EDD in Oct'09

hueychye79

Feel excited and worry about the labour! :embarrassed:

Tummy become heavy and heavy.....

Hope baby will pop out after the full term..:001_302:

Stan

Half excited and half worried coz yesterday went for 35weeks check up and im already 1cm dilated!

Hospial bag packed already, just to think is there anymore last minute things need to buy!
usually at how many weeks will the dilation starts?

hakisumi

ladies, you better cherish the time before baby born haha..
coz these are the last weeks before sleepless nights when your newborn arrive.. heheheh

hahaha.. ya lor.. the nurse at my clinic also tell me slp as much as u can..lie as much as u can.. if not be prepared 2 yrs ..no nd to slp.. hahaha :err:

Harmy

Wow i can't believe were at the final stages!!!!!

Time really has flown by!!

I have my appointment 2moro im 35 weeks so see how it goes!!
So far my appointments are every 3 weeks but i think they will be every 2 weeks or every week from now.

My tummy is also feeling heavy but luckily im still working and feeling ok not too tired and not pee-ing too much, infact the last week i havent even woken up during the night to go to the toilet.

I think i have to start packing my hospital bag, thinking of going to the baby fair this weekend and getting a few things and then gona pack really haven't done much yet, been busy with work.

Porukadotzu - you mentioned alcohol to dab, where will you be dabbing that? what is it for?

My stomach feels sooo hard all the time and the baby moves alot i can feel every single movement, i think cos im still generally small and my tummy is tight i can feel it more!!

What maternity pads do you use and where do you get them from?

Porukadotzu

Karoru> my check up now once a month...and yes, have your beauty sleep as much as you need!! put on those face mask, relaxing and do someting enjoying yourself...go to cinema! haha...you won't be doing it for a very long looonngggg time after baby arrive...

Harmy> mommies will need the alcohol to dab on our wound down below (if you choose a normal delivery thou) as for caesarean I dun know hehe..
the last experience, 1 pack of small cotton really not enough for me hehe..

As for pads, the hospital normally give the maternity pad the one in pink color pack brand Kotex...its very thick...but not so absorbent and so thick so its uncomfy...I prepare normal pad kotex overnight for heavy flow...i think tat should be ok..coz the heavy flow normally only for few days....

My tummy also feel cramp alot lately...it called Braxton Hicks...its like a sign tat the tummy is getting ready for delivery contraction...hehehe... when its near our delivery date we will feel this more often and more sharp...untill the real contraction begin (which will happen starting from an hour interval to minutes!)...so be used to it hehehhe!!

jas16

Hi Girls, my EDD is 7 October, Thomson Medical Center.. Gynae thinks baby may come week before..

I'm feeling a bit scared now, the braxton hicks are coming quite often and its getting uncomfortable being so big.. Doesn't it hurt to put alcohol on the wound below?

Poru>> your bag sounds much better than mine.. I'm a first timer.. so I have thus far only packed 1 set of homewear, cordlife, admin papers, 1 story book (haha), baby romper and welcome tshirt..thats it.. oh dear.. am I lacking in many things?

Last edited:

lonerjas

you got the same edd as me ! my check up this thursday.. last checkup was just passed 34weeks gynae say have not dilate.. scarred.. you must be prepared!

btw gynae say my amniotic fluid a lot during scan.. means what.. ._.? wont due so fast? :(
tis i know ... if fluid low baby is dangerous.. may lack of oxygen if i not wrong

lonerjas

Hi all!

yes, our due almost up!

I feel happy and excited welcoming the new baby in the house!

like most of you, I feel heavier and heavier...back aching at night time, out of breath when laying down, and alot of time to the toilet... thou it's my 2nd baby around, but I feel more tired than ever..haha...perhaps coz i need to care for my 1st baby too, now she's more active so i'm kinda out of energy =( hehe

but still, feel happy to welcoming the new baby!

I've packed the hospital bag already, and last sunday just went shopping for disposable undies and add few baby stuff not much thou coz my 2nd one still can use her big sis's stuff..hehe

so I already get 1 new set of newborn pajamas for her to wear from hospital... but just need to buy her a new receiving blanket. Might get it within this week or so...

anyone can remind me what else to bring to hospital? haha..
so far I have packed :

- 1pc dress to wear on going back fr hospital
- few pack of disposable undies enough for 3 days
- extra pads just incase
- 3 pc pajama w/ front button opening
- a jacket which surely needed
- pair of socks to wear at delivery room and after (thank God I wear socks on my 1st delivery! so I won't forget this)
- small towel
- ointment
- cottons for dabbing the alcohol ( frm experience, hospital only gv 1 pack free hehhe...rest they would charge)
- newborn set pajama
- receiving blanket (not yet buy)

anything else??
mittens and booties...

marriage cert if wanna do the bith cert there

-jOanna

Just finish my checkup! I've lost 600g in weght.. and baby gained 100g in 10days ! now 2.5kg~ Today's checkup is 35weeks 5days.. next checkup on 12sept ^^..

