EDD Feb 2012

Athes

Hi Mintafong,

Btw, why u need to do blood test again? Is there anymore test that we need to do in 3rd tri before deliver?

chjean,

I tot we have the same due date on 6 Feb? If that is the case then we shd be week 29.5 this week le..not 30.5? :nah:

I went for checkup this week, gynae said bb weight 1.2kg, shd be average, so is my weight. Im going for blood test on 10 Dec.

Ya, and i suddenly realize that I can see my toe when i stand straight and look down. :001_302:
I start to have swollen feet 2 weeks ago, so must lift up my feet for at least 1hr a day...:001_07:

Athes

Hi Mintafong,

Juz saw ur reply here. Hmm.. Are u referring to the Gestational Diabetic test, the glucose test, which u ll be given something very sweet to drink and the test on the sugar level?

Is it a must? What's ur weight now? I asked my gynae about this test a month ago, he said as long the mummy's weight and urine test are normal, then we do not require to do this test..

Athes,

I think we need to do another blood test to check the sugar level in our body to see whether bb is big/heavy..Im doing the blood test on 10 Dec. Got to fast 1 night b4..i hope i wont get gastric the next day b4 the blood test. Hope gyane wont ask me stop eating sweet things..all the while I have limit myself to consume too much oredi..if still ask me to control then i feel 'si beh cham' hahaha

minfatong

Hi Mintafong,

Any idea how ur gynae measure ur BB weight? I went for my check up about two weeks back, I was 27w6d then, gynae said my BB was 1.2kg. But I only saw him measure BB's head dia and body dia. Hmm.. He said to me few weeks back after my detail scanned (I did it when I was 24w), the BB was slightly smaller so the EDD will shift from 8th Feb to 14th Feb.

Now I am really confuse.. Hmm.. If my BB was 1.2kg at 28w, does it means she is on the norm range again? So my EDD will change? Hmm.. I m going for another check up tmr. I hope my gynae is not too busy to explain to me.

Btw, I had my swollen feet two weeks ago too.. It happened so suddenly, but subsided the next day morning. According to doc, more rest, raise ur leg when zzZ, low salt intake. But I worn the leggings too when I hv swollen feet. I do not know if is appropriate, coz sometimes ppl said legging is too tight and will stop the blooding from flowing well. But it does help for my swollen feets.

My Gynae will measure the diameter of the head n body n the length of the thigh bone to determine the weight of the baby. But I oso refer to this link from time to time to compare whether my bb weight is normal. Haha.. I very kiasu!!!

If according to this chart, when u was in weeks 28, bb weight 1.2kg shd fine le, not sure why the Gynae will say yr bb is smaller. Ya, think u better check with gynae. I tot once EDD is fix by gynae then only can be earlier but not later 1...but we 1st time mummy so not very sure abt it..haha

http://www.babycenter.com/average-fetal-length-weight-chart

Ya, the Gestational Diabetic test! My weight is about 65kg now, had put on around 7kg since the beginning of pregnancy. Maybe I told my Gynae that my family got historical of diabetic issue, so he just want to play safe.

Last edited:

petitemum

Hi jacoco,

My due date is same as yours 4th feb. My tummy looks small and I gained only 8kg. I am going for natural
Birth. But i dont know its the baby is big, I am having very bad pain around belly button and cant really move around. I need to take panadol and bed rest for about a few hours. Hopefully it will gone soon.

Which hospital r u going to deliver at? I am having glucose test on this Saturday. Praying hard to get good result.

Dear mummies-to-be

Me too- i have put on like 15- 17 kg of weight and now I am in my 30weeks. I do have sweet tooth and my Gynae suggested me to stop eating rice,bread, ice cream etc. My body dont really look that big but my tummy is super big and many pple tot i am going to give birth soon.

Have you gals got everything ready since we only left ard 10 weeks (For early Feb EDD).

Anyone same date as me? 4th Feb? Going for natural or C-section?

Care to share?

Cheers

Athes

Thanks, gal. I ll hv a check with my gynae today.

Good luck for ur Glucose Test.. Hope everything is fine. 7kg gained for u now should be juz nice.

Cheers!

My Gynae will measure the diameter of the head n body n the length of the thigh bone to determine the weight of the baby. But I oso refer to this link from time to time to compare whether my bb weight is normal. Haha.. I very kiasu!!!

If according to this chart, when u was in weeks 28, bb weight 1.2kg shd fine le, not sure why the Gynae will say yr bb is smaller. Ya, think u better check with gynae. I tot once EDD is fix by gynae then only can be earlier but not later 1...but we 1st time mummy so not very sure abt it..haha

Average fetal length and weight chart | BabyCenter

Ya, the Gestational Diabetic test! My weight is about 65kg now, had put on around 7kg since the beginning of pregnancy. Maybe I told my Gynae that my family got historical of diabetic issue, so he just want to play safe.

