EDD Feb 2013

l0r3tTa

May I no wats d benefit of delaying cord cutting?
Hi apr gal,
I read about it, that delayed cord clamping can help baby to achieve a normal blood volume at birth, to maintain a normal oxygen supply during the transition to breathing at birth, to achieve a normal total body iron at birth, the mother to have a normal and uncomplicated placental birth and blood loss.

Maybe check with your gynae what's his/her point of view on that.

Meowgirl

Apr gal...my sis actually commented that it's easier to pull up the ahh bra from bottom..but i find that with our belly, it should be mission impossible for us... i wear it from the top, and find it ok.. maybe just because my sis is bigger in size than me..

Apr gal

Thanks!!! Will check wif gynae next time

Hi apr gal,
I read about it, that delayed cord clamping can help baby to achieve a normal blood volume at birth, to maintain a normal oxygen supply during the transition to breathing at birth, to achieve a normal total body iron at birth, the mother to have a normal and uncomplicated placental birth and blood loss.

Maybe check with your gynae what's his/her point of view on that.

Apr gal

Apr gal...my sis actually commented that it's easier to pull up the ahh bra from bottom..but i find that with our belly, it should be mission impossible for us... i wear it from the top, and find it ok.. maybe just because my sis is bigger in size than me..
I think I will still wear from top. Pull up from bottom seems a little impossible for me too!

pinkk11

Hi hi I'm expecting a princess too on feb 26. So far have not bought anything yet. you?
mi too. Have not bought any thing yet. My cousin prepared a bag of infant clothes for me. So I think I might not need to buy any clothings. Have yet to prepare shopping list too. :p

Which gynae u going to and where r you delivering at? :)

Ah Cheng

I signed up stem cord, didn't buy for elder one, so got it this time. Different package, can pay thru the dollar to dollar account, so I think still ok. It's only up to certain age (can't remember is 18 or 21) and later age package has not calculated yet if our child still want to continue it.

Meowgirl

i signed up with cord life...those giving birth in TMC..if have the FBI card, have discount.. i took up the package for 21 yrs..1 lump sum to be paid with the CDA account...when baby 21 yrs old..then let him decide...not sure if i'm correct...i did a rough comparison..cordlife seems to be slightly cheaper than stem cord (or maybe it's because I have the FBI card discount)..

Hi All Mummies, I have been so busy with work hence no chance to come in see see look look :) I already gotten my jamu massage lady, engaged her for my pre-natal massage too like her very much. She help me adjusted my womb a bit bit as previously i almost fall twice and after she did i feel baby movement more frequently. For CL I not getting jus follow the confinement recipes book bah my #1 I oso din get confinement lady as I have my maid to help me. My #1 is 18mths very active always wanting me to carry her but my tummy is getting in the way which makes it difficult for me to carry her. Getting more n more exhausted as weeks pass.

Haven done much shpping except for buy merries at parenthood fair, cos im expecting a girl so can wear her jie jie clothes :)

Recently was told by gynae not to be stressed and rest more, but my boss has been adding more job on me tat make me kind of stressful so i told him if i continue to be stressed i will be getting HL fom my gynae so he cancel my deadline so i can work better without stress:p

Btw jts mummies if u are deliverying ur baby before 4th feb ur baby will still be consider as a dragon baby cos 立春 is on 4th feb an chi believes tat after 立春 den is start of a new yr n new zodiac :)

oh btw anyone intrested in getting maxi cosi cabriofix 11 harry colour? Hubby n me got it and sil still help us buy so we gt 2 exact same de. Usual Price is $358, Parenthood fair at $269. Willing to let go at $240

Score board (6 boys / 3 girls)

Cheng - prince - 12/2 - TMC - #2
Lilo - prince - 12/2 - TMC - #1
Vel - - 16/2 -
Meowgirl - prince - 19/2 - TMC - #1
Starling - prince - 21/2 - Mt A - #1
Apr Gal - princess - 23/2 - TMC - #1
Chiligal - prince - 24/2 - Mt A - #2
Oinkquack - prince - 24/2 - Mt A - #1
Babycherry - princess - 27/2 - Mt A - #1
Chantal Yeong - princess - 21/2 - Mt A - #2

Last edited:

babycherry

Wah so many boys from the score board ya..
I havent bought anything as well, except for a few baby clothes here and there. and 2pieces cloth diapers to try2 (from alva baby).

Checked with stemcord for their pricing. $1380 for signing up (incl collection of cord blood and 1st yr waiver fee) and $275/yr frm 2nd yr onwards. This is for the annual package price.

Does anyone know how to help the placenta to go up during pregnancy?was told by gynae at week24 tt my placenta was lying low, borderline. Kinda worried here.

I had low lying placenta too during my #1 gynae says will move up as baby grows. It really did went up when i was due for labour. Try not to stand too much n too long if possible. Gynae will not suggest u to get any massage on ur bump so nth much can be done. But there are jamu massage lady who says they can try help adjust a bit. Better check with gynae if u intend to get a massage :)
Wah so many boys from the score board ya..
I havent bought anything as well, except for a few baby clothes here and there. and 2pieces cloth diapers to try2 (from alva baby).

Checked with stemcord for their pricing. $1380 for signing up (incl collection of cord blood and 1st yr waiver fee) and $275/yr frm 2nd yr onwards. This is for the annual package price.

Does anyone know how to help the placenta to go up during pregnancy?was told by gynae at week24 that my placenta was lying low, borderline. Kinda worried here.

Starling

Hi Starling my edd is 21feb at mt a too:) maybe we get to mit then hehe *wave wave*
Hi Chantal, cool!!! same date!!!
hmmm, you were talking abt 立春. r u considering a dragon instead of a snake? I am considering.. but seems impossible. cos seems very rush as baby just reach 37 wks, issit safe?

pinkk11

hi babycherry!
we have the same due date and i'm also at Mt A!
which ob/gyn you seeing?

Score board (6 boys / 4 girls)

Cheng - prince - 12/2 - Thomson Medical Center - #2
Lilo - prince - 12/2 - Thomson Medical Center - #1
Vel - - 16/2 -
Meowgirl - prince - 19/2 - Thomson Medical Center - #1
Starling - prince - 21/2 - Mt A - #1
Apr Gal - princess - 23/2 - Thomson Medical Center - #1
Chiligal - prince - 24/2 - Mt A - #2
Oinkquack - prince - 24/2 - Mt A - #1
Babycherry - princess - 27/2 - Mt A - #1
Chantal Yeong - princess - 21/2 - Mt A - #2
pinkk11 - princess - 27/2 - Mt A - #1

Apr gal

Hi Chantal, cool!!! same date!!!
hmmm, you were talking abt 立春. r u considering a dragon instead of a snake? I am considering.. but seems impossible. cos seems very rush as baby just reach 37 wks, issit safe?
Hi, anyone find out if dragon or snake bb better tis time round? I'm at borderline too if dragon bb. Pls share yr finding if any. Tq