Edd dec 2012

allele

Hi all! I guess all of us are getting excited about what's happening to us and also to our babies.. posts are running very fast here! haha..

Talking about sleeping pose, I try to keep myself to sleep sideway on my left as it's suggested the best pose to sleep for preggies :) However nowadays baby is getting bigger, somehow I can feel her putting some pressure near my ribs.. not feeling very comfortable though. Anyone experience this?

Oh ya.. im very excited that Im going to visit my gynae tmr! It's always thrilling to get to see baby in ultrasound! Currently Im in week 33 and I shall find out what is the weight of my baby girl tmr :) And also going to find out more about the hospitalisation packages available in KKH.

Hi karenoon!
Oh i guess i experience the same thing as u! Yes the hair around the belly button getting more than before, and i do get the dark line along the belly. I hope they'll be gone after I gave birth! It's such a big sacrifice to be a mum! Haha..

Mreow Mreow

Haha..
Yes MamaDT, really hope my gal is a gentle chubby baby :)
But not toooo chubby Till it hinders natural birth! Haha :)

Momopeachgal, Karenoon is right about my gal!! :)
U & I have same EDD @ 18dec but my gal already 1.607kg at 29week.
Doc said she's measuring 2weeks ahead at 31weeks.
Means ur baby is growing at the right pace cuz u mentioned ur checkup at 31weeks, ur baby Is 1.6kg right? :D
Dunno how come got growth spurt when I never do anything special. Hahaha....
So my EDD forwarded To 8dec. Hope Its true!
But Doc say still can't confirm so early.

Wish days go by faster!!!
Looking forward to delivery and
Can't wait for my next apptmt on the 29oct!! :)

Yes Allele, it's super exciting to see baby on ultrasound!!
I'm sure all parents-to-be alwayssss look forward to the gynae apptmt largely because of the scanning!! :)
Allele, remember To update after ur gynae visit Tmr!
I wanna know how's ur gal & her weight too!!! :)

Karenoon, I also got a little extra hair growing near belly button area.
But I will shave it off when it gets longer!!
Wahaha... :p
I also have linea nigra, but not very dark!

I just hope that nipples & areola will reduce in size after birth & breast-feeding!! :)

Mreow Mreow

Sorry to hear that most of mummies here have many pregnancy discomforts.... :(

Wish my luck can rub unto mummies here & that all ur discomforts gets better each day!!! :D

MamaDT

Hello Mummies!!

Karenoon: yes I also have abit more visible hair on tummy :) read that it's normal for preggies that hair gets thicker n darker on tummy :)

Allele: yes, ribs get discomfort as baby grows and uterus expand bigger in there especially during third trim. I experienced sharp pain for a few days at the ribs during 2nd trim and it's normal too... Gynae says some preggies will experience this discomfort from 2nd trim till delivery some will experience it a few days/weeks. There's nothing much we can do to stop the discomfort if it happens. So bear with it. :) Update us on your baby's weight and position yah ^^ very excited to know! Haha

Momopeachgal: cracked nipple as in some part of nipple skin becomes whitish cracked skin? That could be the colostrum :) I have something like that and checked with gynae heehee
Maybe u can check with ur gynae too
Go buy gaviscon for reflux... It's safe for pregnancy ladies as indicated on their label :) take it before u sleep yah :)

Mreow Mreow: ok let's hope all our babies here are healthy and adorable! Heehee update us the EDD when u go for checkup! ^^ how's ur antenatal lesson? :) fun?

MamaDT

Momopeachgal: yes yes gaviscon can help with heartburn, acid reflux, bloatedness :) think they just come out with new version but I don't know whether it is safe to take their new one... To play safe, take the normal gaviscon coz I tried before or take gaviscon advanced which is slightly more concentrated and I felt is better and it is also safe for those with HBP ;)

Mreow Mreow

Momopeachgal,
Since we are talking about boobs...

Mummies, have anyone of u heard from
Ur mums or aunties that we have to clean our nipple?

They told me that we have to like gently scrub our nipples during bath time so that our dead skin and colostrum is cleaned away and our milk ducts on our nipples will be clear and not blocked.

