EDD Jan 2012 Mummies

i have not weighted myself after my detailed scan... think my trip might have caused me to put on more weight!
i didnt lose any weight during my 1st trimester even with morning / night sickness....
gained 4 kg from wk 8 to 20. actually put on some weight during the initial phase. a colleague noticed that i was putting on weight cos face looks rounder, clothes look tighter. she later told me she suspected i was pregnant but didnt ask me until i announce it... haha... :D
yup, occasional treats / giving in to cravings are ok, if not, very deprived and miserable.

though my mum n websites say abstain from sushi, sashimi, fresh oysters, i do eat them once in a while.
i used to eat them more often before my pregnancy. now probably once in 2 or 3 weeks... gynae asked ok to eat, as long as i dont over-eat, not the buffet type.

as for coffee / tea / soft drinks, gynae said restrict to at most 1 a day cos of the caffeine. so i observe that...
take tea or coke once in a while.

melcochas

melcochas: oh whao you lose 5kgs! was your MS very bad? at least now it's better and you gained back! :)

haha write down your questions! i always tell my hubby i wanna ask this ask that, then when finally meet the gynae after a month, i am totally lost for questions after seeing baby on the screen haha. guess nothing matters more than seeing baby moving around in the screen :)

ah janz: then go and eat! haha. i know green bean soup is cooling though..not sure about red bean soup. maybe dun drink too much? 4.5kg for 21 weeks is the perfect weight gain leh :) so be happy about it hee! and sorry to burst your bubble but i think it will definitely keep increasing. :D LOL.

i just had mac filet meal for lunch omg sinful. so snacks later shall be corn and milk!! reduce my sins abit. hahaha.

i oh oh oh so agree!! heheh i have sooo many q to ask but when i see the litte buddy on screen, i`m like ________________________________.

i have been eating macdees and BK for the past week. and cold drinks. goodness...

Happy MTB

i oh oh oh so agree!! heheh i have sooo many q to ask but when i see the litte buddy on screen, i`m like ________________________________.

i have been eating macdees and BK for the past week. and cold drinks. goodness...
Me too! i have so many to ask! but when i was there, i never ask any questions. I just forgot after seeing baby..gosh...guess we all mummies the same haaaa. that is so natural...i think once we saw bb growing well and healthy, other things just doesnt matter already. haaa...

Me too! i have so many to ask! but when i was there, i never ask any questions. I just forgot after seeing baby..gosh...guess we all mummies the same haaaa. that is so natural...i think once we saw bb growing well and healthy, other things just doesnt matter already. haaa...
YES! Only for my first visit, I actually prepared a list of Qs which i wanted to ask but didnt ask cos the gynae kinda answered the Qs when going through certain things with me. Haha very kiasu. then subsequently visits, i wanted to ask Qs but forgot, like to get a cream for my itchy skin... cos some times so itchy i scratched till the red marks appear... was rather bad during 1st trimester and early 2nd trimester... now better... also wanted to ask if need to wear compression stockings during flights, but forgot...
After seeing baby on ultrasound scans and getting results, then forget what to ask...

pokkiedots

excited mummy: haha where did you go! feasting trip? hehe. i think sushi once in awhile is okay but for oysters and sashimi, dont eat too much ok :) if really need to eat, only eat from very reputable restaurants yah so at least hygeine is good. i understand how cravings can be like lol!! my gynae also told me limit to 1 cup of coffee / 2 cups of tea a day. so i usually drink my morning tea on alternate days haha..if not so sleepy! zzz. and i will indulge in soft drinks once in awhile too hehe!

melcochas: lol you're so cute! yah man i also go _________. when gynae asks "anything to ask me?" i will look at hubby and he looks at me and we both shake our head. :err: HAHA. goners after seeing the little one :D

quick go drink some milk / eat some healthy snacks to reduce the guilt!! hahaha. mac is so irresistable especially with the shaker fries now!! omg.

happy MTB: i so agree with you. all mummies are the same :)

hi pokkiedots,
i went to australia. didnt really feast a lot but had seafood dinner (oysters, prawns, crayfish, scallops, etc) on one of the nites. then other days were western food, like steak (medium well) & chips, fish & chips and chinese food... had very little sips of wine during the wine valley tour.
my hubby feels sad that i cant really drink with him... we still have lots of wine & champagne left from our wedding dinner last year. have wanted to open one or two during anniversary but baby's health is more impt...

