Edd feb 2014

mummy dee

Same. I pump every 2 hours and get around 60mls. If the interval is longer then maybe 90ml. I read somewhere the milk supply will be more during the night.. So depends on whether you can wake up to pump.

mummy dee

Don't be discouraged. Just keep trying to latch on.. There must be babies who take longer than others. I'm also trying to get my baby to latch on with help of nipple shield.. Jia you!

Hi mummydee, I also hope my milk supply will come in the first few days;but I m not. And I had latching problems (due to nipple is big & bb didn't open his mouth)..These issues make me upset again.I "consult" from the pd & my gynea. They recommend a experienced LC for e & I get help.

Maria Wee

Hi mommies, any of your babies is not a drinker and requires a lot of coaxing for them to finish their feed (regardless bf or via bottle)? my son tend to drink and stop, or drink and sometimes fall asleep halfway through. when he ends up eating less, he'll wake earlier in hunger in the next hour or couple of hours.

Rye

Mine is like that. End up in a cluster of 3.5 hrs latch 3 times at say 3pm once 4 pm once then 5:30pm once. Each time 15-30 mins. Then next feed at 7:30pm or 8pm.
Same on bottle if EBM takes more than 30 mins to suck. If fm then 2-3hrs interval. Since its only day 5 I just let it be.

Maria Wee

Mine is like that. End up in a cluster of 3.5 hrs latch 3 times at say 3pm once 4 pm once then 5:30pm once. Each time 15-30 mins. Then next feed at 7:30pm or 8pm.
Same on bottle if EBM takes more than 30 mins to suck. If fm then 2-3hrs interval. Since its only day 5 I just let it be.
sounds really tough on you too. :( were you able to get rest, if any at all??

Rye

Hv.. :) night feeds after 9pm done by confinement nanny. I will sleep. Then abt 3am I woke once to hand express. Then go back to sleep. Day time still can sleep in between feeds. If latch on left breast I will lie down n let bab latch lying down. But right side hv to carry to latch. So far still ok. Wait till no more nanny then that would be more tired. Now is the time to build up the strength.

Hi mummies, closing down sale up to 65% off for baby items! pls visit Belle Couture
good quality and reasonable price. Pls pm me if you see anything you like... Btw it's in aud but I will exchange to sgd based on current rate.my sis will be here on early march, so you can save the shipping cost...

I usuly get at least 200ml from combined breasts each pump..initially I woke up in the morning to pump bit now just too lazy to wake up..wake up in the morning at about 8am to pump boobs engorged and painful

really very tired from pumping..having bad body ache
my gal doesn't like to latch on so have been bottle feeding her
went to see Gynae yesterday for follow up and he told me it is ok not to latch on as long as bb get the right milk content and feeding well. Latching is for bonding.
after hearing what he said I kind of agree with what he said so guess I won't be persistent in latching on anymore..wanted to get LC for help but now no need already..
latching on will make me even more tired and stressed out over time

Rye

No point stressing out really. For my first one I stressed out so much that my milk yield was poor n I was depressed... Stay happy, pump wat u can cuz as long as shes healthy n getting some bm everyday, it makes a happy mommy.

Gabrielle86

I too in delimma... Painful sore nipple that make me wanna give up latching. But reluctant to give up the bonding time. 怎么办?

mummy dee

If your boobs are engorged then massage the hard lumpy bits. The LC massaged and showed us how. Also use a warm towel over them before expressing?

200ml is really good. You should keep it up. I'm only getting 60ml each time so I find myself trying to catch up with the baby feeding all the time :p

I usuly get at least 200ml from combined breasts each pump..initially I woke up in the morning to pump bit now just too lazy to wake up..wake up in the morning at about 8am to pump boobs engorged and painful

really very tired from pumping..having bad body ache
my gal doesn't like to latch on so have been bottle feeding her
went to see Gynae yesterday for follow up and he told me it is ok not to latch on as long as bb get the right milk content and feeding well. Latching is for bonding.
after hearing what he said I kind of agree with what he said so guess I won't be persistent in latching on anymore..wanted to get LC for help but now no need already..
latching on will make me even more tired and stressed out over time

hi mummies, how long do u usually pump each time? it's my 5th day today. n last night I pump 2 hrs for both breasts to get only 30ml..
this morning was better abt 1hr get 30ml for both breasts.

bluestarz

Hi all... I'm a first time mom, popped my boy out on 12 Feb (induced, natural birth but with epidural). Kudos to those natural birth without epidural... I wanted to go without epidural, but end up the pain was too much for me to bear, and I was also physically and mentally tired. End up begging for epidural. :p

Just wanna share what I heard from another friend that for C-Sec mummies, to alleviate the pain, can try using the belly support belt so that the would does not feel so painful.

My boy until now still doesn't know how to latch, maybe due to my aerola or nipple size, etc. I have many nurses and LCs who tried to teach me during my hospital stay, but still no luck with latching. Quite vexing and stressful to hear him cry his lungs out when he is hungry and can't suckle. So now am expressing and bottle feeding him. For my sanity and to make sure he is well fed enough (his jaundice level is 258 now).

I think most important is that mummies not be stressed, otherwise you can't care for baby. I used to think I'm such a failure that I can't latch him, so simple task... Until my friend told me, importantly is try to breast feed if can. But whether latch works or not, whether you got enough milk or not, whether you feed formula milk only, no point beating up yourself over it; you will easily get depressed and that's not good...

take care all mummies, and mummies to be! :)

Hi all... I'm a first time mom, popped my boy out on 12 Feb (induced, natural birth but with epidural). Kudos to those natural birth without epidural... I wanted to go without epidural, but end up the pain was too much for me to bear, and I was also physically and mentally tired. End up begging for epidural. :p

Just wanna share what I heard from another friend that for C-Sec mummies, to alleviate the pain, can try using the belly support belt so that the would does not feel so painful.

My boy until now still doesn't know how to latch, maybe due to my aerola or nipple size, etc. I have many nurses and LCs who tried to teach me during my hospital stay, but still no luck with latching. Quite vexing and stressful to hear him cry his lungs out when he is hungry and can't suckle. So now am expressing and bottle feeding him. For my sanity and to make sure he is well fed enough (his jaundice level is 258 now).

I think most important is that mummies not be stressed, otherwise you can't care for baby. I used to think I'm such a failure that I can't latch him, so simple task... Until my friend told me, importantly is try to breast feed if can. But whether latch works or not, whether you got enough milk or not, whether you feed formula milk only, no point beating up yourself over it; you will easily get depressed and that's not good...

take care all mummies, and mummies to be! :)
agree... I was quite depress the 1st few days after giving birth. I had a tough 3rd trim, induced at 39wks+, dilated only till 3cm after a long 16hrs so in the end c sect. after that no milk and cannot really latch on... felt like a failure.

after talking out to my friends who had given birth they advice me to take it easy on myself. cannot latch then pump sure got milk. tell me c sect so common why so depress etc. then finally I decided to take it easy and be happy. now I just give whatever I have to baby and top up with formula milk if needed. feel so much better! :)

But it's really quite sad, I gave birth on 9th, n hv been pumping to stimulate milk. Till now I can only managed 40ml combined from both breast each time. N bb quite impatient to latch, always cry out loud :(

ahkiang

30 Days Confinement Herbal Bath (30 packets / $1.60 each)

main.jpg

Selling 30packs for $48 (recommended to use it for 30 days)

Local TCM Shop selling at $2-$3.50 per pack!

bluestarz

But it's really quite sad, I gave birth on 9th, n hv been pumping to stimulate milk. Till now I can only managed 40ml combined from both breast each time. N bb quite impatient to latch, always cry out loud :(
Dont need to be sad... Let's just do what we can... Seems like there are already many advices how to increase milk supply... As long we tried, we did our best, let's just take comfort in that... :) Breastfeeding is NOT everything... My boy also impatient to latch and cry like machiam I starve him, until I also very frustrated initially. Now I'm just pumping what I can and feed him. Will supplement with FM if needed and luckily hubby is supportive cos he also see that I'm having a hard time also...