Edd dec 2012

Mreow Mreow

Ivyb, no problem! :)
If hubby fly there then its very easy to that.. However, if not rostered flights there then no chance to buy lo...
Yup. Spore only has Bio-Oil in 60ml. Overseas can get 120ml! :)

Lizasaifi,
Speaking of EMO,
Nowadays i can get quite emo too..
Haha... Scarryy sometimes...
Can Kick up a fuss and make a mountain out of a molehill....... :(

Poor hubby has to take my nonsense!

And my poor kitty cat has to take the brunt of my emo-ness too.. Hahaha...

Any mummies have pets at home? :)

lizasaifi

Mreow Mreow: no wonder u use this as ur user id here in d forum. Hahaha it's cuz u have a kitty cat! So cute! I wld love to have a cat as a pet but worried dat I mite not have time to look after it. Furthermore I used to have asthma so hubby said dat better not have one as it might cause my asthma to come back.
As for emo I think it's normal as d hormones in our pregnant bodies rage ard until we give birth. Hee hee yeah our poor husbands have to take d brunt from it all n for u ur kitty cat too. Hehehe u scolded ur kitty too? :p

Cherm

Hi All,

I am new here but have been reading this thread for some time. My EDD is on 27th Dec but keeps on fluctuating between 27/12/12 and 1/1/13. Would really like to have a Dec 12 baby, so I'm putting my posts here. We are expecting a boy and delivering at Gleneagles hospital. Hope to share and learn more from other mummies to be!
Hey mtb Cherm, welcome on board! :D

I'll be delivering at GlenE too and my edd is 19 Dec. Have u sign up/attend the Childbirth education programme? My husband and I did and we'll be attending our 2nd lesson tmr evening. ;-)

I used to tell my hubby and sil that if i hv a choice, i really don't mind to have a Jan 2013 baby instead. Being a typical kiasu mummy (already), i really wana avoid having to compete wif the 2012 babies registering for a good sch when time to come. :p Also, I'm so afraid that a dec babies will not be able to catch up with the rest of their peers in terms of picking up life skills or academically.

Somehow after some time, I just feel blessed and proud that I'm expecting a December baby. I believe there must be a good reason for things to happen this way so I've learnt to accept it wholeheartedly. :D
Hi ivyb,
I'm gonna sound really KS but I've finished the childbirth education programme 2 weeks ago. I wanted to avoid the third Tri as I anticipated that I'll be very tired rushing frm work to the class and then to cell gp after that. Most mtb in the class were further along than I and I always felt that my bump was so tiny! I'm also going for the single bedder. Have you gone for the tour? I haven't, not sure if I should cos the timing is not ideal. Who's your gynae?

ivyb & Mreow Mreow: I think as long as your babies are growing well, it's ok. My appetite has definitely increased over the course of this pregnancy and I've gained an insane amount of weight! Thank God my BMI was low pre-preggers cos the amount I've gained now does not justify in my baby's weight. He's smaller than all your babies! I really hope that my weight gain will be lesser as I approach my EDD but how is that possible when everybody says that the 3rd Tri is when everyone balloons!! But so far, I have been eating whenever I feel like cos my baby's weight has been very average - at the 50th percentile and some months falling below, so I try not to "shortchange" him. I don't know how you girls do it, maybe it's genes, I dunno. My colleague has 3 kids who are all above 3.5kg in birth weight and she always only gains 7+kg during her pregnancies. How how how is that possible?! Haha.

Cherm

OMG!! I was juz jabbed again wif d steroid for baby's lungs n it's d worst pain I've ever felt! But it's ok...it's for baby's sake so I dun mind enduring it n it's d last one already anyway...hope baby will benefit well from it n hope she will stay in there longer till at least full term before lil princess can make appearance. :)

ivyb: u mentioned bio-oil selling at $13.50 only at unity? Woah! Then I guess I'll buy from there first while waiting for Mreow Mreow to get it for us. I've finished mine already n really need one to relieve d itch. :( shall go n buy if I am to be discharged tmrw.

