EDD: August 2012

Zaclin, no...I do not have any itchiness or peeling at the nipples. I just read it somewhere, saying at week 30 we should apply but I haven't bought it yet. So I just wanna ask around... :)

Elisheva

Anybody having this pain on ur butt & the bone on the center of the butt especially when u r sitting down & standing up from sitting position

Last edited:
Wah serious? Mine was 900g at 25.5 weeks and gynae said it's ok! Now she's 1.325kg at 29.5 weeks which I think is bigger than average but maybe gynae thinks I have wide hips. So far he hasn't mentioned about baby weight being too big; he said it'll all be known at the growth scan at 32.5 weeks. So fingers crossed for that, which will be in about 2 weeks' time.
I think it depends on how much you weigh? I also not sure. Coz some say my stomach looks big, some say my stomach looks small? lolx.

Anyway, I'm controlling my diet coz I don't wanna end up with difficulty to deliver. Haven decide to use epidural or not. I have a few muslim colleagues who didn't use it. Claim that recovery will be faster. I also have some who said we won't be able to bear the pain.

I was all set on the Freestyle but my friend who is a mother of two said the Pump in Style is more popular and that some of her friends on the Freestyle had mastitis so I might end up getting the PIS instead, although the Freestyle looks more handy and is handsfree etc. I bought my pram already during the January fair at expo (kiasu right??) but delivery is only in July haha.
yeah, PIS is more popular but I don't like the backpack. I went First Few Years yesterday and they have it in tote and metro bag (US version) but hubby wasn't keen coz it's in-house warranty and read from some other forums that they take a longer time to service.

TutTut

I think I will play by ear... If hubby is around then will probably take the car... If hubby is at work, then I gotta take the cab...
I was just wondering, if it so happens that I am alone at home at that time, what should I do? haha...

I was actually thinking the same thing!! I thought it is too early to ask this now :p

I think taking a cab will be easier cos from the taxi stand to the delivery suite is nearer compared to the distance from the carpark to delivery suite for me....

I have yet to discuss with my hubby.... cos when we go to the hospital, it will be only the 2 of us.....

I think I will play by ear... If hubby is around then will probably take the car... If hubby is at work, then I gotta take the cab...
I was just wondering, if it so happens that I am alone at home at that time, what should I do? haha...

If im home, then hubby will drive the car. If I'm at work, I can get my colleague to send me to the hospital. Means all the things I need during the hospital stay will be packed and kept in the car.

The only thing I fear is if I were to feel the contraction when I'm driving. I stay in Jurong West and work in Katong. Heh.

bertrande

WinnieGarnet, which hospital will u be delivering at?
My gynae also told me to watch my diet and make sure my baby is not to big..
she told me if can do not go over 3kg.. :p
I thought the average baby size is 3.2kg? I always thought below 3kg = small! I have friends who delivered between 3-3.5kg babies without using epidural so I hope my baby will be of a good size for me to deliver, not too big and not too small!

bertrande

Any mummies who went for the recent Motherhood Fair @ Expo took up the free mattress cleaning service by Delphin?
I did the service a few years ago and even bought the vacuum cleaner. Hubby says it's good but I'm skeptical. But then again, I hardly do house work so what do I know??

bertrande

I think it depends on how much you weigh? I also not sure. Coz some say my stomach looks big, some say my stomach looks small? lolx.

Anyway, I'm controlling my diet coz I don't wanna end up with difficulty to deliver. Haven decide to use epidural or not. I have a few muslim colleagues who didn't use it. Claim that recovery will be faster. I also have some who said we won't be able to bear the pain.
Yah those who didn't use epidural say their babies are more alert, latch on faster with breastfeeding etc. But I have friends who view epidural as a lifesaver too. I guess we won't know until we go through it ourselves!!

bertrande

Updated with WinnieGarnet's hospital:

Yingver07 - EDD 2 Aug - Thomson Medical - Girl
Mer17 - EDD 8 Aug - Parkway East - Girl
Maylim - EDD 8 Aug - Thomson Medical Center - Girl
zaclin29 - EDD 12 Aug - NUH - Girl
Perkyperky - EDD 17 Aug - mount E - Girl
Bertrande - EDD 17 Aug - mount A - Girl
Steffywoofy - EDD 17 Aug - gleneagles - Girl
MommyDioR - EDD 21 Aug - mount A - Girl
Mamamarie - EDD 23 Aug - NUH - Boy
TutTut - EDD 26 Aug - Mount A - Girl
Ch0c0l4te - EDD 27 Aug - Thomson Medical - Boy
Wendy - EDD 28 Aug - Thomson Medical - Girl
WinnieGarnet - EDD 29 Aug - Thomson Medical - Boy
Bluemit - EDD 30 Aug - Thomson Medical - Boy
problemgal - EDD 30 Aug - Kandang Kerbau Hospital - Girl

Yah those who didn't use epidural say their babies are more alert, latch on faster with breastfeeding etc. But I have friends who view epidural as a lifesaver too. I guess we won't know until we go through it ourselves!!
lolx.. ya loh.. But we have to decide prior the delivery right? coz it takes some time to take effect.

bertrande

lolx.. ya loh.. But we have to decide prior the delivery right? coz it takes some time to take effect.
Hmm not really - as long as the dilation is not yet 8cm, you can request for it. In fact, if you choose to take it too early, you might delay labour (that's what the prenatal class person said).

By the way I saw this post about having a lot of girls this year. It's the opposite at my workplace. There are 4 new mummies this year and we are all having boys. Last year, we had 3 new boys and only 1 girl. I heard working environment plays a part. If there's the case, I think I need to change job before I try for the 2nd one! lolx

Gracecwz

Hey babes, I'm a may mommy. Almost finished confinement but still have alot of bath herbs not used. Hubby bought too much, thinking I'll use it everyday.

Herbs are packed in sachets, 1 pack 2 sacs. Just pour hot/warm water to bath, very convenient, no strong smell. Med hall selling 1 pack $3.50. I have 9 packs. Anyone interested to get from me? Email me at gracecwz@yahoo.com