I dunno how true is that!!
Checked online and it's a 50-50 debate!!

Are the tips of ur nipples smooth or rough?

Anyway wonder where and how is Lizasaifi....
She hasn't replied for some time.... :(
Hope she's ok!!!!

Mreow Mreow

MamaDT, I'm so glad that I managed to change my TMC lesson dates to the days that my hubby will be in Spore and not flying!! :)

Lesson 2&3 for me will be on 22&28oct.
Haha.

Lesson 1 was a lil redundant.
Hope the other 2 lessons will be an eye opener for me.
Hehe :)

karenoon

SO glad that everyone have hairy stomach! Haha. I thought I was the only one.. Feeling a little freaked out my own tummy.

And yeah, my little bud something jab my ribs too. But it's totally normal since he needs more space now. I just sit up straighter for more comfort. Haha.
But my backache are getting more regular. Probably from the work and also my lack of calcium. I only rely on my calcium tablet. Because I don't take milk. Can't stand the smell of it. :(

Momopeachgal: sometime back I posted a picture of this big u-shaped pillow my hub bought me. So i only sleep on that and 2 baby pillow on each side for tummy support. Occasionally, I will prop a little cushion underneath for better breathing.

I heard from my hairstylist that I should "start washing my nips" too. But because the way she put it sounds very vague I nv really push further. Because she seems to be asking me if I wash them, else, i should start. But when we shower we do clean them as a daily habit. Hence I didn't really read or asked further.

Hmm... So, perhaps that what she meant? So milk flow better?

Mreow Mreow

SO glad that everyone have hairy stomach! Haha. I thought I was the only one.. Feeling a little freaked out my own tummy.

And yeah, my little bud something jab my ribs too. But it's totally normal since he needs more space now. I just sit up straighter for more comfort. Haha.
But my backache are getting more regular. Probably from the work and also my lack of calcium. I only rely on my calcium tablet. Because I don't take milk. Can't stand the smell of it. :(

Momopeachgal: sometime back I posted a picture of this big u-shaped pillow my hub bought me. So i only sleep on that and 2 baby pillow on each side for tummy support. Occasionally, I will prop a little cushion underneath for better breathing.

I heard from my hairstylist that I should "start washing my nips" too. But because the way she put it sounds very vague I nv really push further. Because she seems to be asking me if I wash them, else, i should start. But when we shower we do clean them as a daily habit. Hence I didn't really read or asked further.

Hmm... So, perhaps that what she meant? So milk flow better?

Yes, it's meant to clear our nipple head so milk can flow thru.

Wash? Jus wash like how we normally wash our bodies?
My aunties say have to lk gentle scrub away the top layer.

Dunno how true!

Luckystar

Hi Ladies
I would like to introduce myself and join this group.
i am a late entrant here, and am tryingt to catch up the best i can.
i am expecting in December, my EDD is 24th Dec, and i think i am the most unprepared mummy around.
i havent bought anything for my Baby yet, and an just about getting my head around what things i need to do.
I am a First time mum, and have just started my research on what to buy ; just completed my list today, hope to catch up soon.

please lwt me know where are the best places to shop for baby and if any sales are around the corner ;)

Mreow Mreow

Hi Ladies
I would like to introduce myself and join this group.
i am a late entrant here, and am tryingt to catch up the best i can.
i am expecting in December, my EDD is 24th Dec, and i think i am the most unprepared mummy around.
i havent bought anything for my Baby yet, and an just about getting my head around what things i need to do.
I am a First time mum, and have just started my research on what to buy ; just completed my list today, hope to catch up soon.

please lwt me know where are the best places to shop for baby and if any sales are around the corner ;)

Welcome lucky star!

Gld to have more mummies in this thread! :)
Hope u do stay long!

My EDD is 18dec, but baby girl measuring 2weeks Ahead so Doc mentioned it could be changed to 4dec :p

Hehe, a lot of topics u mentioned we have all already discussed. Haha.
Do u have a lot of time or cannot sleep?

Haha, u can scroll back the thread and read!! :D

In summary, most mummies are about 50% prepared here.