I look forward to checkups when gynae told me baby is ok average and my fluid is fine.. and i can rest my mind.. if not i keep scared baby what happen..

Btw recently I keep having dreams like giving birth to my baby and taking care of it and stuff! I'm so scared sia!

Hakisumi >> how to slp as much as we can? i every 1-2hr need go toilet once.. even at night :( when I wake up everyday, i feel so giddy due to not enough slp! :(

EDD on 13Oct, last checkup gynae told me to standby from 37th week.
Hospital bag all packed but not sure if I missed out anything...so far no "kan chiong" feeling yet though I am first time mom.

Tummy feels tighter these days + easily breathless otherwise all ok. Not much kicking from my angel. Even those braxton hicks that you all mentioned, I don't seem to have them yet (or maybe my skin too thick, can't feel) :p

Going for my checkup again next week, will see what gynae says.

babymoon

EDD on 13Oct, last checkup gynae told me to standby from 37th week.
Hospital bag all packed but not sure if I missed out anything...so far no "kan chiong" feeling yet though I am first time mom.

Tummy feels tighter these days + easily breathless otherwise all ok. Not much kicking from my angel. Even those braxton hicks that you all mentioned, I dont't seem to have them yet (or maybe my skin too thick, can't feel) :p

Going for my checkup again next week, will see what gynae says.

wah.. everybody seems so excited!!!
hello... my EDD also on 13 oct, but i still not prepare anything yet.. you very early ler.. maybe you are first time mom.. i'm expecting no.2, so not so kan chiong this time..:001_302:

lonerjas

notice alot of u baby already coming 2 kg or more le... i today go check up hor baby 1.4kg nia leh means 1 mth grow only 100g..

doc say ok la cos dat time y baby gal oso like dat but when due was 2.9kg.. So now i muz drink lots of milk haha. actually i already drinking but now muz more more. Cos i vomit alot of food that y baby cat grow much and my weight still same no diff

Porukadotzu

Hi Girls, my EDD is 7 October, Thomson Medical Center.. Gynae thinks baby may come week before..

I'm feeling a bit scared now, the braxton hicks are coming quite often and its getting uncomfortable being so big.. Doesn't it hurt to put alcohol on the wound below?

Poru>> your bag sounds much better than mine.. I'm a first timer.. so I have thus far only packed 1 set of homewear, cordlife, admin papers, 1 story book (haha), baby romper and welcome tshirt..thats it.. oh dear.. am I lacking in many things?
Hi Jas,

ya, i also feel uncomfy being a full crowded double decker hehhehe

about the alcohol, ofcoz it feels abit stinging sensation, but it will heal faster the more u dab it...no choice hv to do this, otherwise will take longer time for the wound to dry.. alcohol was given by hospital thou..

bout the hospital bag, its just from my last experience haha... last time i also dunno what to pack and in the end packing those useless thing... but now i tink i pack only wat i would need..hehhehe.

oya, dun forget, CAMERA! :tlaugh:

lonerjas

yes.. mittens and booties..

jacket and socks as deliveyr suite is cold, but if u r at KKH 6bedded ward u might not need, but still delivery suite still cold so standby socks at least.

HP charger haha.. u may need mayb.

Marriage cert if u wanna register the Birth cert there

Paper panties as may stain.. can just use and throw it there

and extra pads incase is not sufficient cos extra pack will be charged $$

lonerjas

ya you're rite...:001_302:
some time parents may wanna find SHI FU calculate names and may not need to do Birth cert in hosp.. So is up to u la..

I rather just do in hosp then don have to make a special trip down.

Cos>>> ( for my cases all my 2 kids )
Have high jaudice after discharge, due to i BF and my blood type clash with them so they have difficulties for 1st few weeks. So in order to allow baby claim medisave they need a Birth cert to prove they s'porean.

My 1st child i make a trip to ICA do lor cos beed claim medisave. Somemore that time they don have such birth cert register service in hosp la. My 2nd i did it the next day after birth heehee

hakisumi

Hakisumi >> how to sleep as much as we can? i every 1-2hr need go toilet once.. even at night :( when I wake up everyday, i feel so giddy due to not enough sleep! :(
ya lor.. me too..didnt slp much,but lie down.. brightly awake man~ dun drink water at night also cant.. cos feel the whole body so dry....drink water kept on visiting the toilet~ah yoooooo
:shyxxx: