EDD Aug 2011

jovin83

Thanks kimyen!! Really need support :"( so touch.. Piggyhui, boys normally ask for more and some is not looking for milk, the look for comfort on the nipples. But if like me,mil given bottle and pacifiers end up Bb not sucking well also Bo pian already. Cup feeding dun feel easy for me. But latch on I hope to try. Try to rest more u get better milk as u go on. That's how I look at it. That's the best I can do :) formula or bf, most Impt dun stress urself. I cried for the first 1-2 days when bb is HM.

pipilili

Milk Powder:

Hospital told us they were feeding bb with Nan pro 1. After the milk powder left abit (enuff for 3 feeding) I asked my hubby to get Enfa (per Cl's recommendation) and also got 1 tin of Nan Pro 1.

Opened Enfa for my bb gal to try for one day plus observe her shit to make sure it is not sticky and it is per normal (2x poo/yellow stools) then let bb continue Enfa. As for the Nan Pro 1 - we brought to NTUC to change (within 15 days).

jovin83

Tried latch on again today but bb dun seems enough :( after latch 30 mins both side he wants more and became unsettled. I gave him my express milk and he seems better. But mouth sign still open. End up breast latch on again this time he mange to drink another 10-20 min and release the nipple himself. Do u all have this prob? Does it mean each time I latch on I got to wait till he release himself?

engel

Mine taking enfalac since glen e uses that and she has no negative reaction...
I would still need to complement breast milk with formula now since she is drinking 50ml every 1 hr...:( doesn't want to take 90 or 120 ml one shot.... Hiaz... So I hardly have time to sleep, let alone pump .... She's very different from my #1...

Jovin,my girl has jaundice as well. She has to stay for 2 days in nursery after I got discharged, felt shitty then...When we brought her back she still had mild jaundice. We brought her out for morning walks since sunlight supposed to help... Vitamin D I think ..
Think happy thoughts... U will b able to cuddle ur boy tomr:)

n Congratz szecare!

jovin83

Mine taking enfalac since glen e uses that and she has no negative reaction...
I would still need to complement breast milk with formula now since she is drinking 50ml every 1 hr...:( doesn't want to take 90 or 120 ml one shot.... Hiaz... So I hardly have time to sleep, let alone pump .... She's very different from my #1...

Jovin,my girl has jaundice as well. She has to stay for 2 days in nursery after I got discharged, felt shitty then...When we brought her back she still had mild jaundice. We brought her out for morning walks since sunlight supposed to help... Vitamin D I think ..
Think happy thoughts... U will b able to cuddle ur boy tomr:)

n Congratz szecare!
My boy came HM without but breast feeding was painful at first to me so maybe he didn't drink enough. So got to compliment with formula. Btw any experience mum can advice me. Bb now is 6 days old I try latch on he Dun seems enough can I try to express more often instead of latch on. Will it helps my milk flow? I can only latch on 1-2 a day :( due mil finds it not enough.

elbarc81

Medela Mini ELect Plus to let go

Hi All,

I have a Medela Mini ELect Plus ( DUal pump ) and city pack ( Cooler Bag ) to let go.
Used it only twice n no fluid pass through the parts.

this is bought locally in Feb this year and I still have the receipt and warranty.

PM me if interested =)

Casse

Any mummies have had their baby girl full month done and wants to let go their baby full month decorations @ Clearing* price. please pm me

jessmummy

hello all!! ahh i hardly have time to come online! :)

engel.. my helper BURNT my entire big pot of pig trotter vinegar which we were expecting guests in 2 hours time! so angry with her i had to deduct money from her because she wasnt apologetic at all and was all smiley -_- wtf or not u tell me..
apart from that, my baby is growing pretty well, jaundice nearly cleared. milk coming through. but shes having some sort of growth spurt ><~ how are you?? :)

jovin.. try to let your baby latch on at least once a day else he doesnt take the boobs then boobs dont know how much milk to produce. and have to train him to latch on.. my first week was painful, blisters and cracks. but we bit thru it, she latches on well now and milk coming through. but i learnt that u try not to feed only when baby is crying, because he will be so eager to drink and will be rough.

jovin83

hello all!! ahh i hardly have time to come online! :)

engel.. my helper BURNT my entire big pot of pig trotter vinegar which we were expecting guests in 2 hours time! so angry with her i had to deduct money from her because she wasnt apologetic at all and was all smiley -_- wtf or not you tell me..
apart from that, my baby is growing pretty well, jaundice nearly cleared. milk coming through. but shes having some sort of growth spurt ><~ how are you?? :)

jovin.. try to let your baby latch on at least once a day else he doesnt take the boobs then boobs dont know how much milk to produce. and have to train him to latch on.. my first week was painful, blisters and cracks. but we bit thru it, she latches on well now and milk coming through. but i learnt that you try not to feed only when baby is crying, because he will be so eager to drink and will be rough.
Once a day got use? Ha ha scare my milk also not coming.. But got increase a little.. I was so worried.. Latch on once a day when he very hungry ok. Yesterday after he suck for 25 mins each sides he still took in 3oz milk from my express. Hmm wonder if he really got suck in milk or not. But of cos I can see he not as aggressive as before bottle feeding and pacifier. :( oki I will try latch on again in evening:( so depressing mil keep saying latch on Issit no milk no milk bb dun want :( anyway let me try somemore. ThAnks for the advice!

Last edited:

szecare

I got feeling thinking to give up direct latching.. bcoz dont know baby drink how much and very tiring while latching.. need about half an hr to one hr on latching.. pumping milk out in between, the most i got 100ml combined in the early morning, in the afternoon only 60-70ml combined with 30mins pumping. very tiring.. i feel like give up on breast milk.. n my breast is not hard even i didn't pump at night... only in the morning can see the milk dripping out.. that's why can get 100ml of milk.. i'm in day15 already.. the milk supply still not enough for my baby.. sigh...:embarrassed:
I am struggling with breastfeeding too, MIL dun understand..kept telling ppl that i got no milk ..haiz, very stressful..u still got 100ml of milk..today is my 4th day of deliver, i manage to latch on ( now got sore nipple) and only pump 15ml colostum...my girl is a big eater..at night wanna eat alot...once bb cry mother in law will came in, so in a night mother in law come in 3/4 times then my hubby got to chase her away..

How do i have alot of milk supply and how do i know if bb is enough when i latch on??

really dun know what

szecare

Thanks kimyen!! Really need support :"( so touch.. Piggyhui, boys normally ask for more and some is not looking for milk, the look for comfort on the nipples. But if like me,mil given bottle and pacifiers end up Bb not sucking well also Bo pian already. Cup feeding dun feel easy for me. But latch on I hope to try. Try to rest more u get better milk as u go on. That's how I look at it. That's the best I can do :) formula or bf, most Impt dun stress urself. I cried for the first 1-2 days when bb is HM.
Me too, last night cry till fall asleep, coz got no milk and mother in law say give formula and pacifiers...i felt vey lousy as a mummy and no milk, thank God today i manage to pump some fluid..my bb now is only day 4,last night was first night at home, very stressfull..
Mummies who is facing problem with breastfeeding..lets not give up, we know what is the best for our bb, let us be patience and continue to try..we will see the good result. Just Do It!!

JocelynYL

I am struggling with breastfeeding too, mother in law dont understand..kept telling ppl that i got no milk ..sigh, very stressful..you still got 100ml of milk..today is my 4th day of deliver, i manage to latch on ( now got sore nipple) and only pump 15ml colostum...my girl is a big eater..at night wanna eat alot...once baby cry mother in law will came in, so in a night mother in law come in 3/4 times then my hubby got to chase her away..

How do i have alot of milk supply and how do i know if baby is enough when i latch on??

really dont know what
I'm already in my 17 days... the milk supply still low.. you only 4th days.. and can pump 15ml of colostrum. That's consider very good ... compare to mine.. i didn't even pump out my colostrum.. I almost give up on direct latching .. bcoz my mother in law keep saying baby not full enough.. got to bottle feed.. i found that after bottle feed my expressed breast milk, baby doesn't like to latch on .. seems like lazy and refuse my nipple.. i feel tiring and disappointed.. but what to do.. ? I just latch when i like .. if not, ask mother in law to feed her my expressed breast milk .. since mother in law likes to see how much she eat..:wong29:

Purpeace

Szecare,

It's good to be positive. Just keep trying and ur baby will benefit.
Somehow I feel that whenever I latch on, I have this mensus cramp and I bleed alot the past 2 days. Dunno is it due to my confinement diet (I was made to eat 2 half boil egg every morning) or breastfeeding.

