EDD Aug 2011

PiggyHui

Salute mom like you whom are willing to quit job and be a SAHM.

I am staying in toa payoh too. My boy has just turn 1 year old. But i am a working mother. Hope to be friend with you as i am staying in toa payoh too.

It has been a year.

My gal recently turned one year old. (Aug baby) I was initially a full time working mom with her in childcare (5 months old onwards). But she fell sick every other week and kena HFMD and bronchitis. I have since quit my job when she was 7 months old.

I am a stay at home mum on my own (without help) with my gal. We've been to trial classes like The Music Studio, Gymnademics, LeapSchoolHouse, Aquaducks, Blue House, Music Makers and so on.

Since I sleep trained her, her bedtime is now between 7.00 to 7.30 pm and she sleeps through the night for 11-12 hours, which leaves me enough time to search for toddler recipes, research on home schooling eg Montessori approach, flashcards and other early childhood curriculum on top of other creative stuff I managed to do like homemade playdough and edible paint.

Sorry if I seem to be boasting. I dont't mean to. In summary, I am just a happy mommy who is so thankful that she is growing up well and good.

Will be shifting to TPY (4 room flat) at the end of the year and will have a place that I call my own (currently staying with in-laws). Hopefully, I can find some like-minded mommies with around the same age group as my girl to form a simple playgroup on a bi-weekly basis at my house.

If you are around the area and are keen to join, please feel free to drop me an email - citrellaisrosh@gmail.com
Will see if we are able to find a suitable timing for our kids :)

I have some fun activities lined up already.

ErinMummy

hi citirella n mummies, my ger aso just hit 1 yr old n I quit 2 weeks back from a full time job too so now a sahm but hoping to find a pt or home based job. I was wIth a fb mummy group but they wanted to remove me from the group bcos I seldom log in so I felt unwanted n unwelcomed there although eventually they did not do so. anyway, I hope to meet n know more mummies who have kids around the same age as my ger... can I know if u need to pay for the trial classes n which did u sign up finally? pls advise me.

Last edited:

citrella

Erin, some trials are FOC and some trials you need to pay a fee.

For example, aquaducks is FOC. You need to call and check.

New Programme!

[SIZE=+1]We have teamed up with Seimpi School of Music to bring you their Music and Dance MIM Programme for children aged 2 months - 6 years old. Registration for May classes starts now![/SIZE]

Choose either Music or Dance or choose both!
[SIZE=+1]Fees: $150 per month per course
- 4 lessons in a month per course

Drop us an email at enquiry@givingtre3.com to register!

TH[SIZE=+1]E GIVING TREE ART WORKSHOP[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
Giving Tre3 is bringing the popular children's story The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein to all children in the form of an ART WORKSHOP!

Using a combination of music, story and art, children get to learn various art techniques, math concepts and even character building through this workshop!

Details of Workshop:
~
Age groups: 18 month - 6 years old
~
Workshop consists of 5 sessions
~ Workshop will commence on FIRST SATURDAY of May 2013.
~ Dates of sessions: 4, 11, 18, 25 May and 1 June.
~ Time slot: 11am - 12:00pm

~ Instructor: Mr. Eric Teow

About the trainer:
Trained in Advertising Art. Eric spent over 20 years accumulating a wealth of experience and contacts in the advertising, creative design, hospitality, media and publishing industries as a draftsman, graphics designer, industrial designer, visualise, studio manager, art director and entrepreneur.

Art Director
Besides working for several local and multi national advertising agencies and local publishers, and running in-house creative studies in Orchard Belt 5 star hotels, Eric also served as Art Director for the National Council of Social Service (and Community Chest) providing creative leadership for several national fund- raising programmes.

STRONG PASSION FOR ART
Eric has a strong passion to teach young children creative skills and freedom of expression through paints, colours and media. He believes that creativity is the essential ingredient of all learning. This builds upon studies in the US and UK which has proven art training to be useful in developing language and social skills in young children. Today, Eric has co-opted other partner-advisors, to help grow the business aggressively over the next 3 years. These include Senior MNC executives and training consultants, who together lend Growing paints a wide international business perspective and provide deep industry knowledge in electronics, IT, e-businesses, early childhood education and training services.

Eric combines both music and art; he creates a fun and enjoyable setting in every given opportunity with his students. Eric loves to expand their imagination by telling and unfolding stories as he paints in a class!

A father to three young children, Eric has been inspiring young minds for more than 13 years and he is possibly the only one in Singapore who combines music, art and fun for children!

Limited slots as classes are kept small. SO REGISTER QUICK!!

Email to enquiry@givingtre3.com or call 9777 1645.

Like us on www.facebook.com/givingtre3 to get regular updates on our promotions!
[SIZE=+1]
[/SIZE]

Hi Mommies out there, I have started a group called Sassy Mommies SG with my friend Michelle on Facebook. We have created this group together so as to create a community that mommies can all hang out together, share parenting tips, lend each other's shoulders, and make friends!

We are growing bigger and bigger everyday and if you would like to be part of this group (you should!), please go to this group https://www.facebook.com/groups/490009234398557/and request to be added as a member. Alternatively, you can indicate your email address in this thread. See you on Sassy Mommies soon!

Giving Tre3 is having their Open House on 15 June 2013 Saturday from 9:30am - 1:00pm. Great discounts and lots of fun activities planned for children!

Enjoy a 50% off Playgroup Programme when you register on that day and up to 20% discount if you sign up for more than 2 of our in house enrichment programmes.

Wanna find out how Reading Eggs can help your child? Join us for a short presentation by Ms. Melanie Waugh from the Reading Eggs team from 3P Learning at 11:00am! RSVP required.

SO MARK this date 15 JUNE 2013 and come on down for lots of fun!

Location: 9 Jasmine Road Singapore 576582 (next to Thomson Plaza)

RSVP by smsing/calling 9777 1645!

Like us at www.facebook.com/givingtre3
Visit our website at Home

See you!