EDD Feb 2013

SJBaby

Hi SJBaby, I'm also at my 23th week..i guess my baby is really good at absorbing nutrients? :p

My weight +/- during the first trim then suddenly the whole 4kg came in within 1mth...even my gynae was shock with the sudden weight gain..but i recall there was a week that i crave for soft drinks...wonder if that's the cause... so now constantly monitoring my weight gain.. scared it goes rocket high again...
The weight gain is a very sudden one? you better take good care of urself :( Me too crave for soft drink but i try very hard to control... but i realise my tummy suddenly grow very fast and i'm starting to have pain at the right side of my hip . Esp when i try to get out from my bed... i always experience sharp pain.. haiz will check with my gynea on my next visit .

Ah Cheng

The weight gain is a very sudden one? you better take good care of yourself :( Me too crave for soft drink but i try very hard to control... but i realise my tummy suddenly grow very fast and i'm starting to have pain at the right side of my hip . Esp when i try to get out from my bed... i always experience sharp pain.. sigh will check with my gynea on my next visit .

Put pillows under your back/hip, it will helps.
Not to drink too much soft drink, too much sugar. Or keep it to only 1 per day, slowly to 1 alternate day.
But I also have lots of craving for sweet stuffs, love ice-cream, Mango.... haha!

SJBaby

Any idea if parenthood fair is bigger than tis week baby expo? So disappointed with d fair tis weekend.
Hihi.. from what i have been following so fair.. the few Mega baby fair is.. Motherhood fair, Taka fair and Parenthood fair.. I will be going next week and hopefully i can get all the stuffs i need as nowsday i'm starting to have abit of problem walking.. :( My right hip pain is killing me esp when i try to get out from my bed ..

Apr gal

Last week was d Baby expo. If next week Parenthood fair is a big one I will consider gg.

Anyone gg to let bb wear d cloth diaper to prevent leaking? Or fully on diapers?

babycherry

Wah, i havent bought anything yet.. Hubby not around. So mayb wilk go parenthood fair to grab most stuff at one go.

Btw anyone experiencing pain at e right side of belly? Especially after meals.. These days i feel liddat dunno norml or not.

Starling

ya, last wk fair is baby expo, mostly all clothes (carter brand) and diapers.

this coming fair shld hv more things. u can go to Motherhood - Parenthood Fair 2012 to download the brochure.

AprGal, r u talking abt the charlie banana reusable diaper or the olden days cloth with pin type?

Meowgirl

AprGal, I bought the cloth diaper from Moo Moo Kow earlier this month from expo baby fair too..got the package...16 sets..all very vibrant colours..hehe.. thinking that it should be more eco-friendly and comfortable for the baby...now just hoping that i will be diligent enough to continue using those...it's says to be 1 size from newborn to potty train...which i thought is quite a good idea...

Starling

Meowgirl, how does the diaper works? must wash and also buy the inserts issit? issit convenient
to buy the inserts? and roughly how much are the inserts?

Meowgirl

Sterling.. The diaper comes with snap buttons in front that you can adjust according to the baby's size..that's why it says to be suitable for newborn to potty train..there's a bit of elastic at the back..so baby can pull it down as a pants when potty training...

Need inserts and can be machine washed.. I find the cloth quite soft, shld be comfortable for the baby...

As for the price..1 set comes with diaper + 1 small insert + 1 large insert..think it's made of microfiber material..cost $30.. Price for extra inserts will have to check out their website.. I bought the package at baby fair, so it's cheaper and came with other things like extra inserts and changing pad.. so far, i see Moo Moo Kow in Spring Maternity or can buy online through their website too..

Found out that it's a Singapore company, but manufacture in China..but I see the quality and workmanship quite ok.. Compared with other famous brand like Bumwear and Raf Raf during the baby fair...somehow i prefer the material of Moo Moo Kow.. You can take a look at their website. Moo Moo Kow

Personally, I like their cow print design.. all other colours looks good too...was joking with my MIL, no need to buy shorts for baby..the diaper looks nice enough to wear out.. hehe...

Starling

sorry ah, i ku ku... so many qns...
the inserts can wash and last forever?? then when bb go outdoors, soiled n wee-ed, is change the inserts or the microfiber diaper?

Meowgirl

it's ok..i also blur blur when i know about the cloth diaper..there's an opening at the back of the diaper to put the insert in...the urine will pass through the diaper then to the insert...but seems like the diaper wouldn't really stay wet...it will be absorbed by the insert...so my take is if urine not too much, shld be ok to change the insert only.. but if soiled, then definitely have to change the diaper as well.. from what i see..the insert shld be quite lasting to withstand washes..

Apr gal

Hi Meowgirl, can share d package price n wat it incl? I saw Bumwear quite popular too but din c d actual quality? Izzit not tat good? I saw some other brand they recommend to put d old fashion type of cloth diaper inside as d bottom inserts. Do u think it can b done?

AprGal, I bought the cloth diaper from Moo Moo Kow earlier this month from expo baby fair too..got the package...16 sets..all very vibrant colours..hehe.. thinking that it should be more eco-friendly and comfortable for the baby...now just hoping that i will be diligent enough to continue using those...it's says to be 1 size from newborn to potty train...which i thought is quite a good idea...

Meowgirl

the one with the old fashion cloth diaper one is the diaper cover ba? i saw those in those neighbourhood stores and kiddy palace...i thought those are just a waterproof cover to go on top of the old fashion cloth diaper?

the one i got is the Value Pack B from Moo Moo Kow website..except that i got it from expo sales, so they throw in 4 more sets of the diaper...making it total 16 sets..the other items and pricing are the same as the Value Pack B stated on their website... sorry..i a bit lazy to list out all the items.. :p

Apr gal

Thanks Meowgirl! I will check it out!!! Guess I will only get d 4 PC set will do. Not sure how comfortable it is. I think will still get diapers if gg out else will b a bit messy to bring home soiled napkins???

Meowgirl

Apr gal..that's what i'm thinking too..if go out then use the disposable one..i hope that at least the cloth diaper wouldn't make me worry if baby has grown out of the diaper size too fast.. :)