With regard to knowing if ur baby has enough milk, monitor the bowel movement. As long as baby poos at least twice a day, they sld be taking enough. My gal sonetimes poos when I latch her on.. It's like one way in and one way out, dunno she really got enough or not, haha.

I just had my first breast pumping today using my electric pump, manage to yield 100ml fr both side. So happy! I need to have another spare bottle of at least 100 ml expressed milk by Tom so that I can go watch my concert in peace. Wish me luck! :)

jovin83

Szecare, I totally understand. When I saw ur post I was like "when did I post this!" similar situation. Bb first 2 nights is like that. Can u believe I gave in :( to formula and pacificer. They believe bb eat and sleep is the best. Day time I also separated from my son.. Like those olden imperial time, after the prince is born they took him away ha ha ha. Anyway I when to get pillow, and listen to advice latch on at least once and pump the balance. Hope my milk not patang, so far still ok. Drink milk and massage it well, I am also like u scare low supply but as long as u do ur best, dun get stress, if not no milk also. 加油! Mil ha ha at most try explaining to her must to latch on as often. Explain once not enough explain again and again. Now I training my 7 days old son to go without pacifier.

jovin83

Szecare,

It's good to be positive. Just keep trying and ur baby will benefit.
Somehow I feel that whenever I latch on, I have this mensus cramp and I bleed alot the past 2 days. Dunno is it due to my confinement diet (I was made to eat 2 half boil egg every morning) or breastfeeding.

With regard to knowing if ur baby has enough milk, monitor the bowel movement. As long as baby poos at least twice a day, they sld be taking enough. My gal sonetimes poos when I latch her on.. It's like one way in and one way out, dunno she really got enough or not, haha.

I just had my first breast pumping today using my electric pump, manage to yield 100ml fr both side. So happy! I need to have another spare bottle of at least 100 ml expressed milk by Tom so that I can go watch my concert in peace. Wish me luck! :)
Purpeace, ur daughter is how many days old?

jovin83

Hi gers, are all ur NB sleeping with u at night? Dun kno why my son dun really like staying in my rm. Been in mil room for the past 4 days.. Day I go over see him night he still sleeps there. Is this ok? I tot give me another week or 2 to continue rest before I try to learn taking care :( will the separation be ok?

PiggyHui

Hi gers, are all ur NB sleeping with u at night? Dun kno why my son dun really like staying in my rm. Been in mil room for the past 4 days.. Day I go over see him night he still sleeps there. Is this ok? I tot give me another week or 2 to continue rest before I try to learn taking care :( will the separation be ok?
My Baby boy sleeping with us in our room at night in his own baby cord. But he seems like dun reali like the baby cord. Take us quite some time to make him sleep...
But he doze off very fast in the "YAO LAN" which is in the living room or sleep in Mother in law's bed.

To us i feel that its alright to let baby to sleep with Mother in Law.

Rest well! =]

jovin83

Piggyhui so fast Yao LAN? U kno when I give pacifier in the public I felt so guilty. Like am doing a no no thing. Yar.. My Bb also dun like the playpen so sleeping with mil, he still have a very strong tendency to look for my nipples. The mouth keeps opening looking for nipples and u dun give him he wun stop. Give pacifier also spilt out when he really gt fustrated. Now I really confuse.. Latch on once a day or not... Difficult to make him separate from nipples too.

Reindeer11

Dear mummies and daddies.

This is my first post as I have been a silent reader for the past 5 months. I just want to share my joy with all on the birth of my daughter, my second kid on 24Aug11 at TMC. My wife is originally due on 12Sep11 but we opted 37weeks and 2days for her to come out to the world via c-sect at the advice of the gynae due to low-lying placenta. Fortunately everything went through smoothly without any complications.

Cheers!