Cherm: yep I'm d chirpy kind n always try to be positive no matter wat situation I am in. Hahaha but of course in this pregnancy there were times when I got emo for nothing n my hubby had to pacify me. Lolz otherwise I'm all happy n positive until lil princess comes out to d world. It all depends on whether I have to go thru c-sect or give birth naturally. So we will see how it goes. Juz hope dat baby will stay in there. :)
lizasaifi: I'm sure your baby will be alright. Yes, remain positive cos that's gonna help. Each day your baby stays in there, it's a blessing. Stay happy! :)

Mreow Mreow

Mreow Mreow: no wonder u use this as ur user id here in d forum. Hahaha it's cuz u have a kitty cat! So cute! I wld love to have a cat as a pet but worried dat I mite not have time to look after it. Furthermore I used to have asthma so hubby said dat better not have one as it might cause my asthma to come back.
As for emo I think it's normal as d hormones in our pregnant bodies rage ard until we give birth. Hee hee yeah our poor husbands have to take d brunt from it all n for u ur kitty cat too. Hehehe u scolded ur kitty too? :p

Haha..
Ya, I do scold my cat whenever he Is naughty.
And recently more cuz a little emo!
He is quite spoilt. Haha.
He will scratch my bedroom dr UNTIL I let him in
Or
Use his paw to tap my face until I wake up & let him out...
Few egs of his behavior. Haha :)

Are u gonna be discharged today?

yingzy

welcome Cherm!

I guess as long as the baby is healthy... doesn't matter bb is year end or year start :)

i prefer bb to be year start so they have have a year start to begin :) but well... have to depends on bb... see she when she wana POP! :D

lizasaifi

Mreow Mreow: nope will most probably be discharged tmrw if everything goes well. Now waiting for my turn to go for scanning. Hahaha ur kitty so cute n naughty. Do u think he will fight for attention when ur girl is born ltr? Hee hee

Cherm: yep I'm staying positive! Hahaha feeling a lot better n baby is very very active. Got a lot of responds from her juz now when I talk n bribe her to stay in there a little bit longer. Hahaha even d nurse mentioned she's one very active baby. Keep moving ard even wif d sensor from d ctg. :D

Mreow Mreow

Mreow Mreow: nope will most probably be discharged tmrw if everything goes well. Now waiting for my turn to go for scanning. Hahaha ur kitty so cute n naughty. Do u think he will fight for attention when ur girl is born ltr? Hee hee

Cherm: yep I'm staying positive! Hahaha feeling a lot better n baby is very very active. Got a lot of responds from her juz now when I talk n bribe her to stay in there a little bit longer. Hahaha even d nurse mentioned she's one very active baby. Keep moving ard even wif d sensor from d ctg. :D

Okok. Babe, Hope everything goes well tmr for u then :)
My kitty is stubborn like he wants his way all d time but he's quite independent & likes to be alone.
Don't really stick to ppl & doesnt long to be carried. Haha.
He's Not the manja type.
So should be ok. I really don't think he'll be jealous. Haha.

Waa. I really wonder how it's like to have active baby.
Hehe.. My gal isn't really active.
Actually I think my skin's too thick!! Thats why cant feel much... Haha.

Jenni

Hi Mummies,

I am a July mummy, I have create a fb group Sg Mummies Group buy, any mummies interested can join us... Our group buy price will be lesser then u can find in sg...

lizasaifi

Morning all!

I'm already at hm! Got hm last nite as doc give clearance for me to go. Hehehe so gd to be able to sleep on my own bed again! Hehehe
All scan results n ctg results are gd so dats why I was allowed to go hm. :) have to go back for a scan again on Monday though.

Mreow Mreow: oh ur kitty not d manja type huh? Dats gd la. hahaha to have an active baby even if she's still in ur tummy can be quite tiring u noe. My princess will keep moving n turning until I feel like i was scratched from inside. Hahaha but it's gd. At least I noe she's doing well. Not dat a non active baby is not doing well. Perhaps u can't really feel ur baby move as d placenta is in a position dat cushions her movement. Dats possible u noe. :D

ivyb

Hi Cherm, overall how do u rate the childbirth education programme? Yes, I have gone for the tour on Wednesday after my gynae appt and I personally think that the single-bedded rooms are not as spacious as i have expected. Due to more privacy and becos my husband will be bunking in with me during my stay we still think the single-room is better than the 2-bedded one. I do agree with you that the timing is abit out but i think it's worth to do the tour to get urself and ur hubby more prepared on what you can expect upon admission at the hospital on ur D-Day. :)

After making some comparison of my baby's current weight with the rest of the dec mummies, i think my bb is a 'Slim' baby...definitely not a fatty one. LOL!!! So if i want a BIG bb, i think i will eat more Durians...right? Cherm?? hahahaa

Mreow Mreow

Heehee..
Ivyb, yep, think ur baby is 'slim'..
Hmm, I have not been eating durians or other fatty foods & even lost weight but my baby has been gaining weight!
Dunno how come also.. Haha...
She suck all my nutrients away!! :)

Lizasaifi, im so glad that ure already discharged & comfortably back home..
If u are free, should try to buy the stockings ya! :)
And yes, maybe my placenta is in that type of position, thats why i cant feel much... Hehe

ivyb

Morning all!