Athes

Hi Petitemum,

What was ur original weight? I suppose u r very skinny and tat's why the tummy is small. My tummy was small too and start shown up slightly in about 6months. Haha.. For me, I hv gained 7kg too, I m in Wk 30 too. Many ppl said my tummy is not visible maybe due to my height.

Have u seek ur gynae opinion before taking the panadol to kill the pain? You hv to be careful while taking the medicine, some are not suitable for preggy lady oh. Is better u find out what's the reason for the stretch and pain first. If is internal ligament strain, u might want to try on the belly support belt? Is good if u check with ur gynae.

Cheers!

Hi jacoco,

My due date is same as yours 4th feb. My tummy looks small and I gained only 8kg. I am going for natural
Birth. But i dont know its the baby is big, I am having very bad pain around belly button and cant really move around. I need to take panadol and bed rest for about a few hours. Hopefully it will gone soon.

Which hospital r u going to deliver at? I am having glucose test on this Saturday. Praying hard to get good result.

chjean

I went to visit my gynae last sat and sad to say, my gynae says I must choose c-sec now cuz my bb is apparently getting too big!
i remember when i went in late Oct, bb was less than 900g, and last sat, bb was 1.85kg! omg! my gynae was quite worried cuz he also found a "trace" in my urine sample and made me return this coming friday to do a blood test. He said my bb may end up to be 3.6kg upon delivery and is too big for a natural delivery for me and would probably be earlier than EDD. So now, instead of the initial 6 Feb EDD, he is scheduling for 26 Jan (4th day of Lunar New Year)... hope the blood test this fri will show healthy results!! otherwise, i really have to plan for late jan delivery le.

by the way, i have only gained 8kg since start of pregnancy, so that means all that i eat is really absorbed by my bb.
could it be i drank too much soft drinks? ate too much chocolates, cakes and icecream? my hubby scolded me for not listening to his advice, always like to drink cold and eat sweet. sigh...

petitemum

Hi ChJean,

Don't be sad.. You will be fine. Your doctor knows what to do and atleast you know how big is ur baby now.
For me, My gynae didn't scan the baby since after 22 weeks. so I am not sure my baby is big or small or normal. I gaind 8kg so far too.
And I need to do the urine test on this saturday as he told me I got too much sugar in urine.. May be coz of the soft drinks. I cut down chocolates and sweet stuffs though...

My problem now is I am having pain around navel area. Sometimes I cant even walk or stand up striaght. Whenever I called my gynae's clinic and the nurse only ask me to take panadol and rest.
I need to find out what is causing this problem in next appointment. When I goggle it, it says its normal in pregancy. Just the abdomen wall is stretching. But the pain is unbearble sometimes.. I am not sure it is due to because of my baby size. I am also worried about that..

I went to visit my gynae last sat and sad to say, my gynae says I must choose c-sec now cuz my bb is apparently getting too big!
i remember when i went in late Oct, bb was less than 900g, and last sat, bb was 1.85kg! omg! my gynae was quite worried cuz he also found a "trace" in my urine sample and made me return this coming friday to do a blood test. He said my bb may end up to be 3.6kg upon delivery and is too big for a natural delivery for me and would probably be earlier than EDD. So now, instead of the initial 6 Feb EDD, he is scheduling for 26 Jan (4th day of Lunar New Year)... hope the blood test this fri will show healthy results!! otherwise, i really have to plan for late jan delivery le.

by the way, i have only gained 8kg since start of pregnancy, so that means all that i eat is really absorbed by my bb.
could it be i drank too much soft drinks? ate too much chocolates, cakes and icecream? my hubby scolded me for not listening to his advice, always like to drink cold and eat sweet. sigh...

Athes

Hi Chjean,

What a big increment in ur BB weight! 950g! But how long is the interval the weight was taken? 3 weeks? So urs is a BB boy?

Hmm... I went for my gynae check yesterday, my BB is only 1.3kg. Hmm.. Compared to two weeks back, is only 100g+ increment. I don't know how my gynae took the weight last time, or maybe is only his own estimate. Though is 1.3kg, he say BB growth is normal. Hmm..

Sometimes I am really confuse by the gynae, I was asking him if the BB suddenly growing too big, do I need to induce earlier, he said no but wait till 40weeks. But my fren's case is same as u, her BB is big and her gynae asked her to induce for early birth.

Well, u gotta take care, heed their advice for not taking too much sweet stuffs...

Cheers!

chjean

Hi Athes, I visit my gynae every month, so the last measurement was exactly 4 weeks ago. He says he wants to see me more often becos of the bb size and urine trace. so he's seeing me again this friday after the blood test. Mine is a baby girl.. My MIL says bb is big cuz I "tam jiak" (eat too much), but i told her I only gain 8kg, weighing 56kg now so how to be eat too much? I insist not to cut down on my rice cuz I only eat 1 bowl of rice at lunch/dinner, not like I eat 2/3 bowls.. so I think my carbo (for rice) is ok? My hubby's colleague suggested cutting down portions of rice and noodles for meals, while having frequent small bites the whole day. that should weigh down the hunger and cut down the carbo intake.

