse.

L

little peanut

any mummy has colic baby?

I guess mine is colicky as she will start to cry in the mid of the night. Once she starts to cry, there is no way to calm her down and usually she could cry for hours....

I heard from others that this kind of baby will cry less when they turn to 3 mths old, not sure how true it is, but i desperately wish she could get better asap...

engel

Didn't use Yao lAn as discouraged by paedri... Apparently contributes to SIDS and I've the fear of it collapsing from ceiling...:/ but using b bjorn babysitter that rocks gently when my bub moves...but not using it as a way to make her sleep, instead i place her in it when I need to do work arnd the house; so she could look at what I'm doing as well I can talk to her..:)

Adriana was colicky when she was a bub... Cryings at 7pm onwards ...Grew out of it abt 3-4 mths...

One way to ease her to sleep is actually to go for a night spin... She usually falls asleep , but troublesome and waste of petrol... Hehehe...am Greatful aless wasn't colicky like her sis...:/ would b more tedious to buckle in 2 kids just to make one stop crying and sleep...:/

engel

Shiny.... I didn't cut my girl's hair though... But have heard it's either done 1st or 6th month.... Something like that...

Lovely26

Haiz really give in to Yaolan? Hmm
Then now I try to store time lor. Can try wait till 4 mths
Jovin, it's reali depend on you. I started when bb is 5 weeks old bcoz he has 2 issues. Colic and got frightened badly by my sickening father in law who arranged renovation when bb is only 6 days old. The drilling causes a huge noise pollution that bb cannot sleep for long thereafter and keep crying in the day and at night, his colic will start attack him around 11pm plus........very poor thing.

I have many friends who put their children to yaolan too.....i have the same concern as you, afraid bb will rely on cradle if out or caused bb brain damage/concussion. Well, you dun rock bb that hard rite? I am using the electronic type so it's very convenient. If you wanna wait till 4mth later, then i suggest that no yaolan all the way.

Lovely26

any mummy has colic baby?

I guess mine is colicky as she will start to cry in the mid of the night. Once she starts to cry, there is no way to calm her down and usually she could cry for hours....

I heard from others that this kind of baby will cry less when they turn to 3 mths old, not sure how true it is, but i desperately wish she could get better asap...
Yup, my baby is colicky and he would cry and cry.....sigh. Brought baby to see 2nd pediatrician after 1mth of torturing and the pediatrician prescribe baby probiotics. Apparently, it helps after taken the probiotics.....not that 100% cure but at least baby's cry has shorten. Most of the time, my baby cried for around 1 hour but has shorten to 30mins. N during some good days, baby doesn't cry. It is very important that you must burp baby every feed even after baby cry and so that the gas will not trap in baby stomach.

I have read up a lot of article in regards to colic. If baby was down with colic, they will cry at certain timing almost daily. They will crunch their fist and straighten their leg.....these are the signs of colic attack. There is nothing to cure for colic except to help relieve by taking colic drop......and according to my pediatrician colic can stay in baby body for up to 6mth. If lucky 1mth....if not 3 month. My baby just turned 3 month and seem that colic still exist occasionally. But at least occasionally so not a problem......

When colic really attack your baby, dont't be panic or frustrated coz baby will feel your tension. Tell baby that she has to be brave and daddy/mommy will go thru the pain with her. I still rmbr, i carried my baby to sleep in my arm till the next day......days were really tough during 0mth.

Good Luck!!

Last edited:

jessmummy

mine was colicky at 3rd week but we managed to get her out of it by 6th week (crying from 12-2am).. i cant bear to let her cry her lungs out for any more than that.

i fed her in smaller meals, burp her, and set a bed time for her to get into. she managed to fix into the routine. and because we know her routine, we feed her 30mins before the bed time, so she is full and drowsy rather than screaming the house down due to colic hunger and sleepiness... now she naps 8-9pm, and her actual bed time is 1130 which can last till 8am, with 1-2 dream feeds in between.

oh.. we also spike her 730pm milk with ridwind.. but we didnt do it diligently so im not sure if it worked..
one thing for sure is we noticed she farts alot after i take the fenugreek (cos i also fart alot.. LOL)

L

little peanut

Yup, my bb is colicky and he would cry and cry.....haiz. Brought bb to see 2nd PD after 1mth of torturing and the PD prescribe bb probiotics. Apparently, it helps after taken the probiotics.....not that 100% cure but at least bb's cry has shorten. Most of the time, my bb cried for around 1 hour but has shorten to 30mins. N during some good days, bb doesn't cry. It is very important that you must burp bb every feed even after bb cry and so that the gas will not trap in bb stomach.

I have read up a lot of article in regards to colic. If bb was down with colic, they will cry at certain timing almost daily. They will crunch their fist and straighten their leg.....these are the signs of colic attack. There is nothing to cure for colic except to help relieve by taking colic drop......and according to my PD colic can stay in bb body for up to 6mth. If lucky 1mth....if not 3 month. My bb just turned 3 month and seem that colic still exist occasionally. But at least occasionally so not a problem......