I'm already at hm! Got hm last nite as doc give clearance for me to go. Hehehe so gd to be able to sleep on my own bed again! Hehehe
All scan results n ctg results are gd so dats why I was allowed to go hm. :) have to go back for a scan again on Monday though.

Mreow Mreow: oh ur kitty not d manja type huh? Dats gd la. hahaha to have an active baby even if she's still in ur tummy can be quite tiring u noe. My princess will keep moving n turning until I feel like i was scratched from inside. Hahaha but it's gd. At least I noe she's doing well. Not dat a non active baby is not doing well. Perhaps u can't really feel ur baby move as d placenta is in a position dat cushions her movement. Dats possible u noe. :D
Hi lizasaifi,
glad to hear that u hv discharged and resting at home. Fyi, I have bought the bio-oil already and will start applying tonight. I realised my bump has been feeling more and more itchy these few days. Hope it will really helps to relieve the itchiness and avoid all stretch marks. :)

lizasaifi

Hi mummies!

Mreow Mreow: yep will go out tmrw n find d stockings n also buy bio-oil...tdy somehow was a lazy day for me spent at hm hahaha

ivyb: thank u mummy :) yes apply d bio oil ASAP especially if u are feeling itchy...it will relieve d itch n moisturise ur tummy...hopefully it will help u to avoid stretch marks like me too :) still no sign of stretch marks even though I've another 8 weeks to go to 40 weeks hehehe

Mreow Mreow

Hope all mummies are having a Good weekend!! :)

Heehee, i realize that whenever weekends come, the thread is always quiet!! :)

Everyone must be so busy doing stuffs... :D

Lizasaifi, did u find the oil and stockings?
Oh ya, did your Doc say anything about the Hardening tummy? :)

lizasaifi

Hi Mreow Mreow! U r rite! Weekends it's quite here. Hahaha only ppl like us will have time to come in n reply d threads. Hehehe

I only bought d bio oil. Didn't get d stockings cuz no size for me. :( it's ok. Will find it somewhere else. Tmrw I'm going for a scan at d NUH so will go see at d pharmacy there.

Abt d hardening tummy doc said dat it's normal for us to feel them as we get nearer to EDD. They are braxton hicks contractions n will go away after awhile unlike labor contractions which will become more intense as ur cervix become dilated. They are like practice contractions to prepare our womb for labor. My doc said if it get more intense n frequent then it's a sign of preterm labor. I only had it when I was strapped to d ctg machine. Other times even at hm now I nvr feel it much. Only a few times over d past 3 days. Hahaha

So we will see tmrw which position baby is in, whether she had somersaulted again n turn head down again. Hahaha hope everything will be alright tmrw. :)

Beenies

Hi mummies! So happy that everyone is sharing their experiences and I couldn't keep up with all the topics going on!

Just to share on mine so far: my hubs is suggesting to hire a baby sitter instead of a maid after w start work and the baby sitter his mom has recommended is an overnight one so he was suggesting that we leave the little ones there from mon to fri and bring them back only on fri night

yingzy

Beenies: Does ur babysitter has babysitter friends in the old airport road area? i don't need a overnight bbsitter.. daytime will do :)

Hii all the mummy here ... sorry to disturb you thread but i have something to share with you all ... currently Mums and babes is having a promotion on their online shop website . do visit the News & Promotions page for more information... Freestyle selling at $699!!!!! while stock last... faster go online order got free delivery

Mreow Mreow

Hi mummies! So happy that everyone is sharing their experiences and I couldn't keep up with all the topics going on!

Just to share on mine so far: my hubs is suggesting to hire a baby sitter instead of a maid after w start work and the baby sitter his mom has recommended is an overnight one so he was suggesting that we leave the little ones there from mon to fri and bring them back only on fri night

That is a good idea if you both agree on the plan...

Hmm, But one thing for sure,
u are SOOOO gonna miss ur little one very much when u can only get to see baby on fri and weekends!! :(