Some have either got all the big items but not the small, or have gotten all the small items but not the big items!

For me, I only bought stroller, breast pump, steriliser & some babywear.
Thats all!! :D
im quite slow too...
Small items like wipes, rashcream, hankies etc etc I still have not got them!!

Most mummies got their stuffs from baby fairs.

U can try the baby warehouses at Kaki Bukit for strollers & Cots! :)

Whats on ur To-Buy List? :)

lizasaifi

Momopeachgal,
Since we are talking about boobs...

Mummies, have anyone of u heard from
Ur mums or aunties that we have to clean our nipple?

They told me that we have to like gently scrub our nipples during bath time so that our dead skin and colostrum is cleaned away and our milk ducts on our nipples will be clear and not blocked.

I dunno how true is that!!
Checked online and it's a 50-50 debate!!

Are the tips of ur nipples smooth or rough?

Anyway wonder where and how is Lizasaifi....
She hasn't replied for some time.... :(
Hope she's ok!!!!
Hi morning mummies! :D

Sorry for not replying for some time. I was back to work for a couple of days n now I'm admitted again since yesterday evening. My bp went up n doc had to admit me cuz dun want any risk of me getting a stroke. Well reason my bp went up was I had to wait for almost 1 n a half hr to see doc after d scan! How frustrating dat can be right? She had many patients yesterday n I was among d last few. Told her dat it's cuz I have to wait so long dat my bp went up as I was kinda hungry n thirsty too. She said dat can be a reason but juz to make sure I'm alright they have to admit me to prevent anything to happen to me n baby. :(

so here I am again for dunno how many more nights. Thing is doc did mention dat I mite have to deliver early as d blood flow from placenta to baby is not stable. Hope at least can wait till 35 weeks or so. Dats like another 2 weeks since I turned 33 weeks yesterday!! Will probably be able to meet my princess earlier than expected but not sure if she will be alright n well. She'll be a preemie baby. :(

Pray for me n my princess ok mummies...hope all will be well...

MamaDT

Hello Mummies

Lizasaifi : oh gosh sad to hear u are admitted again... Try to keep yourself positive and happy and dun worry too much yah... Hopefully your princess comes out healthy even though she may be premie ^^ have u gotten all essential stuff ready for baby? If not, can ask ur hubby and friends to prepare for u during this time :)
Hugs hope everything be fine for u and ur active little princess :)

Mreow Mreow: nv heard about scrubbing the nipple... I just wash normally... I think the second lesson may be boring to u..... But it's good to just refresh ur memory from those books u read :)

Lucky star: welcome here!! My EDD is on 17 dec :) bought my baby essential stuff from the last expo fair and kiddy palace and online... For me, I am left with stroller(wait till 3rd mth then buy), pumps, changing table (optional), nursing clothes and bras, two packs of newborn disposable diapers coz my mama doesn't wanna use the reusable diapers at newborn age(!) and wipes, cotton buds, cotton wool, confinement shampoo and choosing cordlife/stemcord/SCBB in my list... Heehee still got time yah :)

All Mummies: there's going to be another expo fair in late Nov.. Think it's 23/11 or 25/11... Can't recall... But it's around there, keep a lookout for that yah although it's near to our EDD... :)

Mreow Mreow

Oh dear, sorry to hear that Lizasaifi...

Haix. I dunno how to advise u also...

No matter wad, ur princess's health will be of utmost importance.
So if ur gynae say it's better to deliver early then I guess no choice?

Hmm, try not to worry about baby being Preemie ok?

I have alot of friends who are preemies & friends who gave birth to Preemies too.
Mums & most importantly,the preemie babies
Are all healthy.
They might juz need alittle help in ICU but other than that all the babies are well!!

Don't worry dear!
Guess wadever will happen, will...

No one can predict what will happen during our pregnancy...

Anyway,
will keep u in my prayers & pray that everything will turn out well, no matter what....

