EDD August 2013

WHY CONFINEMENT CENTERS?

Confinement centre is an ideal place for postpartum moms to stay and rest during their confinement period. Confinement centre provides proper nutrition meals, physical hygiene and good rest for postpartum moms. For newborns, there will be experienced confinement nannies to handle and take care of them in confinement centres, as opposed to the grandparents whose experiences are limited to the children/grandchildren they had.

Confinement Centre is the best choice for those couple who does not want to bother their parents or mother-in-law. Confinement centre is also a very good place for those who don’t have extra space for a confinement nanny to stay in with them. It is also ideal for those could not find a trusted/recommended confinement nanny in advance.

Advantages of having confinement period in confinement centre:
1) Postpartum mom who decides to stay in confinement centre will not need to source for a trusted/reliable confinement nanny and end up with problematic ones who cannot communicate with them or leave halfway through the confinement month. The postpartum mom will be taken care of by the confinement nannies inside confinement centre and any problems they have can be resolved through the management in the center;
2) The postpartum mom will be given excellent and superior care by well trained and experienced confinement nannies within the confinement centre under the supervision of management in the center;
3) The confinement centre will always open their door for you regardless of your actual delivery date, whether it is much earlier or later than your expected date. The experienced confinement nannies will always be on standby for you 24 hours a day in the confinement centre;
4) The confinement centre will provide full support and assistance to postpartum mom for instant detailed information and facts, reading supplies for preparation list or even shopping list prior your delivery;
5) In confinement centre, everything had been included inside the chosen package, hence you are able to plan and arrange your finance properly and effectively;
6) In confinement centre, postpartum mom is not required to worry about what confinement meal to prepare for every single meal, what ingredients to buy & etc. Everything will be handled professionally by the confinement centre.
7) In confinement centre, every meals are well researched and prepared with a variety of choices everyday according to the different stages of recovery after confinement;
8) In confinement centre, postpartum mom and newborns are going to be taken care of by the confinement nannies 24 hours every day.
9) In confinement centre, your requests will be attended to immediately by the confinement nannies.
10) Contact us now if you want to find out more about our center and services!

http://www.facebook.com/aixin.mummies

lyra

I know how you feel. I was throwing up continuously(I was hospitalized for 1 week for this) and heart burn set in at 14 weeks (Im nearly 19 weeks now). What saved me was a miracle anti-vomiting pill called Zofran prescribed by gynae. It is expensive but truly worth it. If you can, give it a try. I am also taking Gaviscon (available in pharmacies) & Nexium for gastric and heart burn. So far, it is working for me. Fingers crossed it works for you too....
Mummy, do u want Zofran? I was hospitalised for stomach flu few months back and the doctor prescribed me this while I was in the emergency ward but I got hospitalised and end up, I don't need it as the med was given through drip, and then I recovered and stopped vomitting. I think I bought about 3 pills... and it cost like $40 each! If u want, I can give them to you. Such a waste to throw!

MamaLve

I joined but how to post things? I can only see names of ppl who joined, I didnt see a fb wall or something like that...
Hi Lyra,
Can you please refresh the page again? My side has already added you and you should be able to see page like fb wall where you can post things.

Update me again. =)

Thanks.

Mummy, do you want Zofran? I was hospitalised for stomach flu few months back and the doctor prescribed me this while I was in the emergency ward but I got hospitalised and end up, I dont't need it as the med was given through drip, and then I recovered and stopped vomitting. I think I bought about 3 pills... and it cost like $40 each! If you want, I can give them to you. Such a waste to throw!
It is rally expensive isnt it? I managed to get the generic version of yhe tablets thru my gynae so i hv enough. But thanks for the offer...and more impprtantly
I hope u r feeling better :)

pearlynC

Hi all.. Saw my bb today. Detailed scanning, get to see bb for more than half an hour. Doctor say bb perfectly healthy, just that very shy keep covering face. Cannot really see gender cause bb hide, but should be girl ^^

Sarahmerah

Hi ladies!! I also had vomiting through out my first pregnancy. I was taking zofran which is ex. However I managed to take the prescription from my Dr. to KKH outpatient pharmacy and they will give you the generic brand which is Ondansetron 8mg. However the dose I took was 4mg so half the tab three times a day. Hope this helps.

lyra

Oh... Hmm I'll check the dosage given to me. Hope some mummies want them. Otherwise they will go to waste.

Thnx Sharhiraa! Yup, I'm feeling better now. Since last week, when I entered 2nd trimester, I've no more nausea feeling, and can take care of my elder one like normal. I only have occasional tiredness.

Oqleong

Anyone looking for cf lady? I have a good one to intro: Aunty Mary
Very experience lady that knows all sorts of confinement food, methods to reduce jaundice in baby within short period, food to take if baby is having jaudice, etc.
She also does post natal massage and is really a full time cf lady that does not need the mummy to take care of bb during the feeds including night time.

Different food menu for everyday ...

She is really a one-stop station for everyone ...

Contact her at 82619739 or +60167421551

MamaLve

Hi All,
Join us on Facebook group to share useful information / promotion via the facebook group I have created. So far there's 5 of us in the group already.

This is the link to add:-

Search for "Mummy SG: EDD Aug 2013"

See Ya.. =)

lyra

HAHA orh! grats grats! i also have one girl, now having a boy =)
U too! Just nice! Congrats!

btw mummies, I'm thinking of doing sterilization (cutting the tubes) after giving birth to second child. If anyone knows a gd surgeon who can perform this surgery well, pls recommend me. I heard many stories of job not well done n poor woman got preg again.

HOKKI

Dear mummies,

It’s time to drink bird nest soup!
We understand that a busy working life to make you no time to prepare tonic for you and your precious.
We are provided fresh homemade bird nest soup to your door step.

Flavor as follow:
Rock Sugar with Pandan Leaves Bird Nest Soup - 200ml per bowl SGD 34.00
Rock Sugar with Snow Fongus Bird Nest Soup - 200ml per bowl SGD 36.00
Rock Sugar with American Ginseng Bird Nest Soup - 200ml per bowl SGD 39.00

香兰冰糖燕窝 - 200ml / 每碗 SGD 34.00
雪耳冰糖燕窝 - 200ml / 每碗 SGD 36.00
泡参冰糖燕窝 - 200ml / 每碗 SGD 39.00

Please visit us http://www.facebook.com/hokki.birdnest
or contact us @ 8268 4004

Milah

Hi Mummies... Kinda new to the forum... My EDD is early Aug '13... 1st baby n pretty excited abt it!! :)

Just wanted to check, does any of u mummies get pressured by ur gynea not gain so much weight??
My gynea told me not to gain too much as i'll have difficulties losing after the pregnancy... thing is i don't eat that much but i still gain, n because of the pressure, i tend to feel scared to eat... n i get hungry easily but still afraid to eat...
i used to have eating disorders, which makes the situation worse! so the stress is kinda pressuring me!! should i really worry about what the gynea says or should i just continue my normal eating habits n keep myself feeling full and hydrated and not stess myself too much? any advises?