Happy MTB

hi pokkiedots,
i went to australia. didnt really feast a lot but had seafood dinner (oysters, prawns, crayfish, scallops, etc) on one of the nites. then other days were western food, like steak (medium well) & chips, fish & chips and chinese food... had very little sips of wine during the wine valley tour.
my hubby feels sad that i cant really drink with him... we still have lots of wine & champagne left from our wedding dinner last year. have wanted to open one or two during anniversary but baby's health is more impt...
Wow Excited Mummy, Nice trip! Australia is a nice place! WINE! SLURPE! hees:D..I actually went to paris & london during my 1st trimester. (but then i still didnt realized i was preggy :) Thought of made in paris but who knows baby was already with me when am there...haaa. Think of it, is kind of "shocked & worried" that time when i knew am preg, cos i walked alot, & climbed alot of stairs over there with long flights, afraid might harm baby, thank goodness, baby is well...:) I think Sushi is okay, just do not take those raw ones? To me i chose those cooked ones, but not sashimi type..:)gosh i feel like eating sushi now!! "drooool"

Happy MTB

Harlo booboomum.. I dun mind the meet up too :)

Hi Jas77... I would love to feel the hard kick from bb too.. but recently bb a bit tone down on the movement.. Im coming 22 weeks, hope he gives me hard kick soon, lol

Happy MTB- so far i only bot mittens/booties, and you have oready gotten so many items, I must buck up now.. more shopping to come!

Hey shortbellrene - when doc said bb size is bigger than avg means your bb is growing well, absorbing all the food, tats good!
Hi Ahjanz, i feel i didnt buy aloot leh, i always feel that i still have so many to buy...or afraid i might left out anything. Oh ya, you know those baby carrier? i thought of buying that but i saw some mummies use those sarong wrap instead, which one is better?

AhJanz

Me too, always left dr tham's room without asking any question.

I took sashimi too, think shld be after my 16 weeks visit.. but just few slices of sashimi from a jap restaurant, its very fresh so i have no worries. I think everything in moderation is fine.

Does anyone experience leg cramps? I start having it these 2 nights, its sooo painful.

AhJanz

Hi Ahjanz, i feel i didnt buy aloot leh, i always feel that i still have so many to buy...or afraid i might left out anything. Oh ya, you know those baby carrier? i thought of buying that but i saw some mummies use those sarong wrap instead, which one is better?
Happy MTB, i will get carrier.. im not sure which is better but I supposed sarong wrap can be used right after bb's birth wheras carrier can only start after certain months right?

Happy MTB

Me too, always left dr tham's room without asking any question.

I took sashimi too, think shld be after my 16 weeks visit.. but just few slices of sashimi from a jap restaurant, its very fresh so i have no worries. I think everything in moderation is fine.

Does anyone experience leg cramps? I start having it these 2 nights, its sooo painful.
Hi Ahjanz,

ya, am having leg cramps too during the night, but it only happen when i tried to stretch my leg...

Happy MTB

Happy MTB, i will get carrier.. im not sure which is better but I supposed sarong wrap can be used right after bb's birth wheras carrier can only start after certain months right?
hmm am not very sure when we can use the carrier, i think should be certain months, if not the baby themselves cannot withhold the thing itself right? hmm confused haaa..so for example, after a month or what, we got to bring baby for injection right? by then, i don't think we can use the carrier.

AhJanz

Happy MTB, think i saw my gf carrying her boy on the baby Bjorn carrier when he's 1 mth+. Think we can check with the sales personnel before buying. I personally feel that carrier is gd to have..

melcochas

I bought three types, the SLeepy Wrap, the Peanut SHell and Baby Bjorn Active. From what i know all can be used from birth :D I think the best is still SLeepy Wrap :D

pokkiedots

hello mummies! waa i see that most of you have done some shopping already! i have not't buy any single thing yet! opps maybe time to get started keke. dont know what to start though..too many things already!!

anyway share with you ladies (though you may already know hehe), there will be a baby fair at Expo hall 5B on 21st to 23rd Oct..11am - 9pm on friday and saturday, 11am - 8pm on sunday. i'm planning to buy my big items like the cot and pram there..and also walk around and see what else i can grab. hope to get some good discounts hehehe. :Dancing_tongue:

melcochas

hello mummies! waa i see that most of you have done some shopping already! i have not't buy any single thing yet! opps maybe time to get started keke. dont know what to start though..too many things already!!

anyway share with you ladies (though you may already know hehe), there will be a baby fair at Expo hall 5B on 21st to 23rd Oct..11am - 9pm on friday and saturday, 11am - 8pm on sunday. i'm planning to buy my big items like the cot and pram there..and also walk around and see what else i can grab. hope to get some good discounts hehehe. :Dancing_tongue:
I havent bought cot and playpen! goodness... i need 2 playpens at least...