Mreow Mreow

Momopeachgal, I just sent my hubby to the airport..
He has flight today thats why i got up early...
If not i'd still be snoooozing away till noon on this rainy Friday...Hehehe :D

Oops, u should have mentioned earlier to me that u wanted the Lansinoh Breastfeeding Cream!
Hubby juz got back from states last weeK & i got him to buy one for me from there alr la...
U can go online or Gmarket to check...
Recently i Saw a webby selling it.. But since hubby will be flying to states, getting it directly there would be cheaper so I didnt get it online...
Lemme think and If i recall the website link will let u know asap k! :)

And yes, thats what my mum and aunties were referring to i think...
Slightly rough nipple tips..
They advise that during warm water shower, to gently rub nipple tips..
The dead skin will come off...

Mreow Mreow

MamaDT,
Yep, just refresh memory lo...

And thanks for the expo baby fair update!
I think i will go again....

to Kill time and to buy all those last minute small things.. hahaha :)

Sekali walk halfway, Labour starts....
wahahaha!! :D

Im super excited to deliver my baby!!
Are u all?

Would u all rather your baby;
1) born on due date
2) born A little later than due date
3) born anytime earlier than due date as long as its safe for baby

For me, 3!!! :D

lizasaifi

Hi again mummies! Juz finished lunch n resting on bed now. Hubby juz went off so I'm all alone again wif lil princess.

Well i got to talk to my doc juz now in d morning n she said dat if d blood flow improve n my bp is ok can wait till I'm 36 weeks to deliver naturally. Otherwise I'll have to deliver at 34 weeks by c-sect. :( hope dat wun be d case.

U r right Mreow Mreow. My princess's health is d utmost importance. Since I had d steroid jabs I think it will help make her ready to breathe wif her own lungs n healthy enough not to stay in NICU too long. I've read online dat babies whose mothers had received d jabs fair better than those who didn't. Dats quite assuring.

MamaDT: hugs thank u mummy....I'm left wif buying a few more things for baby...things like cotton wool, wet wipes, ointments...already told my hubby to get them wif my mom's help...hopefully he will noe wat to get...thanks for d advice dear :)

Mreow Mreow

Mreow Mreow: The tips of my nipple is rough lor, that is y i m worried. It looks cracked. But its not painful. I dono if thats normal or not =( and u wake up so early today hee

karenoon: yeah u need not freak out cos we ar all the same having hairy stomach lolz, Ya! i remember the picture that u post last time, I tried putting cushion to support my tummy..its better already. But i still feel backache jus tt its not so serious already. If U don take milk.. y not take soya bean milk?

Luckystar: Welcome to this thread! ^^ my EDD is 18th Dec =p and wow i like ur EDD! near xmas! U can try walking around in Kiddy Palace for baby stuffs :) for me i go there to get some of the baby stuffs one.. things like playpen etc. =p and hor.. I m oso not 100% prepared hahah i havent even decorate my baby's room.. its very messy now with all the baby stuffs lying around lol and me same as mreow mreow regarding the items we bought..

lizasaifi: girl get well soon! must stay happy okie, ur baby girl will be healthy! not to worry too much okie? will pray for u and ur girl :) everything will be definitely fine!!!!

To All Mummies: Anyone knows where can I get "Lansinoh" cream? off the shelf? Or must buy online. Thanks!

Babe,

try this Gmarket webby for the Lanolin Nipple cream!

Qoo10-Singapore(New Gmarket) - Maternity / Baby - A MUST HAVE for Brea...

Price ok.. its $17

Beenies

Thanks mreow mreow! I'll probably get half a dozen of the new born rompers. Went to expo fair the last time and they were selling a 5 or 6 pieces in a pack romper from carters for $16! Quite worth it and u gals can check it out perhaps in the next fair. Heard there is one coming up in nov

Mreow Mreow

My dear beenies!

Pls go online gmarket to buy!!
My GF recently introduced me to Gmarket & I'm so addicted to it cuz keep looking at baby clothes!!

It's much cheaper there!! :)

I bought 5piece newborn longsleeve carters from the recent Expo fair @ $22.90
The next day I saw it in Gmarket going for $15!!

Feel so heartpain.

I've bought afew stuff from Gmarket already and the rompers, baby wear, baby accessories are exactly the same we see at the expo fair!!
But at a better bargain!! :)