Petitemum, yes, with too much sugar in urine, we must watch it. i have since stopped soft drinks, cakes and icecream and chocolate! boo hoo, those are my favourite snacks. my hubby is quite naughty - i can't eat but he eats the chocolates in front of me. i told him he must "suffer" with me too! no chocos for him! haha.. since start of the week, i have been bringing my water bottle everywhere with me. i drink plain water during lunch to avoid the lure of soft drinks.. hopefully all these actions help for my blood test this friday.. You have pain in your navel area? i have short spasms of pain which last few seconds only and seldom happens. i think it is pretty normal since the uterus womb everything is busy adjusting themselves for expansion and delivery. however I think you should discuss prolonged pain with your gynae, instead of just popping panadol all the time.

by the way, i usually itch around the navel area.. hehe..

Athes

Hi Chjean,

Dun think u need to purposely cut down the carbo for the time being since u r only eating one bowl of rice during lunch/dinner. Let the gynae to advise u this Saturday. Dun starve urself unnecessarily. But cutting down the sugar is a good choice, especially from now till ur glucose test. My Fren gotta GD and her gynae listed down a menu for her daily meals, is like kinda pathetic, they ll count and limit all things u eat..

For itchy naval, apply MORE stretch mark cream. Haha.. I super "ai shui". Has been checking if there's any lines on my tummy daily. My tummy has been ballooning up so quick for the past one week.. Ooo! This worry me quite a bit. Haha..

pooof!

Does anyone hv stay in confinement lady/nanny to recommend? Solely take care of newborn with no cooking and washing required. Edd likely end Jan early feb 2012. Thks!

Hi Ladies

Sorry for interrupting your discussion.

I'm letting go of a BRAND NEW Fisher-Price Precious Planet Newborn to Toddler Portable Rocker at $160.
Got it at $180 from Robinson.
Box is opened as we wanted to make sure it works.
Had to let it go as we got the same one (pre-loved) from a friend.

Babygear Product

Please email me at kellchanwl@gmail.com if you are interested.
Collection at AMK.

Tks

Hi hi.. For those who signed up the prenatal class with Thomson Medical which the class will be conducted in AMK Hub, pls note the actual location is at AMK Hub, Level 3, Little School House.

I ll start my first session in 2 hrs time.. Excited.. U gals enjoy too..!
Hi Athes

Didn't realise that we r in the same class until now.... Haven't been visiting this site for long. The last session is that doctor's talk, right? Any idea where is the venue? Dun think it is at that same little Skool house location...

Athes

Oh? We r in the same class? Haha! What a coincident..

Hmm.. Not sure where and when is the talk. Mrs Wong won't be there next week, right? How do u find the class? I m totally blur with how to carry BB and a bit scare of the breast feeding. The photos really turn me off.. Haha!

Hi Athes

Didn't realise that we r in the same class until now.... Haven't been visiting this site for long. The last session is that doctor's talk, right? Any idea where is the venue? Dun think it is at that same little Skool house location...

Shiawase

Any mummies experienced lightening already? My mum commented that my tummy seems to have lowered and she said I look like I might deliver earlier than my edd which is 4 feb.. I wonder how it feels like for baby to be engaged? Sometimes I get a little pain down there and going to toilet more often.. :s still not very prepared for delivery though.. *worried*

Athes

Oh? How to see if the tummy is lowered? I hv no feel at all.. My EDD is 10 days after yours.

Hmm... Dun worry, gal. Juz get everything prepared and pack ur bag. You will be fine. I only worry that the water bag burst while i am at work, the rest I hv not tot so much. But juz wondering how would the feeling like during contraction.

Any mummies experienced lightening already? My mum commented that my tummy seems to have lowered and she said I look like I might deliver earlier than my edd which is 4 feb.. I wonder how it feels like for baby to be engaged? Sometimes I get a little pain down there and going to toilet more often.. :s still not very prepared for delivery though.. *worried*

chjean

that is called lightening? hmm.. will try to monitor the shape of my tummy now that you mention it. carrying my 2.5kg baby now is no small feat! quite heavy to walk around now.. and i must agree with Shiawase, there is a little pain sometimes and I tend to go to toilet more often. I guess the baby is getting bigger and bigger and pressing onto our organs..

by the way ladies, i am going for csec on 25 Jan (3rd day of CNY) cos doc says cannot be later than 26 Jan.
I have joined the Jan thread! good luck to all mummies - D Day is arriving sooner than you know!!!!

anyone started the coconut drink yet?

Athes

Hi Chjean,

U r fast..! My BB is only 2kg as of last Tuesday scan. So how many days in advance are u now? Cannot wait till 26th means u hv to give birth latest by then?

petitemum

Oh, we r on the same due date..I dont feel light but I feel heavy. really uncomfortable now.. I also got a little pain at my pelvic area. My hubby is still in oversea and I am so not readay to give birth yet.. I havent even packed the hospital bag.. :)