When colic really attack your bb, don't be panic or frustrated coz bb will feel your tension. Tell bb that she has to be brave and daddy/mommy will go thru the pain with her. I still rmbr, i carried my bb to sleep in my arm till the next day......days were really though during 0mth.

Good Luck!!

Thank you, Lovely26. The lactation consultant from mount A said my baby is a colicky baby and i bought her gripe water from unity but it doesn't work very well for my baby, and my mother-in-law says gripe water has side effects so we have stopped using that. I've also read many articles related to colic baby, and tried many methods to calm her down, but none of them is very useful for the long run.

Anyway, after two months of this kind of experience, i get less panicky or frustrated. So i just hope baby could get better soon.

Lovely26

My colicky bb farts a lot too.....and surprisingly fart like adult...lol. Usually for bb gal, they heal faster. BB boy has shorter intestine, so it's easy to get it. My boy does not cry everyday after 1 month but it still stay in his body....O i gave my boy ridwind too, together with probiotics. Yes it helps now compares to bb during 0 mth. *phew*

Lovely26

Hi little peanut, I have tried many ways and myths too.....lol. Whatever people tell me what to do for colicky bb, i almost tried all of them. But I see different in bb after taken the probiotics so *phew* at least it helps. But pocket might burn a hole coz it cost are $42-$46 per bottle and last only 1mth. According to my PD, some bb absorb well and some do not so depend on individual bb. Luckily mine works.....

jovin83

Hi finally get to see a dr today! He say my boy is ok smile to the doc even. Now his mummy is so worn out that I got block duct! So painful :"( feverish now, I better stay away from him. Thanks gers for the comment.. I was really stressful.

L

little peanut

Hi little peanut, I have tried many ways and myths too.....lol. Whatever people tell me what to do for colicky bb, i almost tried all of them. But I see different in bb after taken the probiotics so *phew* at least it helps. But pocket might burn a hole coz it cost are $42-$46 per bottle and last only 1mth. According to my PD, some bb absorb well and some do not so depend on individual bb. Luckily mine works.....
Hi Lovely26, may i know where i could buy the probiotics? Is it possible i could buy it at guardian or unity? or i need to see dr. in order to get it?

Thank you

L

little peanut

mine was colicky at 3rd week but we managed to get her out of it by 6th week (crying from 12-2am).. i cant bear to let her cry her lungs out for any more than that.

i fed her in smaller meals, burp her, and set a bed time for her to get into. she managed to fix into the routine. and because we know her routine, we feed her 30mins before the bed time, so she is full and drowsy rather than screaming the house down due to colic hunger and sleepiness... now she naps 8-9pm, and her actual bed time is 1130 which can last till 8am, with 1-2 dream feeds in between.

oh.. we also spike her 730pm milk with ridwind.. but we didnt do it diligently so im not sure if it worked..
one thing for sure is we noticed she farts alot after i take the fenugreek (cos i also fart alot.. LOL)

Hi Jessmummy, i have tried this method before, but it doesn't work for my baby. She could skip crying from 12-2 as she is sleeping but once she wakes up and finishes drinking milk, she will start crying for hours again.... Headache...

L

little peanut

another issue is, my baby seems has difficulty of falling asleep even she is very tired. she will be quite cranky before she finally falls asleep. Does any of your baby has this kind of problem?

And when i finally make her fall asleep, once i put her on her own cradle, she will wake up immediately. Haiz... Any good methods to let baby sleep well?

jessmummy

jovin, latch to unblock! :)

little peanut.. i latch at night.. do you bottle feed? i just latch her as much as she like i dont know still got milk or not cos she probably sucked dry - but at least this works better than bottle feeding whilst shes crying. try calming her first and quickly feed her.. its a long long battle but we're going to get out of it soon!
your baby startles whilst sleeping? light sleeper? put a bean bag on her ba. what my mum does is give her a jade bangle to wear to 定驚..

jovin83

Jessmummy, I dun dare to latch on.. going to see lactation later.. I dun know how much I have spend on providing him breastmilk haiz... at times really feels like giving up.

jessmummy

y dont dare babe? latching babies is really the best to unblock. is it cos he dont know how to suck last time and suck till bleed?
better unblock than to fear, cos if cause mastitis even more cham.

i hope LC can help you unblock! goodluck!

Lovely26

Hi Lovely26, may i know where i could buy the probiotics? Is it possible i could buy it at guardian or unity? or i need to see dr. in order to get it?

Thank you
Hello peanut, it's from PD's prescription. The brand of the probiotics which i used to feed my bb is Bio Gaia but once you have finished the bottle, it is not necessary to see the doct.....can go back to buy straight from the child clinic.